MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:17 pm
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:
SirAdrianFish wrote:I've tryed both USB & DIN, but is does not make any difference.

I'm assuming you have activated the incoming sources in preferences/midi sync

And have you successfully sent midi from deluge to a synth/pc
By Elijah Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:17 pm
Connect the MPC and Deluge with a MIDI cable, and open the MPC's MIDI monitor screen.

Create a MIDI clip in the Deluge, enter the clip view, press an Audition pad, and if there is no response on the monitor, it is likely a problem with the Deluge.
By SirAdrianFish Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:24 pm
I guess what you mean is what I had writen on the Synthstrom Deluge Forum in Post 13 (https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussio ... rom-deluge):

"They are OK the MIDI Clockworks too. When MPC ist armed for recording and I start the Deluge, MPC starts recording.

When Deluge is in Clip-Mode and I press a single Track via AUDITN/SECTION, the level-meter shows a signal. This works too, when I press AUDITN/SECTION on more than one track.

There is no signal, when Deluge is in Song mode."

What I have been trying to do works in combination with the AKAI MPC One and
    novation launchpad pro mk3
    Squarp Instruments Hapax
and
    OXI Instruments One

So I cannot imagine, that it is a problem with the AKAI MPC One. Unfortunalty I don't know any one else owning the devicecombination AKAI MPC One and a Synthstrom Deluge
By eLuSiVeMiTe Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:29 pm
SirAdrianFish wrote:I guess what you mean is what I had writen on the Synthstrom Deluge Forum in Post 13 (https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussio ... rom-deluge):

"They are OK the MIDI Clockworks too. When MPC ist armed for recording and I start the Deluge, MPC starts recording.

When Deluge is in Clip-Mode and I press a single Track via AUDITN/SECTION, the level-meter shows a signal. This works too, when I press AUDITN/SECTION on more than one track.

There is no signal, when Deluge is in Song mode."

What I have been trying to do works in combination with the AKAI MPC One and
    novation launchpad pro mk3
    Squarp Instruments Hapax
and
    OXI Instruments One

So I cannot imagine, that it is a problem with the AKAI MPC One. Unfortunalty I don't know any one else owning the devicecombination AKAI MPC One and a Synthstrom Deluge

You mention levels. Are you expecting audio? Might just be the language barrier but it kinda reads that way?
By SirAdrianFish Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:05 pm
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:
SirAdrianFish wrote:Good point. But no. No audio signal expected.

Kk.

You never confirmed if you had successfully sequenced hardware synths from the deluge

Sorry. I must have mist that point. No, I haven't tryed that jet.
By Elijah Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:17 pm
SirAdrianFish wrote:The only incoming signal is the Clock sent by the deluge. When turned of, there is no incoming signal at all in song mode.

If MIDI notes are not being sent from the MIDI Clip on the Deluge, then there is most likely a problem with the Deluge.

Try sending MIDI notes from the Deluge to your PC/DAW instead of the MPC.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:37 pm
Sounds like the deluge isn't actually sending any midi out. I'd have a delve through the menu and use something like midi ox to check it's output or the mpc midi monitor. 2 square's one above the other one with i one with o on the main page.make sure to select incoming midi.
By jamos Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:15 pm
When troubleshooting a problem like this, you absolutely need to eliminate things that aren't the source of the problem. From everything you have said the problem lies 100% in the Deluge; it has nothing to do with the combination of MPC and Deluge. So - get yourself a MIDI monitor (either on your computer or use the MPC's) and stop worrying about everything else.
By SirAdrianFish Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:35 pm
It has been a long and stony walk, but eventually I could resolve the problem… :wink:

For testing, I did not create a new sequence track, but used an already excisting song with six sequenced tracks. Then I added MIDI channels 1 – 6 to each track. The problem is, the system did not/does not process retroactively added MIDI data.

Creating a new song with multiple tracks and assigning MIDI channels to each track in the process resolved the problem.

Thank you all for your help on the way. I have learnt a lot about both systems and MIDI.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:43 pm
SirAdrianFish wrote:It has been a long and stony walk, but eventually I could resolve the problem… :wink:

For testing, I did not create a new sequence track, but used an already excisting song with six sequenced tracks. Then I added MIDI channels 1 – 6 to each track. The problem is, the system did not/does not process retroactively added MIDI data.

Creating a new song with multiple tracks and assigning MIDI channels to each track in the process resolved the problem.

Thank you all for your help on the way. I have learnt a lot about both systems and MIDI.

Glad you got to the bottom of it at last. Can build projects up with midi in mind now.