MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mrmarbury Wed May 24, 2023 7:45 pm
Lampdog wrote:Coca Cola < Pepsi

I second that … as do Coca Cola employees :-D
By Ultros Thu May 25, 2023 3:50 am
Pretty soon we will sprout corn seeds.. doritos, corn soda, corn cereal, corn candy, pop corn. mpc x se corn. where does it end? sometimes the cynic in me starts to wonder if there really is a corn-spiracy.
By mrmarbury Thu May 25, 2023 7:52 am
Ultros wrote:mpc x se corn. where does it end? sometimes the cynic in me starts to wonder if there really is a corn-spiracy.

You mean there will be an X Corn Edition as well? Maybe in corn yellow? Me gusta
By Menco Thu May 25, 2023 9:25 am
We used to do the Cornball of the Year award here on the forums...Now it all makes sense!!! Even this forum is part of the corn-spiracy!!! :idea: :shock:
By MPC-Tutor Thu May 25, 2023 1:45 pm
Hmmm, at the bottom of the MPC X SE product page there's a section called 'Explore The MPC Communities Worldwide'. It links to mpcgang, then cookin soul and producer grind???

sorry, but cookin soul is not an 'mpc community', it's one bloke who sometimes makes a video with an MPC in it somewhere, nothing against him, but how is that remotely relevant to a section linking through to MPC communities? And producer grind? Seriously, I can't even see a damn MPC on their site, and their samplepacks don't even have MPC versions included.

Akai seem to go out of their way to not publicly promote this forum. They seem happy to have us picking up the customer support slack of course.

TBH I get that this forum and myself personally are not exactly 'team Akai', but this is ridiculous that they would not link to this site when promoting 'mpc communities'. And yes, I also get that this is all about some other background dealings and actually nothing about providing useful links for their customers, but still, it's so frustrating. I've been trying to get them to link here for years, 20 years in fact, they just don't want to know.

Actually, not quite true, the 'old' Akai did put a prominent link to this site on their main support page, thanks Dave Whittle (the Dan Gill of those days), but of course once they went bankrupt and the inmusic took over, the link never made it to the new site
By pedro_oliveira1993 Thu May 25, 2023 3:44 pm
Does anyone still even have facebook to be on MPC Gang?

But it's clearly an option. They're not interested in having a forum of their own, a discord, etc. Let someone else deal with that.

A closed facebook group, a youtube channel of a guy and a website that has the most youtube "i'm 12 and I just wrote this e-book teaching you how I made millions selling beats on beatstars" producer cliché look.

Makes you laugh. I wonder how NI is gonna deal with influencers on their next product tough. Akai poached some of NI ones away.
By Korzo Thu May 25, 2023 4:38 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Hmmm, at the bottom of the MPC X SE product page there's a section called 'Explore The MPC Communities Worldwide'. It links to mpcgang, then cookin soul and producer grind???

sorry, but cookin soul is not an 'mpc community', it's one bloke who sometimes makes a video with an MPC in it somewhere, nothing against him, but how is that remotely relevant to a section linking through to MPC communities? And producer grind? Seriously, I can't even see a damn MPC on their site, and their samplepacks don't even have MPC versions included.

Akai seem to go out of their way to not publicly promote this forum. They seem happy to have us picking up the customer support slack of course.

TBH I get that this forum and myself personally are not exactly 'team Akai', but this is ridiculous that they would not link to this site when promoting 'mpc communities'. And yes, I also get that this is all about some other background dealings and actually nothing about providing useful links for their customers, but still, it's so frustrating. I've been trying to get them to link here for years, 20 years in fact, they just don't want to know.

Actually, not quite true, the 'old' Akai did put a prominent link to this site on their main support page, thanks Dave Whittle (the Dan Gill of those days), but of course once they went bankrupt and the inmusic took over, the link never made it to the new site

In one hand Cookin' soul has been using MPCs for a long long time, I would say more than other products. He has been showing the new MPC lives when they were released (maybe because Akai paid him or send them to him for free) and some of his merch is related to MPCs.
A lot of people start making beats because of him, so thanks to him Akai sells more products.
On the other hand, this forum is full of comments complaining about bugs, new releases and other functionalities. There are also grumpy people who come here and create a no so friendly environment. From my point of view this place help people with a MPC not people without one.
By B-Wise Thu May 25, 2023 4:39 pm
pedro_oliveira1993 wrote:Does anyone still even have facebook to be on MPC Gang?

But it's clearly an option. They're not interested in having a forum of their own, a discord, etc. Let someone else deal with that.

A closed facebook group, a youtube channel of a guy and a website that has the most youtube "i'm 12 and I just wrote this e-book teaching you how I made millions selling beats on beatstars" producer cliché look.

When u put it that way it reminded me of Andrew Tate. Real man want that Alpha sound! :lol:

But noticed how once you call something a gang a sheep-like mentality always follows :nod:
Their self-isolation on their FB is better for everybody. Win-Win! :mrgreen:
By Menco Thu May 25, 2023 5:37 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Hmmm, at the bottom of the MPC X SE product page there's a section called 'Explore The MPC Communities Worldwide'. It links to mpcgang, then cookin soul and producer grind???

That product page is like the ‘Lonely Planet’, this place here is where the locals eat.

Although some recognition from Akai would be in place. If it wasn’t for the forums JJOS might would not have happened including the pad upgrade kits for the MPC1000 and the MPC line had died off in 2007.
By MPC-Tutor Thu May 25, 2023 5:54 pm
Korzo wrote:In one hand Cookin' soul has been using MPCs for a long long time, I would say more than other products. He has been showing the new MPC lives when they were released (maybe because Akai paid him or send them to him for free) and some of his merch is related to MPCs.

Yes, but the point is that it's got nothing to do with the purpose of that section; 'Worldwide MPC Communities', it's a chap who uses MPCs who has a decent youtube following. If it was a link to 'MPC Influencers & Friends Worldwide' then that would make more sense.

If they want to link to 'MPC communities' then link to actual MPC Communities, but they'll have to accept that there's going to be a mix of opinions about their products and about them as a company, some good, some bad. Link to us, link to the MPC Reddit group, MPC Gang, the other Facebook group with twice the members ('Akai MPC').