MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By PRAYTHEPO Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:11 am
More than a month(!!!) waiting for an answer from technical support about INTERNAL content installer, they finally answered and then immediately closed the ticket.

Thank you for your enquiry and apologies for the delays in getting back to you.

If you sign up for an inMusic account and then register your product, you will be presented with various downloads including the factory content when you click 'view downloads:

What a clown company. Imagine this sort of techincal suuport at their legendary time in the past. Imagine products being confusing 20 years ago. They would die as a companty. What a shame to fall so much down below the floor level after reaching status of trustworthy and solid company.
By Lampdog Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:18 pm
PRAYTHEPO wrote:More than a month(!!!) waiting for an answer from technical support about INTERNAL content installer, they finally answered and then immediately closed the ticket.

Is your machine registered?

Did you state that in the initial email, contact?
By jamos Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:27 pm
Seems like an accurate assessment, and is consistent with everything else I've read about their support. I reported one issue, never had a single reply.
By Monotremata Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:02 pm
jamos wrote:Seems like an accurate assessment, and is consistent with everything else I've read about their support. I reported one issue, never had a single reply.

LOL when 2,11 first came out, I asked about Pad Perform being on all the time. To this day, still have not even gotten a 'Oh yes we changed it, its always on now' response or a single update to my ticket..
By LivePsy Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:14 pm
When has Akai support in any time of its history been good? All machines had bugs which support knew about and were never going to fix.
By johnnytravels Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:43 am
PRAYTHEPO wrote:What a clown company. Imagine this sort of techincal suuport at their legendary time in the past. Imagine products being confusing 20 years ago. They would die as a companty. What a shame to fall so much down below the floor level after reaching status of trustworthy and solid company.

Technically, they did die some 20 years ago…
By kazakore Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:57 am
LivePsy wrote:When has Akai support in any time of its history been good? All machines had bugs which support knew about and were never going to fix.

Very true. At least the build quality has gone up since when Numark/InMusic first bought Akai Pro and brought out the MPC500-5000 range using components that were already on the edge of obsolescence and some of the shoddiest PCBs I've ever seen in my life.

To be fair, good customer service is a pretty rare thing and something which is a massive plus point towards a company, more so than bad customer service is a bad mark as it's basically the norm.
By kb420ps Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:53 pm
I submitted a ticket to Akai support one time. They didn't respond to me for four months, and then they closed the ticket without solving the problem.
By EnochLight Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:36 pm
Maybe try hitting them up via their various social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc) and see if you can get someone to respond to you. Third, just because you request something doesn't mean they have any obligation to provide it to you. The "internal content installer" has copyrighted content on it, and it's rare when they give access to that sort of thing. If you need it because you bought an MPC new and deleted stuff and want it back, you might need to arrange to have it actually sent to Akai for service - assuming it's within your warranty period.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:19 pm
It should be up to the customer to close the ticket, typically tell them no response from the customer within x number of days and it will be closed. THere's no avoiding the fact that taking a month to respond is unacceptable and they need to sort it out. 24-48 hours is IMO an acceptable wait time for a response. If they can't respond quickly as they are inundated, get more support staff and/or look at ways they can prevent customers needing so much support in the first place.

If the customer has provided proof of ownership then I don't see any issue providing them with the standalone content installer. Helping out a customer should be no 1 priority for customer support, especially something so easy to resolve. Ultimately Akai don't make it clear that the factory content should not be deleted, they don't provide any safety features to prevent this. 'Shift and delete file' is all it takes to delete an entire 6GB of content. I also wonder why they cannot provide the standalone content installer directly within your iMusic account, along with the computer installer. It seems to be a pretty common request and ultimately no big deal to provide it.

OP, download the computer version of the content, then I suggest you consider installing the SSH enabled firmware from Kikgen or similar, you can then copy over the content manually via SFTP.

https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXplore
By mrmarbury Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:08 pm
At least German support was mostly quick to respond but it's always been a joke nonetheless. Even their responses are inconsistent for the exact same issue.

Once I asked for a part no or even a paid shipped replacement part for the XLR combo jack of the X. There answer smtn like: "we don't have parts lists ask one of our technical partners" After searching the list myself because why should Akai respond with the link to the list I wrote one of them. Answer: "we don't have parts lists ask Akai" :fku: I spent half a day and figured out the part and manufacturer myself by comparing pcb charts.

Another time I asked for a de-registration of multiple MPCs and they deregistered one and said that the other two will disappear automatigically. Yeah right. Why tf do they delete one and leave the others :Sigh:

Yeah better never ask and on technical problems it's easier to just learn to solder or code and fix it yourself.
By danskmacabre Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:23 pm
I've still had no reply from the official Akai support from a couple weeks ago.
Provided all the details, Serial numbers and much more.
Not even an acknowledgement of receipt of the ticket.
Tried contacting them on their FB page too. Nothing.

Luckily the shop I bought the MPC ONE from have been awesome and they sorted me out.
By Avasopht Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:48 pm
danskmacabre wrote:I've still had no reply from the official Akai support from a couple weeks ago.
Provided all the details, Serial numbers and much more.
Not even an acknowledgement of receipt of the ticket.
Tried contacting them on their FB page too. Nothing.

Luckily the shop I bought the MPC ONE from have been awesome and they sorted me out.

This is bad.
By dopeNL Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:11 pm
Well I made a few videos of bugs I had in the past, and funny enough they did actually respond to them and used them as a reference for fixing them. (So I was told).

However website and other support from AKAI is non exsistant tbh>

Back in the day before they sold to the inMusic group they put more effort into pushing new equipment and software to sell over fixing things that you and I have bought (MPC).

They work more on RANE, DENON, and the new AKIA software vst junk (not saying RANE is Junk) But there VST push is a load of rubbish.
Personlly I feel they could leave the VST poop out and work on there exsisting MPC Client base, (however a pipe dream)>

InMusic are about IN_Money_In_there pocket Group nowadays.
And Old Numark owner is not interested at all, he Just wants to hold the vast majority of Music and DJ Hardware market.
And almost there with that, now bearing this in mind Or little MPC's are not his concern or priority to custmers is non-exsistant iMO