MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By suimoto Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:56 pm
We’ve been using an MPC One for awhile now and love it. Using v2.11.4 fwiw.

We have a Roland JU-06 in our setup. Somewhere in the MPC there appears to be something triggering the Roland to jump to a specific (wrong) patch/bank every time we load a specific project.

We want to turn this off but if equal importance is finding out how to intentionally control patch/bank automation as we’d like the correct selection to load for that song and others.

We were in the CC panel but can’t see anything there. Please help! Thanks.
By Lampdog Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:04 pm
At some point in the past, someone hit record while that patch was current in main window, so now it’s there as if it was destined, lol.

Go to list edit, on that track, make sure you can view everything, you will see the program change at the beginning of list edit somewhere. Delete it.
By jamos Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:52 am
Program changes are weird in the MPC. You can set an initial program on the track section of the main page. These are sent both when the project is loaded, and when playback starts. The weird thing is, if you have them on multiple sequences, they will be sent multiple times when the project is loaded. In other words if you have 17 sequences each of which has program one set as its initial program, that program change will be sent 17 times when you load the project! Of course nobody has that Arrangement but I hope you see what I mean.

Then you can embed program changes within sequences. These will show in the list edit.
By DeaDeus Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:47 pm
Did you try to delete "Automation" only? You might have recorded SysEx information by accident. Try it on a copy first!
I have encountered a lot of jiggering as well.
My solution: Count In 4 is I do play back. My gear will try to sync to the master midi beat and it is all over the place. If you count in, the channel change messages are send beforehand.
(..just for the record, it was worse in the past. The MPCX did send the Program Change data every time the track restarted. But this is fixed for along time now.)
By suimoto Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:50 pm
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:On the main track page of a midi channel patch and bank changes are at the bottom right.
Pc msb and lsb.

Aha—that was it! Thank you (all)
By suimoto Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:34 am
DeaDeus wrote:Did you try to delete "Automation" only? You might have recorded SysEx information by accident. Try it on a copy first!
I have encountered a lot of jiggering as well.
My solution: Count In 4 is I do play back. My gear will try to sync to the master midi beat and it is all over the place. If you count in, the channel change messages are send beforehand.
(..just for the record, it was worse in the past. The MPCX did send the Program Change data every time the track restarted. But this is fixed for along time now.)

You are on to something here. We got the macro issue figured out but there’s definitely an automation problem still. The wrong patch comes up still but after the changes now when we hit play the right one pops up. So we get what we need but somewhere there’s still something stuck. :?