MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Thu May 25, 2023 7:26 pm
NearTao wrote:There can be issues with certain types of certificates and needing to have your clock within +/- some amount of seconds (or minutes) within the time on the other end. It helps prevent all kinds of hashing and related security issues.

Might be something to try, intentionally mucking with the internal date/time and see how activation works/breaks.

The OP got everything working last night. See above.. :wink:

Lampdog wrote:You think Ether will fit the bill as a "Reverb Pro". I haven't used it so I don't know about it.

I mean, it's definitely a more creative reverb than anything on MPC/Force right now. But yeah, I guess it would have been marketed as "Reverb Pro" if it were to be in that family. It's still a pretty sweet reverb - the shimmer effect is solid.
By ceeprm Fri May 26, 2023 8:11 am
Hi

I had the same problem for about 12 hours after I installed air delay pro- i just kept trying to activate it and it eventually worked!

cheers

Phil
By Nutrisse Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:38 pm
For those who think the "plugin not activated" error is fixed in 2.12 - it's not. I keep my wi-fi off in order to save battery on my MPC Live, and wouldn't you know it, so much as a week goes by before it "forgets" the activation and needs the user to log back on. At this point the MPC has forgotten around fourteen times in six months.

This is total horse sh*t Akai, and you know it.
By fmq75 Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:33 pm
I had the same issue on my new one+ few days ago. Nothing worked to get the validation. Tried one day later and it worked. This is not what i expect from „hardware“, i can‘t even remember having this kind of trouble with software on my mac.
By jayneural Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:29 pm
I have the same problem with my MPC One+.

Nothing activates. Tried eth adapter/wifi, full resets, another internet link, another sd, resetting the preferences, forgetting the wifi links, changing timezone, alternate dns.

Even the freshly ordered Jura plugin fails to activate.

It also keeps telling me splice can’t find its download folder though I have set the SD as download folder.

These online activation things on hardware are scary.
By Lampdog Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:55 pm
By johnnytravels Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:53 pm
Just don’t buy any of their stuff and when they send an ad telling to get their new plug-in, reply saying you won’t because the activation system is a hot mess and probably the worst in the entire industry.
Go buy a microfreak or even one of those Roland preset boxes and enjoy never having to rely on Akai getting their digital services in order.
I know how it feels though. I copped a live retro recently in exchange for my one and having wifi I was immediately tempted to buy the mini D. Glad I held out and after reading this, I think I am good again without any new plugins for the foreseeable future.
By Lampdog Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:43 am
johnnytravels wrote:I was immediately tempted to buy the mini D.

That was an immediate purchase for me.
By 83dude Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:29 pm
NearTao wrote:Mini D is solid. It's not an exact replica of a Moog, but it does sound great, and you can pull up old patch guides like http://www.synthzone.com/midi/moog/minimoog/MINIMOOG%20PATCH%20BOOK.pdf and get to some old school "no presets" programming.

Cool resource, thanks for sharing!
By Lampdog Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:33 pm
You were the first to mention mini d (derailment started).
In your own thread.
Just saying.
By johnnytravels Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:44 am
Lampdog wrote:You were the first to mention mini d (derailment started).
In your own thread.
Just saying.

It’s not my thread and I was mentioning it as an example of my perspective on the Akai authentication system.
You were the one who did not reply on topic first but started shifting the discussion towards a plug-in (instead of the plug-in authentication process).
Please stop and revive a thread about the Mini D instead.