MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bobnoosh Tue May 23, 2023 12:14 am
Guys, Im sampling the same ol fashioned way ive been doing since day 1 but now when i convert the slices, the volume of the drum program is inaudible. I thought nothing was happening until i turned up my monitors all the way.

The chops play at totally normal volume in the chop tab, but convert slices to drum program and now its silent even while the screen shows its playing over the waveform. So that leads me to believe something is turned down somewhere but i feel like ive looked all over.

Very confused, couldnt find answers online!
By B-Wise Tue May 23, 2023 7:27 am
Did you check the 4 Pad Layer vol in the drum program, not just the program level?
Also check what outputs the program or the track that is going out from & check its main levels.
By bobnoosh Tue May 23, 2023 10:36 am
T
J.O.BEATS wrote:Check the program filter. Your preferences might be set to a default filter setting that’s causing the issue

Thanks well it did have a high 2 filter on it with cutoff rolled up. Turning that off worked, thats weird, i dont know if it was like that before.

Before I tried this, last night it worked normal in controller mode. I figured it was something with the new config i setup, with the mpc going into mixer 1/2 and stereo out to audio interface. But that never made sense. Do you know how to turn off the filter setting for good by any chance?
By bobnoosh Tue May 23, 2023 10:53 am
and another weird thing just happened where ive recorded the drum program and go to play over it with a drum kit and suddenly the samples start playing on the new drum kit pads :P sometimes i cant even deal with this thing <\3 haha!
By MPC-Tutor Tue May 23, 2023 11:20 am
bobnoosh wrote:and another weird thing just happened where ive recorded the drum program and go to play over it with a drum kit and suddenly the samples start playing on the new drum kit pads :P sometimes i cant even deal with this thing <\3 haha!

Each program needs its own track, otherwise your existing track events are just going to trigger that second program. So keep track 1 with your original program and events, then select track 2, assign your second program to this and now you can record your second program to this second track.

Check out my MPC Bible for a step-by-step guide to the MPC workflow.
By bobnoosh Sun May 28, 2023 11:57 am
B-Wise wrote:In the Preference in Project defaults there a default drum program filter setting. You may need to change that.

Dude! Thank you so much. I looked at that setting 20 times with a highpass 2 default and thought to my self "nothing to see here"