MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Straker Thu May 11, 2023 3:12 pm
Nice one.
But nothing you cannot already obtain chaining the free Air fx on a send on standalone.
By EnochLight Thu May 11, 2023 3:26 pm
Straker wrote:Nice one.
But nothing you cannot already obtain chaining the free Air fx on a send on standalone.

If you want to waste most of your (already limited) effects slots, then sure - you can chain together a rudimentary approximation of Air Delay Pro.
By EnochLight Thu May 11, 2023 3:31 pm
MGoolas wrote:Someone says on Facebook that the Ether plugin also appeared for him on his akai Force.

Can someone confirm something like this ?

I can confirm that people say all sorts of stuff on Facebook that has no basis in reality. :lol: All kidding aside, I do hope we see Ether appear in standalone for MPC/Force. It will be an insta-buy from me if that happens.
By Delphinus Thu May 11, 2023 3:42 pm
Lampdog wrote:We need a reverb with as much attention to detail as air delay pro.

yes please
By Straker Fri May 12, 2023 4:06 pm
EnochLight wrote:

If you want to waste most of your (already limited) effects slots, then sure - you can chain together a rudimentary approximation of Air Delay Pro.

Rudimentary?
Don't you realize that this delay Pro is exactly a chain of fx?
You have modulations, envelopes, smear, saturations and so on.
Exactly what you have on the other free Air fx.
I've been making Delay Pro since years on Mpc, nothing rudimentary.
I guess Air just made that: they chained their fx on a single delay pro.
Which is fine, you save space on slots and it's faster.
But the result is the same.
By SuperKonquer Fri May 12, 2023 5:10 pm
The results couldn't possibly be the same unless you knew in what exact order and what exact plugins to use to replicate an approximation of Delay Pro. 99.999999999999 percent of users would never bother trying to hodge podge all these things together to create a Delay Pro which is why Delay Pro has its place. A bunch of fx combined in one slot becomes infinitely more useful than a rubix cube of fx that barely anyone would lift 2 fingers to figure out.

I have often found myself using a fx and thinking I needed more from it so I stacked more fx on top. I hate doing that, I hate trying to figure what I should use next, I hate trying to fix a setting in a previous fx to compensate for a deficiency in a sequential fx. Stacking plugins can easily become sonically destructive. For those who desire, it is nice to have options to stack but most of us don't want to bother . A plugin that combines FX in a way that makes sense and makes it more fool proof vs sonic dysfunction has much greater utility and enjoyability.
By jamos Fri May 12, 2023 5:55 pm
I would be really interested in this, if they have solved the problem with random deactivations. Did not see that mentioned in the 2.11.9 release notes. Any data on that?
By Straker Fri May 12, 2023 6:14 pm
SuperKonquer wrote:The results couldn't possibly be the same unless you knew in what exact order and what exact plugins to use to replicate an approximation of Delay Pro. 99.999999999999 percent of users would never bother trying to hodge podge all these things together to create a Delay Pro which is why Delay Pro has its place. A bunch of fx combined in one slot becomes infinitely more useful than a rubix cube of fx that barely anyone would lift 2 fingers to figure out.

I have often found myself using a fx and thinking I needed more from it so I stacked more fx on top. I hate doing that, I hate trying to figure what I should use next, I hate trying to fix a setting in a previous fx to compensate for a deficiency in a sequential fx. Stacking plugins can easily become sonically destructive. For those who desire, it is nice to have options to stack but most of us don't want to bother . A plugin that combines FX in a way that makes sense and makes it more fool proof vs sonic dysfunction has much greater utility and enjoyability.

Yes I get it.
Personally I prefer to stack fx, you have more possibilities, I always put something before or after a delay, that's where the fun begins.
But I understand some people prefer to use ready made chains of fx, optimised and fast to use.
But I may not say that stacking fx gives "rudimentary" results. I think it's the opposite.
So yeah, that Delay Pro is a nice new effect but it doesn't add anything to Mpc fx.
As for Reverb, some people are asking for a deeper and better one. I would also love it. But usually good reverbs are very cpu hungry, that's why we have just a standard one, I guess.
By EnochLight Fri May 12, 2023 6:50 pm
Straker wrote:Rudimentary?

Yes. Rudimentary.

Straker wrote:Don't you realize that this delay Pro is exactly a chain of fx?
You have modulations, envelopes, smear, saturations and so on.
Exactly what you have on the other free Air fx.
I've been making Delay Pro since years on Mpc, nothing rudimentary.
I guess Air just made that: they chained their fx on a single delay pro.
Which is fine, you save space on slots and it's faster.
But the result is the same.

Well that's the point, isn't it? Essentially it's like getting additional effects slots, which absolutely has value. Obviously YMMV. Which, clearly - it does. No big deal - obviously this plugin wasn't aimed at you. There are plenty of others that will get a lot of use out of it. :)
By SuperKonquer Fri May 12, 2023 7:16 pm
Yea I also doubt we will see more advanced reverbs. I'm not sure Akai is willing to sacrifice that kind of processing power. I know that they could make an amazing reverb that would run fine on the MPC alone, but could it run within the normal framework without blowing things up?
By B-Wise Fri May 12, 2023 9:10 pm
SuperKonquer wrote:Yea I also doubt we will see more advanced reverbs. I'm not sure Akai is willing to sacrifice that kind of processing power. I know that they could make an amazing reverb that would run fine on the MPC alone, but could it run within the normal framework without blowing things up?

A high-end reverb would be nice & I don't think it being RAM hungry is the problem when 1 track of Studio Strings uses up to like 37% of CPU. If they could do it for that plugin that nobody was asking for, then they can do it for a great reverb that everybody is asking for. We just have to know we can't put on it every track, but that what the send & returns is for or the master outputs...even resampling...there's a way.

I'd like them to at least make the Echo delay in the Odyssey plugin be it's own thing. I made something really dope the other day with it. But with this new FX it kinda of give me what I like about Echo. So I'll buy it.
By doctortweek Fri May 12, 2023 9:43 pm
Darn! Had to buy this even tho my MPC is still in shipping .... I just didn't want to miss the great price :)
By Dan Batts Fri May 12, 2023 10:45 pm
Bought it yesterday, also on plug in boutique to get the free moogerfooger plug in thrown in too. Just posting for anyone who’s on the fence, cos I wasn’t sure but I’m glad I did and pretty impressed so far. I’m cheap, and usually don’t like paying for plug ins and haven’t bought any of the recent paid for stuff for MPC, until now. I have the old tape delay set up as a send and use it a lot, but delay pro immediately sounds much better, more tweaking possibilities obviously, but the presets already sound very good. That first one, ‘burst’, to my ears sounds great. Worth the £39 even to a cheapskate like me…
By LivePsy Fri May 12, 2023 11:20 pm
I've built a fine collection of fx boxes over time and would prefer them over paying for more plugins. Resampling isn't dead and I think its sad that we're expecting realtime fx processing with multiple plugins like its a DAW. I did buy Flavor Pro but character is very important to me.
By Elijah Sat May 13, 2023 12:17 am

The 'Auto Clear' function cannot be replicated in the free FX chain. It is very useful.