MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ultros Thu May 25, 2023 10:07 pm
Helping people is the path to success. I think you already know this tutor. To quote a great movie (kingdom of heaven) "Your quality will be known amongst your enemies before ever you meet them my friend." It doesn't matter who recognizes your goodness, only that it can be undisputed.
By hyena Fri May 26, 2023 12:28 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Hmmm, at the bottom of the MPC X SE product page there's a section called 'Explore The MPC Communities Worldwide'. It links to mpcgang, then cookin soul and producer grind???

sorry, but cookin soul is not an 'mpc community', it's one bloke who sometimes makes a video with an MPC in it somewhere, nothing against him, but how is that remotely relevant to a section linking through to MPC communities? And producer grind? Seriously, I can't even see a damn MPC on their site, and their samplepacks don't even have MPC versions included.

Akai seem to go out of their way to not publicly promote this forum. They seem happy to have us picking up the customer support slack of course.

TBH I get that this forum and myself personally are not exactly 'team Akai', but this is ridiculous that they would not link to this site when promoting 'mpc communities'. And yes, I also get that this is all about some other background dealings and actually nothing about providing useful links for their customers, but still, it's so frustrating. I've been trying to get them to link here for years, 20 years in fact, they just don't want to know.

Actually, not quite true, the 'old' Akai did put a prominent link to this site on their main support page, thanks Dave Whittle (the Dan Gill of those days), but of course once they went bankrupt and the inmusic took over, the link never made it to the new site

this is getting so fckd up man... really pushing me to sell my mpc live for peanuts to not be tempted to give em a $ more... this is ridiculous. this place has been a source of knowledge and exchange of ideas that no fb group would ever aspire to match. criticism, even when harsh, is important especially if it comes from people like us who actually LOVE the mpc, and many of us love the MPC concept since way way back...
By jpeg Sat May 27, 2023 4:54 am
hyena wrote:
this is getting so fckd up man... really pushing me to sell my mpc live for peanuts to not be tempted to give em a $ more... this is ridiculous. this place has been a source of knowledge and exchange of ideas that no fb group would ever aspire to match. criticism, even when harsh, is important especially if it comes from people like us who actually LOVE the mpc, and many of us love the MPC concept since way way back...

what has akai not supporting mpc forums got to do with selling ur mpc; how does that even correlate why do u need akai to cosign mpc forums to make u want to keep and use ur mpc?
By jaymack Sat May 27, 2023 12:30 pm
jpeg wrote:
hyena wrote:

what has akai not supporting mpc forums got to do with selling ur mpc; how does that even correlate why do u need akai to cosign mpc forums to make u want to keep and use ur mpc?

:lol:
By SuperKonquer Sat May 27, 2023 12:33 pm
hyena wrote:

Akai reps were all over the forums engaging with users, but because too many people wanted to act like assholes, they had to bow out. It's fine to criticise Akai but people were acting like Akai stole their pregnant girlfriend or something. Put this on those grown ass men and women who wanted to satisfy their need to act like a tantrum throwing 10 year old.
By B-Wise Sat May 27, 2023 12:39 pm
SuperKonquer wrote:
hyena wrote:

Akai reps were all over the forums engaging with users, but because too many people wanted to act like assholes, they had to bow out. It's fine to criticise Akai but people were acting like Akai stole their pregnant girlfriend or something. Put this on those grown ass men and women who wanted to satisfy their need to act like a tantrum throwing 10 year old.

Some of them may have actually been 10 year olds or under 18.
By MPC-Tutor Sat May 27, 2023 2:35 pm
SuperKonquer wrote:

Urban myth, it wasn’t like at all. One rep came at the time of the Renaissance release ‘to answer any questions’, popped in a few times, answered a few questions, some questions inevitably started venturing towards uncomfortable territory and he just disappeared.

Sure a couple of people acted like assholes, just like real life, but most were good. Can’t expect a third party forum to all be perfect choir boys, need a tough skin, roll up your sleeves and Stick around for the long term, be part of the community.
By SuperKonquer Sat May 27, 2023 3:42 pm
I was watching a lot of those discussions. When I say forums I mean in other venues also, but because of the rowdiness here, this was one of the first place they stopped popping in. It was nice because we got a lot of insight of what the development team was thinking and what was possible/probable in the future. I particularly remember one discussion here where a few users started really going in on the reps, angrily demanding that the Akai answer their grievances. That's when things really got silent. Here and there the reps said they have to scale back their interactions partially due to all the noise. I remember when John Mayer came on the forum and people were giving him flack and sent him packing. I don't understand why some people try so hard to be problematic. 90+ percent of the users are cool but some seem to be on a mission.
By MPC-Tutor Sat May 27, 2023 4:04 pm
Yes, always some bad apples on all sites, I try to keep people in-check as there's no need to be rude. Passionate is fine though :)

TBH I don't really expect to see official reps here or on any other social media group, I get why it's less than ideal for them, that lack of control etc. But I think they get what they need from social media without having to directly engage with people, they can just observe and take notes.
By zangetsu01 Sat May 27, 2023 9:14 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes, always some bad apples on all sites, I try to keep people in-check as there's no need to be rude. Passionate is fine though :)

TBH I don't really expect to see official reps here or on any other social media group, I get why it's less than ideal for them, that lack of control etc. But I think they get what they need from social media without having to directly engage with people, they can just observe and take notes.

Ohh but believe me they are here and on social media as well silently lurking..
By B-Wise Sat May 27, 2023 9:24 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Ohh but believe me they are here and on social media as well silently lurking..

That's how Tom AKA Nicethings who made a whole bunch of Force videos on YouTube got hired by Akai. He's also is a member on Gearspace. Cool dude 8) But he was also a beta tester so maybe that had something to do with it. Either way all companies like the big brother is always watching.
By MPC-Tutor Sat May 27, 2023 10:39 pm
B-Wise wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:Ohh but believe me they are here and on social media as well silently lurking..

That's how Tom AKA Nicethings who made a whole bunch of Force videos on YouTube got hired by Akai. He's also is a member on Gearspace. Cool dude 8) But he was also a beta tester so maybe that had something to do with it. Either way all companies like the big brother is always watching.

Yes, seems like a really cool guy, shame that he felt he had to stop making videos once taking the job, he never really went into much detail about the reasoning behind that.
By Sir Snaxalot Sat May 27, 2023 10:55 pm
pedro_oliveira1993 wrote:Makes you laugh. I wonder how NI is gonna deal with influencers on their next product tough. Akai poached some of NI ones away.

I don't think they'll have much of an issue. Influencers are only loyal to views and clout. A few that just got the X SE are already prepping to jump ship to the Push 3.
By B-Wise Sun May 28, 2023 12:11 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes, seems like a really cool guy, shame that he felt he had to stop making videos once taking the job, he never really went into much detail about the reasoning behind that.

Maybe its a company thing, but I spoken with afterwards & he Indicated they ain't forget about the Force...Whatever that means, but I'll take it :P