MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By PPlastic Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:20 am
Hey up, I've searched and scoured manuals and the forums but I can't see that you can either 'copy automation' or 'copy notes with their automation'. So I presume this isn't possible (yet)?

I know it does it when I duplicate a sequence.

I've been messing with the step sequencer a lot of add automation for the drum synth parameters and was trying to copy the notes I set these on, further along my sequence.
By enzyme Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:25 pm
Its in the Sequence menu (pen icon) at the top portion of the screen, I also struggled to find it, logic says it should be in the track menu but anyway, check it out.
By PPlastic Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:42 am
Aha, took me a while to work it out but I see what you mean:

So, steps for anyone else

1. From home page, open 'Sequence menu' (pencil icon on main screen next to the sequence section)
2. Choose 'copy events'
3. Select you track, time 'in out' points, destination etc

*Note this will copy everything, notes, automation etc* but you can merge or replace

It would be handy to be able to copy just automation in the future if anyone is listening ;) and it would be handy to have this accessible from the piano roll/ step sequencer so you can see where the events you are copying are :)