MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MJ76 Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:29 pm
Hi all, just a quick question. I'm moving from a MPC One to a Live 2, and was hoping I could take the SD card from the One with all my sounds and expansions in hope that i wouldn't need to install the expansions on the Live 2, but am not sure if there is anything specific to the One on it, plus do expansions need to be 'installed' on the unit or is having the files in the correct structure sufficient. Thank you.
By Lampdog Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:22 am
go ahead and use the sd card in Live. When something doesn’t play correctly you’ll know that you need to install/fix whatever isn’t playing.
By jamos Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:38 am
As long as you don't have any copy protected expansions or synths on there, it should work perfectly. I say this as one who has never done it though.
By Lampdog Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:35 am
Expansions aren’t saved in a project.

If the same expansions are installed in both mpc’s then the sd card should be able to play the same project fine in both machines.
By MJ76 Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:39 pm
Thanks for the replies all, for the record my live 2 arrived today and all I did was insert the old sd card and all of my expansions appeared with artwork and working fine without the need to install them via the mpc software. This is what I was hoping for.
By Lampdog Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:06 pm
So, your “expansions” were the default mpc expansions that all mpc’s come preloaded with?