MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By danskmacabre Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:36 am
Hi all, just joined.
I've had a MPC ONE for a while now and noticing I can't get an Ethernet connection. I seem to remember I did at one stage. Pretty sure before a firmware upgrade anyway.

I've checked the cable is ok with other devices and it's ok.
I see the green and red light goes on on the MPC ONE and on the Switch, it lights up green to show there's a physical connection.
But nothing in the router logs for a connection and is just displays "Status: Disconnected"
Wondering this is a hardware fault with the MPC ONE.
Tried it direct to the router too and even tried a difeerent Router completely.

BEginning to feel like it's a Hardware fault on the MPC ONE with the Ethernet port perhaps. It looks clean and dust etc free.

If I could get the MAC address of the MPCONE , I could set up a static IP on the router, but not sure how to find that.

Is there a way to factory reset it?
By danskmacabre Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:24 am
I do have a USB to Ethernet Adaptor, but that didn't work either.
But really, its not acceptable for the ethernet port not to work.
I've raise an issue with the shop I bought it from, as it's still under warrantee. But probably won't hear from them for a few days.

I'm hoping this is just a configuration issue, rather than an Hardware issue. So maybe it can be resolved without having to return it.
By 24maybeats Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:23 am
I made a post about how to find your Mac-address on mpc a few months ago.
Just use the search-function in this forum. Type “MAC address”. If you need further help I can walk you through in the comments.
By 24maybeats Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:26 am
24maybeats wrote:I made a post about how to find your Mac-address on mpc a few months ago.
Just use the search-function in this forum. Type “MAC address”. If you need further help I can walk you through in the comments.

I bumped the post so you can find it
By MPC-Tutor Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:06 am
TBH the ethernet port on the MPC One is flakey for me, it takes several minutes to connect (on my MPC Live it's instantaneous), but this is not a widespread issue and it does eventually connect. It could be software or hardware glitch relating specifically to the ethernet config, but I never get any issues with WIFI or USB-ethernet adapters on my MPC Live (which has no ethernet port).

But if you've just purchased, definitely send it back.

You cannot factory reset; you can perform a preferences reset (MENU > PREFERENCES, hold down SHIFT I think). But this just resets your user preferences to factory, it doesn't put the software back. You can install the original firmware but I don't think this completely takes everything back, for example on my Live the wifi passwords are retained unless you manually remove them in the wifi screen. There's possibly also some low level hardware related stuff that is likely to be unaffected by firmware downgrades.
By danskmacabre Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:57 am
I took it back to the shop today.
They have to send it back to Akai to get Repaired and if they can't they'll give me a new one.
Unfortunately the whole process could take up to 4 weeks...
Oh well. At least there is a resolution in sight.
By danskmacabre Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:32 am
An update from my last post.
Spoke to the shop I bought it from. After much discussion and negotiating, they have taken back my MPCONE with the dodgy Eternet port and it's going to be repaired/replaced.

Meanwhile, they have given me the demo model that they upgraded to the latest firmware etc today and it works fine with Ethernet etc..
I can use this and keep this one and get a voucher discount card if I just keep this one for the hassle and that it's a demo model, but it's in perfect condition.
I have a week to decide if I keep this or hand it back and get a new/replaced one later.
Assuming all goes well with this one, which it is so far, I'll just keep this one and take the voucher.

So all had a happy ending.
By danskmacabre Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:21 am
Yeah, it's still under Warranty.
I'll have a play with the demo model over the weekend and if it's ok, I'll just settle for that and a voucher.
All worked out ok in the end.

Still had no reply from Akai support though. Who knows when THEY'LL reply.
Lucky the shop I got it from were cool and followed it up :)