MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kazakore Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:07 am
Is there a quick and easy way to delete Mixer automation? I started setting levels of my Programs then noticed I had record automation on. Eventually found it on the track using that Program (what would have happened if multiple tracks were using the same program in the sequence?) But I've also adjusted some which have no track in the sequence, I can see the automaton is recorded as the slider moves, but as there is no track associated with them where do I go to delete the automation?

More obvious/dedicated mixer automation lanes would really be beneficial...
By sparky Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:28 am
Use the step edit page to view, edit and delete automation. At the top of the screen there’s a filter where you can refine what you see; if I remember right, mixer automation is one of those categories.

Alternatively, slightly clunkier, automation lane are viewable in the grid edit page using the tab at the bottom (by default it says velocity but if you tap that you’ll get a list of automation lanes used in that track
By Elijah Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:26 am
Use the Erase function (press the Erase button or Main screen >Seqence >Pencil icon> Erase) and select Automation > Parameter.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:38 am
Elijah wrote:Use the Erase function (press the Erase button or Main screen >Seqence >Pencil icon> Erase) and select Automation > Parameter.

If your lucky.

I've got a template project that's full of stuck cc messages sends zero volume messages to hardware pans tracks.

Deleting all events doesn't work. They don't show it list edit.
But open the project in controller mode and it all disappears.

Have midi note events turn up that will not delete too. Even though they are removed from list edit. They remain on grid and play.
By kazakore Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:08 pm
Neither of your answers help, I know how to delete the automation, it's working out which track of the many it could have gone to I need to delete it from. I have suggested Akai add an All Tracks option to the Erase menu and then (as long as I have no automation of the same type on another channel) the Erase button could be of some use (would also fix my bugbear with using Track Mutes automation during live sets.) As Program automation can currently go on any track which has that Program loaded something, even if a delete automation lane option only, from the Program Mixer page could help save some headaches.

Plus, as I said, somehow automation existed for Programs which weren't even on a Track. As they have no assigned track and thus no automation lane/info to delete how am I meant to remove those?
By eLuSiVeMiTe Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:30 pm
kazakore wrote:Neither of your answers help, I know how to delete the automation, it's working out which track of the many it could have gone to I need to delete it from. I have suggested Akai add an All Tracks option to the Erase menu and then (as long as I have no automation of the same type on another channel) the Erase button could be of some use (would also fix my bugbear with using Track Mutes automation during live sets.) As Program automation can currently go on any track which has that Program loaded something, even if a delete automation lane option only, from the Program Mixer page could help save some headaches.

Plus, as I said, somehow automation existed for Programs which weren't even on a Track. As they have no assigned track and thus no automation lane/info to delete how am I meant to remove those?

As an aside. You can turn off recording/and reading of track mutes in preferences

Why not go to list edit. Filter automation then skip through tracks.

Automation has always been a pita to deal withnsince my ren days
By kazakore Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:02 pm
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:Why not go to list edit. Filter automation then skip through tracks.

Just learned this one and definitely a timersaver over other methods. Still a bit of scrolling but not too bad. I'll have to get into using the List Edit a bit more.... :)
By 40Beatz Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:33 pm
List Edit
By Lampdog Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:38 pm
I feel like LIST EDIT is overlooked or just plain ole unheard of.