MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Big Time Sunshine Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:57 pm
Hi, so I have two MPC X controllers and I would love to be able to play them both at once in the computer software via controller mode. However, when I connect them both to my computer and open up the software, I receive an error message saying…

“! Too many devices connected!
You’ve plugged in more than one device, but the MPC software will only connect to one device at a time. The software is currently connected to an MPC X”

I fully understand the error message, but is this actually true? Does anybody know if there is a way to work around this and be able to play two MPC’s at once in the computer software via controller mode?
By Big Time Sunshine Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:11 am
[quote="Big Time Sunshine"]Hi, so I have two MPC X controllers and I would love to be able to play them both at once in the computer software via controller mode. However, when I connect them both to my computer and open up the software, I receive an error message saying…

“! Too many devices connected!
You’ve plugged in more than one device, but the MPC software will only connect to one device at a time. The software is currently connected to an MPC X”

I fully understand the error message, but is this actually true? Does anybody know if there is a way to work around this and be able to play two MPC’s at once in the computer software via controller mode?

I would like to control both MPC’s in the computer software via midi. If anyone knows how, please I would love to know how.
By Big Time Sunshine Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:26 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:What is it you are hoping to do with two MPCs connected to the MPC Software? If you want the additional 16 pads, you could connect one via MIDI cable.

I do want the extra 16 pads and I would like to be able to record them on their own separate midi track. So each mpc would have its own midi track. Is that possible?
And would I connect the midi cable to my interface? Or connect the midi cable to the other mpc which is connected to the computer software via usb?