MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By B-Wise Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:37 pm
New video from Joe Filburn breaking down how to make OPx-4 sound more analog.
Great for anyone getting it on sell currently or people that already have it & just want some new tips.

From the Description:
Exploring a different side of OPx-4 in this video, and using it to do more of an analog emulation rather than digital FM synthesis. Because OPx-4 has rich oscillators, multiple filters, lots of envelopes, and a full modulation matrix, it's really a versatile synth.

This is a pretty simple patch, and is beginner friendly. I hope you enjoy the patch walk through.

By B-Wise Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:08 pm
TT_Lab wrote:It is a great chanel! But it was kind of a bummer cos I thought it was a tutorial for a vibrophone sound...I'm all into vibrophones! :lol:

LOL...the cool thing is, if you watch his videos you should be able to make that sound with the all the amazing sound shaping tools that Akai provides. Good luck!
By Lampdog Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:13 pm
B-Wise wrote:
TT_Lab wrote:It is a great chanel! But it was kind of a bummer cos I thought it was a tutorial for a vibrophone sound...I'm all into vibrophones! :lol:

LOL...the cool thing is, if you watch his videos you should be able to make that sound with the all the amazing sound shaping tools that Akai provides. Good luck!

Yep, it’s amp, filter envelope manipulations, lfo modulates amp level, pulse width (pw) manipulation, etc. I watched the vid yesterday, understood it, turned the vid off, used mpc keys 61 and was able to get very close to the sound he had in the vid, don’t care about vibraphones, I just wanted to run the 20 minute experiment.
By B-Wise Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:24 pm
Lampdog wrote:Yep, it’s amp, filter envelope manipulations, lfo modulates amp level, pulse width (pw) manipulation, etc. I watched the vid yesterday, understood it, turned the vid off, used mpc keys 61 and was able to get very close to the sound he had in the vid, don’t care about vibraphones, I just wanted to run the 20 minute experiment.

His videos was made for people like you 8)
By hyena Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:18 pm
Joe is exceptionally skilled, he's done a ton of good work for the er-301 sound computer community. 301 is an eurorack module, think a digital modular environment like reaktor or max\msp in a single module, extremely powerful and 100% programmable on multiple leves (from ready made objects to code your own sh1t in c++ level in various shades of complexity). Joe created a bunch of really cool "modules" for the 301 and a lot of tutorials, all for free. he's a great guy!
By B-Wise Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:04 pm
hyena wrote:Joe is exceptionally skilled, he's done a ton of good work for the er-301 sound computer community. 301 is an eurorack module, think a digital modular environment like reaktor or max\msp in a single module, extremely powerful and 100% programmable on multiple leves (from ready made objects to code your own sh1t in c++ level in various shades of complexity). Joe created a bunch of really cool "modules" for the 301 and a lot of tutorials, all for free. he's a great guy!

Yeah I saw but didn't watch all those 301 videos on his YT page, but I'm not into Eurorack stuff but I still watch those type of video because they'll have more advanced synth tips so I'll check out his 301 videos someday...when he stops making Force demos :mrgreen:
By Lampdog Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:35 pm
I like his vids, no bs “it’s ya boy”, no talkin out ya ass with coulda, woulda, shoulda, type shit, no side jokes that take you off topic that leave you suspended there for a several minutes before returning to content.
By B-Wise Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:20 pm
Lampdog wrote:I like his vids, no bs “it’s ya boy”, no talkin out ya ass with coulda, woulda, shoulda, type shit, no side jokes that take you off topic that leave you suspended there for a several minutes before returning to content.

Straight to the point & no chaser :smoker: :popcorn: