MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By pedro_oliveira1993 Wed May 24, 2023 9:32 am
hyena wrote:
mpc_fan_2022 wrote:So we're going to have some marketing thread here for every single new groovebox on the market from other brands in a subforum dedicated to the MPC? There is already a subforum dedicated to third party gear. :?:

well, i thought about if it was a good idea to put this post here, and i decided that it was, because all the conversations we are having about the SE, about new vs old mpc's, about workflow vs sonics and very often the issue that akai basically had no competition on its market niche popped up. now they have competition, and perhaps it will bring good things to the mpc environment, perhaps not.
that's why i thought it was proper to post it here.

Of course it was. I wanted to read other people's perspective in comparison with the MPC/Force. People need to understand that AKAI doesn't live in a vacuum and simply stop being anal about it. And competition is welcomed. I didn't see the moderation having issues with it.

The whole mpc heads martyrdom is corny as ****.
By MPC-Tutor Wed May 24, 2023 9:46 am
Normally I'd move this to the 'other samplers' forum, but as people have said, it's very relevant to the current MPCs especially considering the big fanfare and influencer meltdown around the MPC X SE, it gives a nice bit of perspective.

Now if Ableton really wanted to troll Akai they'd send some Push 3 units to Marlow Diggs and all the other influencers that Akai visited upon recently.

Having watched the loopop review it seems that it's still effectively in beta with stuff not yet implemented, some promised, other stuff unknown. I'm not familiar with Ableton's reputation with regards to ongoing development, bug fixes, feature implementation/completion etc so it will be interesting to see what updates they put out in the coming months.
By B-Wise Wed May 24, 2023 10:36 am
jpeg wrote:
kja wrote:This will sperate the real mpc heads from those that just jumped on the mpc as the latest greatest beat machine.. a lot of us will want the newest coolest, some of us truly love the mpc and will go nowhere.. I've never been remotely interested in live, I have used mpc's since I was a little one and an going nowhere. I could care less, but it looks really cool.
I wonder if it sounds good for skisky, no disrespect.. just a jab, love the guy he is a beast.

er no it wont; those who want the latest and greatest will probably just buy this and keep they mpcs and juggled multiple units.

also why so concerned with the real mpc heads vs those who are just dipping into the mpc recently? as long as the product is good for ur workflow why do u care who else uses it?

the mpcs need not be part of ur pesonal ego or some status symbol its a tool

:oops: :cry: :nod: :lol:
That last line was deadly.
By EnochLight Wed May 24, 2023 1:42 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
EnochLight wrote:If you want Suite, then you're up to +$2500 USD.

if you have a registered Novation/Focusrite product, they are currently offering a 50% discount on Live Suite upgrade from Live Lite, comes in at £270.

https://rekkerd.org/focusrite-partners- ... e-upgrade/

I believe most MPCs and the Force came with a Live Lite licence, so it's potentially worth a look.

Thanks but, I already own Ableton Live 11 Suite. :smoker: :wink: I was just talking in regards to potential new buyers who are just getting started.
By EnochLight Wed May 24, 2023 1:53 pm
mpc_fan_2022 wrote:Nice, thread but absolutely nothing to do with the MPC line...

hyena wrote:well, i thought about if it was a good idea to put this post here, and i decided that it was, because all the conversations we are having about the SE, about new vs old mpc's, about workflow vs sonics and very often the issue that akai basically had no competition on its market niche popped up. now they have competition, and perhaps it will bring good things to the mpc environment, perhaps not.

MPC-Tutor wrote:Normally I'd move this to the 'other samplers' forum, but as people have said, it's very relevant to the current MPCs especially considering the big fanfare and influencer meltdown around the MPC X SE, it gives a nice bit of perspective..

You could have posted it in the Force forum section, but it tends to be mostly crickets over there compared to here... :lol:

Come join me! :lol:
By B-Wise Wed May 24, 2023 1:59 pm
EnochLight wrote:
mpc_fan_2022 wrote:Nice, thread but absolutely nothing to do with the MPC line...

hyena wrote:well, i thought about if it was a good idea to put this post here, and i decided that it was, because all the conversations we are having about the SE, about new vs old mpc's, about workflow vs sonics and very often the issue that akai basically had no competition on its market niche popped up. now they have competition, and perhaps it will bring good things to the mpc environment, perhaps not.

MPC-Tutor wrote:Normally I'd move this to the 'other samplers' forum, but as people have said, it's very relevant to the current MPCs especially considering the big fanfare and influencer meltdown around the MPC X SE, it gives a nice bit of perspective..

You could have posted it in the Force forum section, but it tends to be mostly crickets over there compared to here... :lol:

Come join me! :lol:

I made a post about Push 3 in the Force section & so far :smh:
They made the right move.

But it did lead to a convo about third world Asian hookers, so I guess something good came out of it :wink:
By NearTao Wed May 24, 2023 2:47 pm
EnochLight wrote:Is there a reason why you didn't just go with bog-standard Push 3 instead since you don't really need the battery? Could have saved $1000 USD yet kept the full power of your computer.

Because I am a maniac?

Honestly... I'm probably a bit too into "portable" gear lately... but it is cool to be able to get outside and work on something on the deck and not have to fuss with so many cables. I'm also thinking that this is more likely closer to what I wanted out of the Force, though that is definitely going to be a wait and see. I already own Live Suite, so being able to (even if plugged in) have a much broader set of instruments available will be nice.

I know it's missing the arranger, and I'm not buying this on the hopes it will grow an arranger... but I have to say that the Force arranger has only been an "okay" experience for me. I've mostly been rendering out to stems to import into Ableton (when I care)... and I'm hoping that this will be a much more direct experience to go from clips on Push 3, and send them over to the desktop for further processing.

Beyond that... as much as I can get into making clips/programs/etc... on the MPC/Force, and it does have reasons to work on for me (probably just one though)... I have wanted a device that offered all the flexibility to work on an at least somewhat portable device, but that I can migrate content from a piece of dedicated gear over to the software and back seamlessly. Just from that standpoint... I think it fits the bill well. I *really* dislike programming on the MPC software to setup key groups... but we'll see how it goes for me.

There's a return policy if I hate it... so I'm being cautiously optimistic on this, and letting me replace some amount of hardware in the process.
By Koekepan Wed May 24, 2023 2:55 pm
The thai hooker discussion was just a cunning veil, a layer of smoke and mirrors to distract you from the meaty analysis of value for money.

But you're welcome!

(As a Force user, Push 3 doesn't even tempt me. No, really. In fact, even at price parity it wouldn't - and it's double the price once you include the software layer.)

I'm starting to wonder whether Ableton just really wanted to sell laptops with a controller attached, and skim off some of that sweet Apple cash.
By EnochLight Wed May 24, 2023 2:57 pm
NearTao wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Is there a reason why you didn't just go with bog-standard Push 3 instead since you don't really need the battery? Could have saved $1000 USD yet kept the full power of your computer.

Because I am a maniac?

Honestly... I'm probably a bit too into "portable" gear lately... but it is cool to be able to get outside and work on something on the deck and not have to fuss with so many cables. I'm also thinking that this is more likely closer to what I wanted out of the Force, though that is definitely going to be a wait and see. I already own Live Suite, so being able to (even if plugged in) have a much broader set of instruments available will be nice.

I know it's missing the arranger, and I'm not buying this on the hopes it will grow an arranger... but I have to say that the Force arranger has only been an "okay" experience for me. I've mostly been rendering out to stems to import into Ableton (when I care)... and I'm hoping that this will be a much more direct experience to go from clips on Push 3, and send them over to the desktop for further processing.

Beyond that... as much as I can get into making clips/programs/etc... on the MPC/Force, and it does have reasons to work on for me (probably just one though)... I have wanted a device that offered all the flexibility to work on an at least somewhat portable device, but that I can migrate content from a piece of dedicated gear over to the software and back seamlessly. Just from that standpoint... I think it fits the bill well. I *really* dislike programming on the MPC software to setup key groups... but we'll see how it goes for me.

There's a return policy if I hate it... so I'm being cautiously optimistic on this, and letting me replace some amount of hardware in the process.

Cool - let us know how you get on with it. I'm definitely taking a "wait and see" approach - I'll give it 12 months. I want to see if Ableton actually delivers on the Arranger in standalone,** and follow actions in Session view are an absolute must for me. That and, I want to see how this early hardware shakes out as far as reliability - I refuse to be an early adopter “beta tester” for Push 3.

That said, a lot can change in 12 months - if Akai keeps churning out solid updates for Force over the next 6-12 months to keep pace with Ableton, then I’m perfectly fine keeping my Force. I’ve got an MPC Live II for the portability stuff (and the battery lasts twice as long!), so I’m good.

** Honestly, if clip follow comes to Push 3, I won't even need Arranger. Hell - if we got that on Force I'd probably never use the Force Arranger again (assuming I can bounce a Clip Matrix session down to a song by just using a follow feature).
By EnochLight Wed May 24, 2023 3:01 pm
Koekepan wrote:I'm starting to wonder whether Ableton just really wanted to sell laptops with a controller attached, and skim off some of that sweet Apple cash.

Can't slight them for that, as this has literally been the business model for the current-gen MPC/Force since launch over 6 years ago. Sell custom hardware running on Linux with a custom software layer, then sell additional software content on the established platform (plugins, Expansions, etc). If that keeps the company healthy and continues to lead into new products and/or new features, then I'm fine with that. :lol: