MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:45 am
J.O.BEATS wrote:Lol. It doesn’t even come with all the plugins.

$2500???

:Sigh:

Not sure, the italian retailer leak stated it had all the premium plugins. Seems odd that the flagship wouldn't at least have the same plugins as the next model down. From the description it seems the internal sound library is the same 'Vault' library as before.

I thought they would have updated the hardware buttons to cover some of the newer features, e.g. Sounds browser. I don't think there's a push down data wheel either. And no touchstrip.

Ultimately it's obviously a bit of an improvement to the original X model, but seems like a missed opportunity on some fronts. But at three times the price of a One, I know which one I'd go for, unless you really think you'll need those Qlinks.
By J.O.BEATS Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:00 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
J.O.BEATS wrote:Lol. It doesn’t even come with all the plugins.

$2500???

:Sigh:

Not sure, the italian retailer leak stated it had all the premium plugins. Seems odd that the flagship wouldn't at least have the same plugins as the next model down. From the description it seems the internal sound library is the same 'Vault' library as before.

I thought they would have updated the hardware buttons to cover some of the newer features, e.g. Sounds browser. The black dials need an MPC Stuff replacement kit pronto.

Yeah it can’t be right. It has to come with all the plugins…. Weird marketing since that should be one of the key taking points.

Agree with the new hardware buttons. Missed opportunity there. And the retro skin does not work like the live and one. I think they overplayed their hand a bit
By MPC-Tutor Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:03 am
So, who is the target customer for this? I think we can rule out live performers. due to lack of portability...Can bedroom producers afford or justify this (in terms of pricing and size)? Does it offer enough unique features compared to, say, a cheaper MPC paired with a USB audio interface? Do working producers actually use an MPC as the centrepiece of their studio these days? Will some people buy it just because it's the latest flagship MPC?

I'm not being obtuse here, I'm genuinely interested in this.