MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kazakore Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:57 am
Is this seriously not possible? If you've been using expansion packs, or even built up your own collection of programs, chances are every single sample in your project is in a program and therefore Purge Unused Samples will do absolutely nothing! To actually be able to free up a useful amount of RAM what we need to be able to do is Purge Unassigned Programs (programs which have not been set to any Track in any Sequence.)

Failing the automatic purging is there even an easy way to see which programs are used and which aren't? Because I've been struggling to work out which I can delete from projects for a while!

Deleting all unused samples from within programs (never triggered on the timeline) could also come in useful later when really pushing the resources, especially with massive live set projects, but that would be less pressing to implement than the above....
By eLuSiVeMiTe Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:02 pm
kazakore wrote:Is this seriously not possible? If you've been using expansion packs, or even built up your own collection of programs, chances are every single sample in your project is in a program and therefore Purge Unused Samples will do absolutely nothing! To actually be able to free up a useful amount of RAM what we need to be able to do is Purge Unassigned Programs (programs which have not been set to any Track in any Sequence.)

Failing the automatic purging is there even an easy way to see which programs are used and which aren't? Because I've been struggling to work out which I can delete from projects for a while!

Deleting all unused samples from within programs (never triggered on the timeline) could also come in useful later when really pushing the resources, especially with massive live set projects, but that would be less pressing to implement than the above....

File management is definitely lacking.
Menu/project won't let you delete programs. It won't let you select multiple samples either.

Only way I've found is to add program to an empty track and then use the program. Pencil icon to delete it. Tedious can then purge samples.
By kazakore Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:14 pm
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:

Only way I've found is to add program to an empty track and then use the program. Pencil icon to delete it. Tedious can then purge samples.

But anyway to check if it's already in another track somewhere, even in a different sequence? Or you really have to work out what you can delete the hard way?
By eLuSiVeMiTe Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:54 pm
kazakore wrote:
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:

But anyway to check if it's already in another track somewhere, even in a different sequence? Or you really have to work out what you can delete the hard way?

Shift and main to bring up the channel view would be the easiest to see multiple tracks
By jamos Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:37 pm
Track view, paper, and pencil are your only friends here. There's no easy way to do it.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:11 pm
You really should try to keep sequences track layout identical. Will cause issues when using song mode to convert to full tracks. At least then you only need to check one seq to find what's unused.
By kazakore Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:58 am
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:You really should try to keep sequences track layout identical. Will cause issues when using song mode to convert to full tracks. At least then you only need to check one seq to find what's unused.

I use for live sets, not for song creation, so have different requirements and this doesn't apply to the way I work so much.