MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By enzyme Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:09 am
I'm really struggling with the slice automation feature, the thought of having sliced break sequences on a single pad is kind of appealing for some use cases so I've been trying to figure it out, but its either buggy or I'm completely misunderstanding.

I select 'Layer 1 Slice' as the target for drawing in automation, but it won't let me select slice 1, the vertical bar starts at ALL then goes to Slice 2. This is whilst having to attempt to draw in the automation for each slice (which is moving literally 1 pixel per slice, not really useable). I'm drawing it in by finger because if I select an event then use the dial to set a value, instead of altering the automation columns value, its dividing the note up into segments as if I'm automating the Ratchet parameter (and the resulting audio is indeed ratchets). Then on top of that, no matter what I do, the first slice is always playing twice as if I've got a ratchet on it.

This isn't a moaning post, its an observation that something doesn't appear to be working right. Yes, I can just enable automation and twiddle the knob, but that doesn't give any real kind of editing control and isn't really useable beyond 'proof of concept'.

Of course, as an MPC noob, its highly likely that I could be doing something wrong, which is why I haven't posted in the bug reports thread. Happy to be corrected if anyone knows a way to get this to work properly! :worthy: