MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Thu May 25, 2023 1:26 am
Neodymium wrote:
40Beatz wrote:That would be Dope....back in the day.....when there were Real Musicians. Akai's target audience now...are Hobbyists who want a All In One Visual Portal to make music. Racks were designed to be utilized with Outboard Equipment

Yeah back in the day I was with the away team. EMU 6400 Ultra.

LOL, still use it every day (I have a pair of them). In fact it handles most of the actual sampling duties in my MPC projects because it does all sorts of things the MPC still can't.. I wouldn't touch the sequencer in it though unless it's the only one you got. :-D
By Ultros Thu May 25, 2023 3:52 am
Monotremata wrote:https://i.imgur.com/hPFnfU7.jpg

:D cool toys! *snaps pincers* gimme.
By Neodymium Thu May 25, 2023 6:20 am
Monotremata wrote:
Neodymium wrote:
Yeah back in the day I was with the away team. EMU 6400 Ultra.

LOL, still use it every day (I have a pair of them). In fact it handles most of the actual sampling duties in my MPC projects because it does all sorts of things the MPC still can't.. I wouldn't touch the sequencer in it though unless it's the only one you got. :-D

Wow two. Emu were the king of the filters. I'd forgotten how cool (meaty) it looked. I don't remember the sequencer at all, ran mine from Cakewalk. Was that in the original firmware. I do remember zip discs being a pain in the ...

I had the Waldorf Pulse in my rack with it
By Monotremata Thu May 25, 2023 4:43 pm
Neodymium wrote:Wow two. Emu were the king of the filters. I'd forgotten how cool (meaty) it looked. I don't remember the sequencer at all, ran mine from Cakewalk. Was that in the original firmware. I do remember zip discs being a pain in the ...

I had the Waldorf Pulse in my rack with it

I don't think the sequencer was there initially, maybe got added in 2.0 or 3.0? I know it got worked on along the way too. Its pretty basic, made really for playing back GM files, not what you would want to actually create with but it can in a pinch.

My old ESI4000 was the 'Turbo Zip' model, I'm glad that is long gone. After dealing with Zip drives 20 years ago in the 'tech support' world, I do not want to ever see one of those again hah. SCSI2SD all day long here. Got a v6 in that one, and a v5 in the other one.
By B-Wise Sat May 27, 2023 5:09 am
jpeg wrote:rack samplers are pretty pointless in the cmputer age; obsiously some people still use them to colour the sound but feature wise computers cover those bases for most users

You can make that same pointless argument about the new MPCs...yet, you're on this forum :roll:
By jpeg Sat May 27, 2023 7:08 am
B-Wise wrote:
jpeg wrote:rack samplers are pretty pointless in the cmputer age; obsiously some people still use them to colour the sound but feature wise computers cover those bases for most users

You can make that same pointless argument about the new MPCs...yet, you're on this forum :roll:

wrong if i want one portable device with pads and a screen there is no other option thenone of these phyiscal beat meachines; rackmounts are not portable and offer no features that i need which i dont alreay have within the mpc live.

a laptop or a tablet would require two devices ie a pad controller and a laptop or tablet, hence the re need for an mpc or a similar device, but as racks are used in studio there is no reason to have one if u already have a pc.

dummy
By B-Wise Sat May 27, 2023 7:14 am
B-Wise wrote:

jpeg wrote:no u cant mpcs are needed cos u want a physical interface and a portable unit with pads; rackmounts are not portable and offer no features that i need which i dont alreay have within the mpc live

So based on your needs their not valueable. OK everything makes sense when you center it around you... I guess. :roll: :lol:
By jpeg Sat May 27, 2023 2:17 pm
B-Wise wrote:So based on your needs their not valueable. OK everything makes sense when you center it around you... I guess. :roll: :lol:

again wrong I used my needs as na example; but looking at the wider music maker community; and looking at what units the companies manufacture, when u combine those perspectivies its clear to see rackmounts are not needed for most modern music producers.

The fact that companies are not making new rack mounts also indicates that their market analysis has also determined that rack mounts; in this advanced computer age are not viable and really not needed by most users
By B-Wise Sat May 27, 2023 2:37 pm
jpeg wrote:
B-Wise wrote:So based on your needs their not valueable. OK everything makes sense when you center it around you... I guess. :roll: :lol:

again wrong I used my needs as na example; but looking at the wider music maker community; and looking at what units the companies manufacture, when u combine those perspectivies its clear to see rackmounts are not needed for most modern music producers.

The fact that companies are not making new rack mounts also indicates that their market analysis has also determined that rack mounts; in this advanced computer age are not viable and really not needed by most users

No, my point was that ppl can make the same argument about MPCs being useless in the DAW age, but try telling that to ppl that hate making music on computers. Just because you don't find them useful or companies don't cater to the rack mount users don't make them useless to the ppl that use them.
By BKLYN Sat May 27, 2023 4:56 pm
Those FL Studio and Reason Laptop kids are pointing and laughing at this myopic argument. At the same time, there are producers quietly buying up vintage rack mount synthesizers and samplers because they are not happy with the plugins and sample libraries that emulate them, and let's not forget all those crazy modular synth kids going nuts with their paychecks from Wendy's building Eurorack walls in their Mom's basements...
By jpeg Sat May 27, 2023 7:06 pm
B-Wise wrote:No, my point was that ppl can make the same argument about MPCs being useless in the DAW age, but try telling that to ppl that hate making music on computers. Just because you don't find them useful or companies don't cater to the rack mount users don't make them useless to the ppl that use them.

people cant make the argument about MPCs being useless beacause; as I said some people want a portable unit with pads and a screen that is an all in one device and u cant get that with a laptop and a controller, also the fact the companies are still releasing these stand alone units proves there is sufficence demand and profit to be made in producing such devices, but the same cant be said for rack device hence why companies are not producing new rack mounts.

so wrong again, I swear I already told u this same shit in my last response but some how u fail to grasp whats being said.
By B-Wise Sat May 27, 2023 8:20 pm
jpeg wrote:
B-Wise wrote:No, my point was that ppl can make the same argument about MPCs being useless in the DAW age, but try telling that to ppl that hate making music on computers. Just because you don't find them useful or companies don't cater to the rack mount users don't make them useless to the ppl that use them.

people cant make the argument about MPCs being useless beacause; as I said some people want a portable unit with pads and a screen that is an all in one device and u cant get that with a laptop and a controller, also the fact the companies are still releasing these stand alone units proves there is sufficence demand and profit to be made in producing such devices, but the same cant be said for rack device hence why companies are not producing new rack mounts.

so wrong again, I swear I already told u this same shit in my last response but some how u fail to grasp whats being said.

Just because some disagrees with you does't mean that they don't get what you're saying. there's artists that don't use MPC like devices & could get by with a other instruments & would say the MPC is useless. Me & you would both disagree with them, just the ppl that like to use rack gear would disagree with you & that OK. It's not that serious so chill out. When was the last time you laughed at yourself? :lol: Peace!