MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kja Sat May 13, 2023 11:13 am
I'm not sure how you could add an threshold envelope that can send a delay backwards over time back to a sample. I've never heard of any delay in the mpc doing that either.
By hyena Sun May 14, 2023 8:40 am
Straker wrote:Rudimentary?
Don't you realize that this delay Pro is exactly a chain of fx?
You have modulations, envelopes, smear, saturations and so on.
Exactly what you have on the other free Air fx.
I've been making Delay Pro since years on Mpc, nothing rudimentary.
I guess Air just made that: they chained their fx on a single delay pro.
Which is fine, you save space on slots and it's faster.
But the result is the same.

hmmm no. the difference is that some of the chained effects you are talking about are INSIDE the feedback loop of the delay, and you cannot do that. a filter inside the feedback loop will turn your repeats darker and darker after each repeat, while if you put a filter after a normal delay, it will just filter the entire output as is. it might seem like a little difference, but it's huge in sound and key to make it sound closer to a classic tape echo\bbd delay. also: air delay (not pro) only behaves like air delay pro in digital mode, pitch is not altered when you change delay time. in delay pro you can choose. of course we have akai analog delay that does that, but then it's very basic. i really like the resonance in the delay that both air delay and air delay pro have.

Elijah wrote:
Straker wrote:Nice one.
But nothing you cannot already obtain chaining the free Air fx on a send on standalone.

The 'Auto Clear' function cannot be replicated in the free FX chain. It is very useful.

well, it cannot be replicated but you can use mother ducker to get very similar results.

all in all i must add i'm a bit disappointed at this air delay pro, i impulse bought it, it is surely nice, but i would have preferred a full version of the tape delay that's inside opx4, i like it more than air delay pro. the tape speed independent from delay time is crazy good, the wow and flutter is very accurate. here we only have this wobble\chorus modulation... nice but not really the same thing. i'd immediately trade the current air delay pro for opx4 tape delay if asked.
By Juxx Sun May 14, 2023 7:36 pm
N E Body having problems getting Delay pro to run?

I have a Live2 and a "New" to Me X-OG Black.

I just dropped 2 bills and got Air Delay Pro, Mini D, and Flavor Pro. All of them showed up fine on my INMUSIC Profile.

I tried to register all over Wi-Fi on both machines. No Problem Registering Flavor Pro + Mini D but the Delay pro didn't show up on my installed list.

So I put in my Delay pro key code manually and it said its already registered to me. But its still not in my plugin list.

Next I Tried to download all the files via WIFI after registering and I get connecting issues on both the live2 and X.

So I install MPC 2 on PC, update it and Install all my plugins on there.. everything works perfect on pc including Delay Pro.

Then Drag a copy of my PC Synth folder into my MPC's Standalone Drives.

Everything works in standalone now except for Delay Pro.

Its still not in my installed plugins list... but when I go to put effects in a slot... Delay pro is there but When I edit it says its not registered and gives me a link to buy it again.

what the Deal yo? I have updated to 2.11.9 on the PC, L2, and X

Any Ideas? :hmmm:
By 83dude Sun May 14, 2023 9:06 pm
Did you try scrolling down?
By B-Wise Sun May 14, 2023 9:31 pm
Juxx wrote:N E Body having problems getting Delay pro to run?

I just dropped 2 bills and got Air Delay Pro, Mini D, and Flavor Pro. All of them showed up fine on my INMUSIC Profile.

I tried to register all over Wi-Fi on both machines. No Problem Registering Flavor Pro + Mini D but the Delay pro didn't show up on my installed list.

So I put in my Delay pro key code manually and it said its already registered to me. But its still not in my plugin list.

Next I Tried to download all the files via WIFI after registering and I get connecting issues on both the live2 and X.

So I install MPC 2 on PC, update it and Install all my plugins on there.. everything works perfect on pc including Delay Pro.

Then Drag a copy of my PC Synth folder into my MPC's Standalone Drives.

Everything works in standalone now except for Delay Pro.

Its still not in my installed plugins list... but when I go to put effects in a slot... Delay pro is there but When I edit it says its not registered and gives me a link to buy it again.

what the Deal yo? I have updated to 2.11.9 on the PC, L2, and X

Well it is a delay so you may have to wait awhile :lol:

Chat with Akai.
By sparky Mon May 15, 2023 11:52 am
Juxx wrote:N E Body having problems getting Delay pro to run?

Exactly the same problem. Tech support is ‘looking into it’
By johnnytravels Mon May 15, 2023 1:12 pm
The day reports like these cease is the day I will start buying software from InMusic. So probably a long wait ahead… I really don’t get how these licensing schemes can still be so retarded in 2023. we‘ve had app stores on our phones for over a decade now
By Rank31 Wed May 17, 2023 11:20 am
Yesterday night I bought to get the discount, installed and tested this Air Delay Pro plugin.

I must say that it was a better surprise than I thought and I explored new sonic territories with my MPC One. Very good. In fact I didn't know I need it :lol:
Initial delays supplied for free are not bad but this pro version is much better and creative. I have no doubt that some talented MPC users are able to reproduce its FX by chaining existing ones but I have not this competency (yet).

Honestly I hope that Air will release a Reverb Pro because clearly in terms of reverbs the existing ones are not good at all if I compare to the Typhon of Minifreak ones I know.

I didn't know that I need Air Delay Pro but clearly I know that I need Air Reverb Pro before its release. Maybe a simplest one with only damp, release time and mix but at least a better one (and cheaper than Flavor and Delay pro).
By sparky Wed May 17, 2023 4:44 pm
For those having activation problems: I updated to the latest OS version last night, that solved the issue for me
By Rablow Wed May 17, 2023 5:22 pm
brutzero wrote:If this thing was in eurorack, it would be $399, lol.

Lol! you aren't kidding!
By Neurone Wed May 17, 2023 7:38 pm
Went to the site with my normal browser, £39.99 or $50.
One VPN and a random zip code later, $39.99 or £32.
:fku: Akai and your ripoff UK prices.
By Lampdog Wed May 17, 2023 9:20 pm
kaydigi wrote:For some reason I thought this was vst only, did Akai not do their usual MPC marketing for this ? I’ll buy this tonight after dinner,

Your gonna like it!!
By robleighton22 Wed May 17, 2023 10:32 pm
The default patch is sick tbf. I will use it a lot. As well as reverb, hope to see an EQ and Compressor of this standard