MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kazakore Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:08 am
Am I crazy or does Track Grouping in Track Mutes do exactly the opposite of what you would expect and want? I just read a post in another thread saying it does what I would have thought it does but in fact for me it does the opposite.

How Track Mute Groups should work is that any tracks in a group should be exclusively active amongst the group. So if Track 1-4 were all get to Group 1 when you hit any pad to unmute that track the other three tracks in the group get muted. If you hit the currently active track it mutes so all of them are muted. Currently what happens is every single track in the group mute and unmutes together. This is not what is expected and basically a useless "feature"!
By eLuSiVeMiTe Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:04 pm
kazakore wrote:Am I crazy or does Track Grouping in Track Mutes do exactly the opposite of what you would expect and want? I just read a post in another thread saying it does what I would have thought it does but in fact for me it does the opposite.

How Track Mute Groups should work is that any tracks in a group should be exclusively active amongst the group. So if Track 1-4 were all get to Group 1 when you hit any pad to unmute that track the other three tracks in the group get muted. If you hit the currently active track it mutes so all of them are muted. Currently what happens is every single track in the group mute and unmutes together. This is not what is expected and basically a useless "feature"!

I would like to see extra settings for mute groups. It was one of the features on jj0s3 I really wanted on jjos2xl

Change state and cycle would be helpful.
By SuperKonquer Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:19 pm
You need to think outside the obvious to achieve what you’re trying to do. The track mute groups work as expected. What you need to do is set up multiple track groups without whatever track you want active. Then when you switch between groups it will leave whatever tracks excluded from each individual group unmuted.
By kazakore Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:08 pm
SuperKonquer wrote:You need to think outside the obvious to achieve what you’re trying to do. The track mute groups work as expected. What you need to do is set up multiple track groups without whatever track you want active. Then when you switch between groups it will leave whatever tracks excluded from each individual group unmuted.

I want to not affect any other tracks. I want the tracks in the group to be exclusively unmuted. The exact way Mute Groups work in Clips and Pads. If you truly think this is possible with the current system please give a four pad example, because I do not believe it is.