MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mrmarbury Thu May 11, 2023 7:18 am
jpeg wrote:
mrmarbury wrote:Maybe somebody with an SE can open it up and make some detailed photos of the board so we can compare it to the X board ... top and underside please :smoker:

its probablt exactly the same with an extra ram chip or a 4GB chip instead of 2GB.

not sure what ur expecting to see; its clearly the same unit in almost every regard

Even though unlikely if it's the same board with just more ram there might be differences in connectors which is fixable for sure. But I'd still be interested in internal photos. And if it's just the electrical engineering part in me that gets satisfied.
By Gabriel Thu May 11, 2023 8:14 am
Telefunky wrote:I have a PCIe card SSD that could be „retrofitted“ to a bigger model, all empty solder pads ready.
Out of curiosity I looked up prices for the required amount of memory chips... and quickly forgot about the project. :hmmm: :Sigh:
(prices are stellar if you buy in non-10k and up quantities)

On an existing board you‘d have to remove the chips and replace them by bigger versions (if they use the same board layout) and do hot air soldering on an already populated board. Good luck with that... :mrgreen:

WTF? Lol
By HanHuman Thu May 11, 2023 6:33 pm
Gabriel wrote:
HanHuman wrote:$438.00 for 2Gb extra RAM :?

It’s not only RAM that costs $438.
It includes the PCB, CPU and other components.
Twice the RAM means faster updates, more plug ins running at the same time.
I would consider it if I knew that it worked.
Not certain if the operating system requires any updates.
Hopefully, MPC STUFF will stock the PCB CPU board for the special edition.
Yea but in the end it's paying that amount only to have 2Gb extra RAM.
By Avasopht Fri May 12, 2023 2:59 pm
It's crazy how some people will go get a PhD in DSP to explain why their beats sound flat, ...

If the converters are transparent, you can add in the character after by feeding it through an old MPC, an emulation, or just making your own processing chain to get your own sound that might even sound better.

I fed my MPC Live through my SSL audio interface with the 4K saturation activated and it added a lot to the sonics.

As for the MPC X, ... while it might have been nice to have a beefier CPU, I'm not sure if there's any real need unless we had more demanding synths and effects.

Truth is, for what it's worth, at that price point it's still probably the strongest offering out there. It's why I got an MPC Live instead of a MODX in the first place.
By Ultros Fri May 12, 2023 3:46 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:I personally like drinking TAB :o

Damn it you know we are on a budget! We cant afford that, put it back!
By zangetsu01 Mon May 22, 2023 12:03 am
zangetsu01 wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Interesting to hear the talk about people with roots helping in the MPC community, I am banned from his Facebook group MPC Gang, no idea why, I even chased it up to ask him direct, via Facebook messenger, never even got a response. Never had any direct interaction with the guy, ever, not now, not in the past, so no idea what the issue is.

Who knows, he might have had a ghost account on this forum and had beef with you. You might have even banned him..??

A few days after I’ve made this comment, I got banned as well. lol.. :lol:

No warning no nothing.. Just like Tutor I’ve send him a pm via messenger to see what’s up. He left me on read, but never responded..

Maybe it’s because I’m the Hakai group owner with 3800 members? (While it shouldn’t be a threat cause he’s got 25000).

I only ban people that keep breaking the rules.

Now I just feel bad about the contribution I’ve made to his group. Well, being banned won’t hurt my music :popcorn:

So it’s okay…
By zangetsu01 Mon May 22, 2023 6:04 am
Lampdog wrote:Image

Yeah, that’s okay. I’ve gave up being secretive about my identity when I started posting my media here (SoundCloud and YouTube).

Not sure if I was the man himself or one of his moderators.
But still it’s childish behavior from a group admin.
By Lampdog Mon May 22, 2023 4:52 pm
Coca Cola < Pepsi