MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mrmarbury Sun May 28, 2023 10:20 pm
EnochLight wrote:This only confirms that I was right in my decision to give Push 3 a solid 1-2 years before giving it a try. I don’t have time to be yet another banana-product tester. Force has matured to a solid platform and it’s only going to get better, and I don’t really need a portable (battery powered) Push, as I have an MPC Live II for that. :nod:

@mrmarbury - thanks for your first-hand experience report. :worthy:

Well, no problem. I need to try out new tech because I usually don’t believe the hype or try not to. I imagined that it’s not perfect yet since it’s new hardware but I didn’t imagine that it’s so far from anything (in relation to the price)
But I also make mistakes while doing so. So I have to correct one thing. I checked again on the naming because I really could not believe that this simple thing is not possible. You can rename most of the things. But it’s a bit inconsistent and it’s not as intelligent as for example with the OG Polyend tracker where the button matrix doubles as a keyboard. Here you scroll with the jog which might become tedious. But it’s possible nonetheless:

Renaming Tracks -> hold shift and click the button below the track name
User Content -> select it in the list and push jog to right
Sets/Projects -> “Save” gives it a random name. You then have to select it in the set list and right click the jog.
For clips it should be possible as well but I didn’t try it out.
Midi devices you can’t rename.
By MPC_Maschinist Mon May 29, 2023 12:54 pm
Well, Push 3 is intersting for sure. However I won't repeat my M+ mistake beeing an early adopter and waiting for the must urgent bug fixes.

I will wait at least till next XMAS. Let's see if there will be a 20% discount then.

And to be honest: Any new device won't provide me more lifetime for making music or make my music better. It is rather more a further but nice distraction caused by my GAS :roll: :wink:
By daddy_Q Mon May 29, 2023 1:50 pm
True, it won’t make my music better.

We all just looking for better workflow aren’t we? Hope ableton bring something better on the table so that we have more choices and also push other developers do more dope things.
As ableton user I’m quiet excited tho! :worthy:
By MPC_Maschinist Mon May 29, 2023 5:40 pm
A little bit Off Topic:

daddy_Q wrote:True, it won’t make my music better.

We all just looking for better workflow aren’t we? Hope ableton bring something better on the table so that we have more choices and also push other developers do more dope things.
As ableton user I’m quiet excited tho! :worthy:

Regarding a better Ableton Live workflow I'm looking at Opal by Fors.

https://opal.fors.fm/

Could be quite nice particularly for Elektron users and their usual workflow.
By Neodymium Tue May 30, 2023 5:07 am
MPC_Maschinist wrote:
Regarding a better Ableton Live workflow I'm looking at Opal by Fors.

https://opal.fors.fm/

Saw this the other day. If this was a VST I would be all over it.

It would be great if Air took some inspiration from this to expand the drum synth. Or made a Drum Synth Pro. I'd pay for that in standalone, especially if I could run it next to the Drumsynth at the same time.

Currently pining for the Behringer Edge. It probably won't be available when I get to the UK next month, so will have to wait some time before it reaches Vietnam.
By Komatos Records Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:04 am
[quote="B-Wise"]
Now, if y'all gonna bring up KORG , I am obliged to mention the Yamaha RS7000. Now, if there was ever a Groovebox that could use an update & kill the game, it would be that. It has features that the pre-2017 Akai devices still don't have. QoL things like track & clip exchange to easily move stuff around. Behringer, are you interested in making some easy cash?...Clone & modernized the RS7000.[/quote]

The Yamaha RS7000, IMNSHO, was the best hardware sequencer ever produced. I would sell my X in a hot minute if Yamaha would ever create a modern sequel to it’s unique, powerful sequencer/sampler interface. I love my MPC X, don’t get me wrong, but I cut my musical teeth on the SU700, RM1x, and then then RS7000. I wish I never would have sold it. Needed money for expenses at the time.
By KaoticShock Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:11 pm
My friend has the Push 3 and the Force, and I have 2 MPC Lives. I was able tl get one of my MPCs to use Live Control Mode to control my Ableton Session on the computer, but I was unable to get the Force to use Live Control Mode. Amy insights on this issue? Also, I wonder if the Akai Network MIDI application could be installed on the Push 3 Standalone so we could use Live Control Mode with Push 3 Standalone.
By mpc_fan_2022 Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:13 pm
Komatos Records wrote:
The Yamaha RS7000, IMNSHO, was the best hardware sequencer ever produced. I would sell my X in a hot minute if Yamaha would ever create a modern sequel to it’s unique, powerful sequencer/sampler interface.

Even the brand new Montage and MODX+ have abandoned the phrase oriented sequencer featured on the MOTIF series and RS7000/RM1X. These sequencers are not coming back.