MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Tue May 09, 2023 7:21 pm
B-Wise wrote:
40Beatz wrote:Absolutely Correct!
Oh btw...I'm an Old Head 49yr :lol:

Will you change your username after your next birthday to 50Beatz? :o

Im thinkin bout it :lol:
By B-Wise Tue May 09, 2023 7:40 pm
BeatWilson wrote:iI dont like trying to add much lofi in the new mpcs. I would usually use something else to resample through. I just dont like those effects in the new mpcs as much. Something just doesnt sit right which makes me gravitate towards another sampler. I do like sequencing on it though.

I like them. I was able to reproduce the sound of Boss SP-505 lofi sample rate sound with just using the Akai drum FXs - which are highly underrated. :worthy:
By Koekepan Tue May 09, 2023 7:59 pm
All I'm saying is that if those kids, 40Beatz and TT_Lab don't keep their basketball out of my yard, I'm coming down there to whup them with my cane.

Now where the hell'd I leave my reading glasses?
By TT_Lab Tue May 09, 2023 9:21 pm
Koekepan wrote:All I'm saying is that if those kids, 40Beatz and TT_Lab don't keep their basketball out of my yard, I'm coming down there to whup them with my cane.

Now where the hell'd I leave my reading glasses?

I can lend you mine if you like to. :lol:
By Gabriel Wed May 10, 2023 1:11 pm
Hi,
Comparing the MPC X with the special edition, I noticed the hardware is the same although RAM has increased.
MPC Stuff sell CPU boards for the MPC series, including the MPC X.
I was wondering if the main CPU board for the special edition can be retrofitted to the MPC X.
Thanks
By Certified Beatz Wed May 10, 2023 1:27 pm
Gabriel wrote:Hi,
Comparing the MPC X with the special edition, I noticed the hardware is the same although RAM has increased.
I was wondering if the main CPU board for the special edition can be retrofitted to the MPC X.
Thanks

I was wondering the same and hopefully soon they will have the X SE baord available. I believe the price was steep tho $438.00

https://www.mpcstuff.com/main-pcb-w/-us ... 79-075225/
By Telefunky Wed May 10, 2023 1:55 pm
I have a PCIe card SSD that could be „retrofitted“ to a bigger model, all empty solder pads ready.
Out of curiosity I looked up prices for the required amount of memory chips... and quickly forgot about the project. :hmmm: :Sigh:
(prices are stellar if you buy in non-10k and up quantities)

On an existing board you‘d have to remove the chips and replace them by bigger versions (if they use the same board layout) and do hot air soldering on an already populated board. Good luck with that... :mrgreen:
By mrmarbury Wed May 10, 2023 2:50 pm
Gabriel wrote:Hi,
Thanks

Maybe somebody with an SE can open it up and make some detailed photos of the board so we can compare it to the X board ... top and underside please :smoker:
By jpeg Wed May 10, 2023 4:11 pm
mrmarbury wrote:Maybe somebody with an SE can open it up and make some detailed photos of the board so we can compare it to the X board ... top and underside please :smoker:

its probablt exactly the same with an extra ram chip or a 4GB chip instead of 2GB.

not sure what ur expecting to see; its clearly the same unit in almost every regard
By HanHuman Wed May 10, 2023 5:18 pm
$438.00 for 2Gb extra RAM :?
By jpeg Wed May 10, 2023 5:56 pm
HanHuman wrote:$438.00 for 2Gb extra RAM :?

nah it breaks down to:

50GB SSD is worth bout $30 tops
4GB DDR RAM is bout $15 tops
Retro Skin style flip bout $100

Then the software bundle is worth approx $300 based on the above deductions
By Gabriel Wed May 10, 2023 9:47 pm
Telefunky wrote:I have a PCIe card SSD that could be „retrofitted“ to a bigger model, all empty solder pads ready.
Out of curiosity I looked up prices for the required amount of memory chips... and quickly forgot about the project. :hmmm: :Sigh:
(prices are stellar if you buy in non-10k and up quantities)

On an existing board you‘d have to remove the chips and replace them by bigger versions (if they use the same board layout) and do hot air soldering on an already populated board. Good luck with that... :mrgreen:

You replace the entire CPU board, which includes the RAM.
Check out MPC Stuff. They already sell a cpu board with all the attached components.
No need to solder.
Time will tell if this is possible.
Everything else about the two editions are the same, including the hardware, operating system.
This is a link to the pcb board..

https://www.mpcstuff.com/main-pcb-w/-us ... 79-075225/
Last edited by Gabriel on Wed May 10, 2023 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 40Beatz Wed May 10, 2023 9:47 pm
He means Startup Screen
By Gabriel Thu May 11, 2023 12:55 am
HanHuman wrote:$438.00 for 2Gb extra RAM :?

It’s not only RAM that costs $438.
It includes the PCB, CPU and other components.
Twice the RAM means faster updates, more plug ins running at the same time.
I would consider it if I knew that it worked.
Not certain if the operating system requires any updates.
Hopefully, MPC STUFF will stock the PCB CPU board for the special edition.