MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By johnnytravels Tue May 09, 2023 3:23 pm
Great, a delay.
What I genuinely hate about these new for sale fx is that it makes Akai not adapt their own plugins. On the Air fx, the qlinks switch according to context by vertical row, but they don’t do that in Akai plugins and system wide, e.g. in the sequencer. I think that’s just a poor user experience. (or maybe, “just get an X SE amirite lol”)
Now that Air release all their add on plugins, this will probably never change.
The thing is, my background is creating delay fx with 16 levels so I am definitely not in the market for a more sophisticated delay plugin. But I would like to use what I already have in a way that provides an up to date user experience. And it’s not even that this is a new concept to Akai, they just like to shovel shit onto the units instead of refining what they have…
By brutzero Tue May 09, 2023 3:40 pm
For $40, I'm pretty excited about this.

Akai keeps adding higher quality instruments and effects. Sure, there is room for improvement in the OS, but I like being given the options for better tools in standalone.

If this thing was in eurorack, it would be $399, lol. Fortunately for my wallet, I'm mostly done with modular purchases at this point.
By zangetsu01 Tue May 09, 2023 3:56 pm
Is it also for standalone?

Edit: I just read that it is.
By SirAdrianFish Tue May 09, 2023 4:11 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Is it also for standalone?

Edit: I just read that it is.

According to their website, yes!
By Jtpack Tue May 09, 2023 4:31 pm
Just bought it. Can’t wait to try it on my Live II after work tonight. I’m working on a song right now that I think it will be great for.
By MPC_Maschinist Tue May 09, 2023 5:19 pm
Jtpack wrote:Just bought it. Can’t wait to try it on my Live II after work tonight. I’m working on a song right now that I think it will be great for.

Nice! Waiting for your feedback. :popcorn:
By B-Wise Tue May 09, 2023 5:29 pm
Damn we were just talking about Akai releasing new higher quality FXs like a reverb just last week & boom they drop this, so hopefully, a new reverb will come soon. Thanks Akai!!!
By kja Tue May 09, 2023 6:56 pm
Isn't there a coupon or something? Lol
By mrmarbury Tue May 09, 2023 7:10 pm
Nice, an envelope follower. Now all they have to do is add one like they did for the Force that can be routed everywhere. Yeah I am a sucker for standalone functionality. Bought for sure … what can you do.
By B-Wise Tue May 09, 2023 7:44 pm
mrmarbury wrote:Nice, an envelope follower. Now all they have to do is add one like they did for the Force that can be routed everywhere. Yeah I am a sucker for standalone functionality. Bought for sure … what can you do.

Just to be clear, the Force has16 envelope followers & they can used as LFOs. I hope the MPC gets it too.
By Ultros Tue May 09, 2023 10:37 pm
I have been playing with this plugin since christmas, it's become my favorite delay plugin. I was beginning to worry they weren't going to release it. It's one of their better delay's. There should be a multi-tap delay coming as well if its not already out.