MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Romu79 Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:47 pm
Hi folks,

I'm a total newb on the mpc one, just using it for a few days and loving it.
I've got a usb microphone and I wanted to try to record some stuff to use on the mpc.

I did the following: I plugged in my usb mic on the back of the mpc at the usb port. then I went to preferences, changed the audio device from internal to the mic.

I made a new project with an empty track. Input is on 1,2. Output is on 1,2. I see that there is some input from the mic when I open the recording window, but I don't hear any output though on my headphones connected to the mpc.

But when I finished the recording I can see the wave forms of my mic recording. but I still don't hear a beep of it. Also not, when I switch the audio device back to internal.

Can anybody help me out with this issue?

Regards,
Romu
By MPC-Tutor Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:56 pm
When you connect a USB mic is takes over all audio within the MPC, so the MPC headphone outputs will no longer function. USB mics are not officially supported because of this limitation. You can get USB mics with their own headphone output, so you should be able to monitor the audio this way.

After switching back to internal audio, you should hear the recording via your MPC outputs (including the headphones). You said there is a waveform visible, so it should be working fine. I'm not sure why it's not audible. Try saving the project, switch off your unit and re-load that project, perhaps it's a bug caused by switching the audio device.
By Romu79 Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:56 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:When you connect a USB mic is takes over all audio within the MPC, so the MPC headphone outputs will no longer function. USB mics are not officially supported because of this limitation. You can get USB mics with their own headphone output, so you should be able to monitor the audio this way.

After switching back to internal audio, you should hear the recording via your MPC outputs (including the headphones). You said there is a waveform visible, so it should be working fine. I'm not sure why it's not audible. Try saving the project, switch off your unit and re-load that project, perhaps it's a bug caused by switching the audio device.

First of all: Thank you so much for the quick response. I tried do record a second track and this time it works. For some reason the 2nd recording overwrote the 1st one (track) although I recorded it on a 2nd track. So it looks just like you wrote, that it was just a bug. now I can start expermimenting with vocal samples.

thanks so much and see you soon ;-)