MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kazakore Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:54 am
After hitting the Erase button is there really no way to get it to apply to all tracks in the sequence? I thought this was possible before but may be mistaken, as been trying for a while to do it now and can't.

Primarily want this to be able to delete Automations from all tracks at the same time.

Although to be really useful to be Erase needs to be usable while the sequence is playing!!! I'd really really like to be able to delete at Mute Track automations from the Mute Track page with a simple Shift+Erase or similar while the song is playing! Other automation channels (or other types of event) would still need to be selected and done through the pop up window.
By Elijah Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:15 pm
There is no command to erase automation on multiple tracks at once. (The "Clear" command in the Sequence menu will erase all tracks at once, including notes, automation and instruments)

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but if you want to prevent unexpected track-mute automation recording, there is an option 'Record Track Mute and Solo Events' in Preferences>Sequencer.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:17 pm
kazakore wrote:After hitting the Erase button is there really no way to get it to apply to all tracks in the sequence? I thought this was possible before but may be mistaken, as been trying for a while to do it now and can't.

Primarily want this to be able to delete Automations from all tracks at the same time.

Although to be really useful to be Erase needs to be usable while the sequence is playing!!! I'd really really like to be able to delete at Mute Track automations from the Mute Track page with a simple Shift+Erase or similar while the song is playing! Other automation channels (or other types of event) would still need to be selected and done through the pop up window.

Iirc you can enter the erase menu from the touchscreen menu while playhead is running. If it works from there I've no idea why they didn't make it work from the dedicated button.
By kazakore Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:07 pm
Elijah wrote:There is no command to erase automation on multiple tracks at once. (The "Clear" command in the Sequence menu will erase all tracks at once, including notes, automation and instruments)

The only Clear I can find is in the Step Seq and that only clears currently selected Pad. This isn't really what I want and feel the Erase dialogue should have All Tracks as an option if you go up from having Track 1 selected. I'll throw it at the Devs as a feature request... (There's a Clear in Next Seq but that only cancels (clears) your selection.)

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but if you want to prevent unexpected track-mute automation recording, there is an option 'Record Track Mute and Solo Events' in Preferences>Sequencer.

Yeah I'm aware of this. But during live performance I may want to give the beats some movement with recording track mutes and then work with parameter changes via and external controller then want to come back and rework by beats in a bit. As I can't clear the mute automation while playing I can't do this.
By kazakore Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:08 pm
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:
kazakore wrote:After hitting the Erase button is there really no way to get it to apply to all tracks in the sequence? I thought this was possible before but may be mistaken, as been trying for a while to do it now and can't.

Iirc you can enter the erase menu from the touchscreen menu while playhead is running. If it works from there I've no idea why they didn't make it work from the dedicated button.

Where is this? Can't find Erase on the TUI on any page.
By kazakore Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:33 pm
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:
kazakore wrote:
Where is this? Can't find Erase on the TUI on any page.

Main track page under the pencil icon I think.

Id assume it's on the track pencil

Ahh cool. The pencil Edit button for Sequence brings up the general Erase option (like the button) and the same button under Track brings up the Clear option Elijah mentioned and I couldn't find.