MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BKLYN Sat May 20, 2023 12:35 pm
For years I've been saying that Akai should make a new rack mount sampler, but the more I think about it, why not make a rack mount MPC?

Hear me out on this.

The Ensoniq ASR-10 Rack is a great device; it samples, synthesizes, and sequences in the rack mount form, so why not an MPC that can do that too?

This would significantly benefit those of us who still use rack mount hardware synths and samplers in our home studio and touring rigs, and it's a space saver.

I love my MPC X and MPC Live II, and I still have my MPC Renaissance. I plan to buy the MPC Key 61, so I would like to purchase an MPC Rack for my studio.
By B-Wise Sat May 20, 2023 5:10 pm
You want Akai to get back into the rack mount business, but they're like: "been there, done that, so, nope :smh: ....unless they know there's a high demand. Let's see how well this thread goes.
By bitermc Sat May 20, 2023 6:41 pm
Rack samplers were a thing before software samplers existed. In the present time, I just don't see it...

I guess it applies to rack synths as well.
By Avasopht Mon May 22, 2023 4:30 pm
Hwhy?
By Neodymium Tue May 23, 2023 5:39 am
I kind of see the point. but probably not the demand. If you are playing live and you have lots of rackmounted gear and don't need the pads, having everything in racks and all permanently wired together could be really helpful. If you have a rackmount 8+ input interface, a reverb unit and racks mounted synths like the hydrasynth, Argon and Cobalt. or all those Behringers. Having the connectors on the back and not the front would fit the MPC One into 3 units.

By 40Beatz Tue May 23, 2023 1:37 pm
That would be Dope....back in the day.....when there were Real Musicians. Akai's target audience now...are Hobbyists who want a All In One Visual Portal to make music. Racks were designed to be utilized with Outboard Equipment
By Neodymium Tue May 23, 2023 2:47 pm
40Beatz wrote:That would be Dope....back in the day.....when there were Real Musicians. Akai's target audience now...are Hobbyists who want a All In One Visual Portal to make music. Racks were designed to be utilized with Outboard Equipment

Yeah back in the day I was with the away team. EMU 6400 Ultra.
By BKLYN Thu May 25, 2023 1:12 am
Neodymium wrote:I kind of see the point. but probably not the demand. If you are playing live and you have lots of rackmounted gear and don't need the pads, having everything in racks and all permanently wired together could be really helpful. If you have a rackmount 8+ input interface, a reverb unit and racks mounted synths like the hydrasynth, Argon and Cobalt. or all those Behringers. Having the connectors on the back and not the front would fit the MPC One into 3 units.

Great graphic! I own a modest collection of samplers, synthesizers, and drum machines for my home studio. Physical space is a major factor in my line of thinking…