MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:11 pm
I noticed selecting 'Croatia' during checkout was giving a price of 2.60 EUR! Someone messed up the exchange rates settings, but looks like they fixed it now, 30 EUR across the board. Still crazy discount for an 8 month old plugin, but as TT_Lab says, it was obvious that they would be engaging in heavy-discounting, it's what they've been doing for some time with all the AIR VST plugins and it's a pretty common tactic for a section of the software market who are targeting the type of customer who is always chasing a deal. Price artificially high and then increasingly bigger discounts over time, until eventually it's one of those $1 plugin boutique flash offers (or one of the plugins that gets given away free with each purchase).

I honestly prefer it when companies just pick a decent, fair price and stick with it all year round, you know where you stand . You also don't leave half your customers with a bitter taste in their mouth when they see that plugin being sold for less than half what you paid for it just a few weeks previously.
By madhermit Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:59 pm
I am trying to buy this but when it asks for an email, I put mine in and nothing happens. Been trying for a day. Multiple browsers, devices. Nothing happens. I don’t get it.
By SakisX Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:12 pm
johnnytravels wrote:Didn’t get the email, any other plugins worth mentioning? Particularly interested in Model D for some low end bread and butter and the Flavour Pro fx…
Any chance this is part of the sale?

They mention a discount ,but still expensive (79€ from 99€ :lol: )
Too bad I missed the glitch on the store, funny enough ,on Akai website ,the price is 99€ from 149 :Sigh:
But it was 29€ few minutes ago , so if anyone is interested ,better go to Air site
By Monotremata Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:55 pm
Damn $29 here, must have been a glitch converting USD to Euros or something?
Shouldve checked it this morning. Probably would never use it but for $5 it wouldve been nice!
By jpeg Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:20 pm
decided to pick this up for 29;

its the akai first plugin I have purchased; and the install and activation from wireless is smooth, so kudos to akai, they are doing a great job with these instruments.

the opx has some decent sounds; for some reason I slept on this plugin; but it does seem pretty good, I defo see myself getting the mini d and the new juno when they are next on sale.
By 83dude Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:24 pm
jpeg wrote:I defo see myself getting the mini d and the new juno when they are next on sale.

Get the Mini D. I fell in love with it then as I just did with the OPx4. <3
By sl23 Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:57 pm
Thanks for the tip. I got the Opx4 for £30!.
Great sounds and easy set up. Took a little figuring out how to activate on pc, but did it by connecting live 2 to pc and going into settings.
By jpeg Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:54 am
83dude wrote:
jpeg wrote:I defo see myself getting the mini d and the new juno when they are next on sale.

Get the Mini D. I fell in love with it then as I just did with the OPx4. <3

its defo on my list bro; these instruments are gettgin real nice; the sounds are good and the convenince of these instruments all in the box is just awesome, and the interfaces look great.

i don know why i slept on the opx; i assumed it would be just dx7 pop sounds or glassy sounds; but the woodwinds while still sounding electronic, sound pretty good.
By Certified Beatz Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:07 am
Lampdog wrote:https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=215584

Had the trial I did like it but to my thinking this might be included if and when 3.0 software and firmware is launched.. until then I have plenty of plugins still in standalone using my DAW to launch.. good price but is Akai pricing themselves out of charging top price ....
By Masi Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:08 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I honestly prefer it when companies just pick a decent, fair price and stick with it all year round, you know where you stand . You also don't leave half your customers with a bitter taste in their mouth when they see that plugin being sold for less than half what you paid for it just a few weeks previously.

Do I hear the Waves rolling in from the sea of marketing tricks? ;)

With all the usual dates for discounts all through the year one is strongly adviced not to buy anything at the standard price.

As you wrote discounts were prone to happen. This one is quite high and surprisingly early. Perhaps Akai/AIR noticed that the plugin market is oversaturated. We'll see how low they get for Flex Beat at 4th of July etc.

Masi
By jpeg Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:44 pm
now that the honeymoon phase of having something new has passed; i can say that this plugin, like all the akai plugins suffers from the same issue of poor presets.

all of the synths have that overly clean vst flat tone; I think the odessey has the most unique tonal quality but i still i struggle to find useable presets in all of these synths, as most of the time am using with samples and the flat clean sound does not always sit well with samples, so seems like everything needs saturation and bit crunching to dirty up before using.
By TT_Lab Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:31 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:...until eventually it's one of those $1 plugin boutique flash offers...

TBH some of those 1$ plugins, althou old, are pretty good. I like Xpand2 and Loom a lot. :worthy: