MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By hyena Sun May 28, 2023 9:47 am
jpeg wrote:
hyena wrote:
this is getting so fckd up man... really pushing me to sell my mpc live for peanuts to not be tempted to give em a $ more... this is ridiculous. this place has been a source of knowledge and exchange of ideas that no fb group would ever aspire to match. criticism, even when harsh, is important especially if it comes from people like us who actually LOVE the mpc, and many of us love the MPC concept since way way back...

what has akai not supporting mpc forums got to do with selling ur mpc; how does that even correlate why do u need akai to cosign mpc forums to make u want to keep and use ur mpc?

man, do you know what an hyperbole is? its a rhetoric figure... means that i don't like how the whole stuff is going on. c'mon, why you have to take it literally? you knew what i meant.
it's not just akai tho, its nearly all companies, its this whole influencer\content creator bs bubble that's starting to get on my nerves. i mean: how a fb group that bans people for no reason is supposed to be a better "mpc community" than this place???? please... if you like this clown show i don't really know what to say to you.
By pedro_oliveira1993 Sun May 28, 2023 11:06 am
Sir Snaxalot wrote:
pedro_oliveira1993 wrote:Makes you laugh. I wonder how NI is gonna deal with influencers on their next product tough. Akai poached some of NI ones away.

I don't think they'll have much of an issue. Influencers are only loyal to views and clout. A few that just got the X SE are already prepping to jump ship to the Push 3.

I don't have strong feelings towards them or what they do. I mostly don't care and I do enjoy watching guys playing with samplers and sharing their experiences. Get you bag homies. But it's starting to get a bit rotten.

Maybe I'm humanizing the brands (a treatment they do not deserve) but it's weird how some of them invested time and resources in some guys, helping them creating a platform and giving them experiences - (NI flying people to Germany comes to mind) - and suddenly it's "OH MPC's" with super sterile product placement videos.

But yeah, I guess it's not much of a problem. The brands use them, they use the brands. It's not mariage. The sheep behing the screen pay for the circus.

It just rubs me the wrong way. If I was an influencer I would be a lousy with one :WTF:
By mrmarbury Sun May 28, 2023 1:11 pm
Tbh this very forum is the most helpful forum ever. And I spend more time here than in any of the official forums. I personally value discourse with open exchange of opinions way more than an official forum where negative critics just gets deleted and feature requests come to die. I don’t even mind no rep officially being present (pretty sure they are reading most of this anyway) because how is it usually? You have some official forum with feature wishlists and whatnot. They are usually full of feature wishes but also messages of people complaining that rudimentary features are still not being implemented for years. What’s the difference? So you can now dump your feature wishes into an official forum … and then it rots there. I don’t see any advantage other than making us feel good because of potential. But potential is worth nothing. Having official forums with moderators and such or free workshops with expenses payed for influencers will only make the products more expensive in the end. What inMusic could do is at least disclose the officials who hide here so we know who might be able to carry our word back to inMusic.
Last edited by mrmarbury on Sun May 28, 2023 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sir Snaxalot Sun May 28, 2023 1:12 pm
pedro_oliveira1993 wrote:

But yeah, I guess it's not much of a problem. The brands use them, they use the brands. It's not mariage. The sheep behing the screen pay for the circus.

It just rubs me the wrong way. If I was an influencer I would be a lousy with one :WTF:

Nah, I get where you're coming from. Ain't nothing wrong with wanting to see more authentic experiences. I too share the same sentiment.
By NearTao Sun May 28, 2023 8:59 pm
pedro_oliveira1993 wrote:It just rubs me the wrong way. If I was an influencer I would be a lousy with one :WTF:

For me... it's the whale watching "let's all run to this side of the boat" for product releases that I find the most annoying. The part that feels rotten, is that part that's always felt rotten. Brands want people that will hype up viewership and get eyeballs on their product. The kinds of influencers I tend to avoid are the ones that "everything is sooo cool" the day of launch, and then they never talk about it again. It just doesn't feel like an honest relationship, or that they've really invested the time into using the gear.

So a lot of the "so nice" for the X SE just seems lame. Plenty of these influencers already *had* an MPC of some sort. They ought to know that of the factors for the X SE, the 4GB of extra RAM, the bundled synths/fx (plus extra storage), and a new coat of paint... don't make it much of an upgrade, and especially not a necessary upgrade for the vast majority of existing users out there. Which leaves a lot of these vids squarely in the camp of attracting new users... but that feels like a narrow slice of people who watch the influencer videos, don't know the influencer's existing thoughts on the MPC in general, and are in the market for an MPC X SE must be small.

I suppose good on folks for trying. Hate the hustler, not the game... and all that. But at the end of the day all this does leave open questions (or plainly obvious) whose opinions you may or may not care for. What's the old saying "to find a good mechanic, let some air out of your tires on one side and bring it to a shop. if the only charge is to fill up the tires, stick with that mechanic"... Some of the influencers are just trying to sell us the stuff we don't need. As I said though, nothing new here.