MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By collisioncenter Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:59 pm
Hi there, first time posting.
What Im trying to do is transfer files/samples/ etc from my iPad Pro and it’s Files app, into my MPC One and visa versa. Given the iPad Pro only has one USB C port, I have tried connecting them together with a usb cord, using a camera connection kit, or a USB C hub. I’ve also tried both types of the USB ports on the back of the MPC One. Neither in the iPad’s files app or in the browse menu does any sort of connection show up. I use a usb stick often to transfer files and this works fine just extra steps. There has to be a better way to streamline this right?
By HouseOfLatin Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:52 pm
i dont think the MPC has enough of a OS to handle file sharing other than via the controller mode where it reveals its drive. Have you tested to put the MPC in controller mode, if the ipad sees that drive while connected? Otherwise in stand alone i think its going to be tricky. One way maybe but both ways..
By HouseOfLatin Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:25 pm
The Files app is very rudimentary so I dont think its going to work but if it could work you would need to also "Connect to server" in your Ipads files app. There you put the ip of the MPC and login to whatever drive in your network.

Otherwise use controller mode, use the connected PC/Laptop to exchange files between all your devices to your hearts content, that will work pretty fine.
By collisioncenter Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:30 pm
Elijah wrote:My iPad pro does not recognize the MPC even in controller mode.

I just got it to work with some of the advise above, with a lil bit of nuance, for me my connection flow is as follows:::: iPad,usb c hub, usb A to B cord, into the mpc usb B port (not the A port) and lastly maybe the most important part I missed before, I put in an SD card into the MPC SD slot, then I turn on controller mode, then open up iPads files app. The external storage of the SD card, (which is my main storage bc I don’t use internal memory) is the only thing on the mpc side that is recognized, none of the internal drive or storage is shown. Hope this helps you too
By Lampdog Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:21 am
Internal will not show up.
Your mpc is also a big card reader.
Glad it worked out.
Sounds like it’s connected the same way as a computer.
By Elijah Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:51 am
collisioncenter wrote:
Elijah wrote:My iPad pro does not recognize the MPC even in controller mode.

I just got it to work with some of the advise above, with a lil bit of nuance, for me my connection flow is as follows:::: iPad,usb c hub, usb A to B cord, into the mpc usb B port (not the A port) and lastly maybe the most important part I missed before, I put in an SD card into the MPC SD slot, then I turn on controller mode, then open up iPads files app. The external storage of the SD card, (which is my main storage bc I don’t use internal memory) is the only thing on the mpc side that is recognized, none of the internal drive or storage is shown. Hope this helps you too

Ah my bad. I connected my iPad to the USB-B of the MPC(in controller mode) and it was recognized.