MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JohnnyRayJr Wed May 24, 2023 9:20 am
Howdy yall,

i just got my new Live 2, updatet to 2.11.10 and want to Activate the Flavor Pro and Delay Pro i have bought,
but i get an error: "COULD NOT VALIDATE LICENSE FROM THE SERVER - Licence Status: 8"

The Plugins are showing up in my InMusic Profile online though.

The Online Firmware update of the MPC worked fine, so they connected my Account for sure.

Does any one else have this problem? What can i do now? :?:

I already read another post in a forum where the Support Ticket Person can not help with this problem.

EDIT: I just send a Support Ticket anyway
By MPC-Tutor Wed May 24, 2023 10:18 am
I believe this is an intermittent issue, perhaps with their licensing server but perhaps a DNS issue (the licensing server is likely a different system to the firmware update system). Based on what others have already posted on this topic, just keep trying throughout the day and eventually it works. But it wouldn't hurt to reboot your router and modem just in case it is a DNS issue at your end.
By 40Beatz Wed May 24, 2023 1:46 pm
Try Toggling the WiFi On & Off
By EnochLight Wed May 24, 2023 2:47 pm
JohnnyRayJr wrote:I tired everyting, modem restarts, toggling wifi, turn mpc on and off, tried a different internet connection from my neighbour, nothing helps yet.

Try "forgetting" your WiFi network and reconnecting and see if it works. Wait until there is a green bar under the network before going to your activate plugins menu and attempting. Also, if you've got a spare CAT5 cable laying around, plug it into the back of your Live II and try connecting to your router directly.
By JohnnyRayJr Wed May 24, 2023 3:01 pm
EnochLight wrote:
JohnnyRayJr wrote:I tired everyting, modem restarts, toggling wifi, turn mpc on and off, tried a different internet connection from my neighbour, nothing helps yet.

Try "forgetting" your WiFi network and reconnecting and see if it works. Wait until there is a green bar under the network before going to your activate plugins menu and attempting. Also, if you've got a spare CAT5 cable laying around, plug it into the back of your Live II and try connecting to your router directly.

Thanks, i tried "forgetting" already, but i will see if i have an cat5 cable flying around somewhere!
By EnochLight Wed May 24, 2023 5:24 pm
Wouldn't matter, as he hacked his MPC and new users are unlikely to mess with theirs. Unless the same file is accessible on regular MPC's via the browser? :hmmm:
By kaydigi Wed May 24, 2023 5:41 pm
EnochLight wrote:Wouldn't matter, as he hacked his MPC and new users are unlikely to mess with theirs. Unless the same file is accessible on regular MPC's via the browser? :hmmm:

No it’s not accessible but just for informational purposes though… so people don’t spend hours power cycling routers and modems.
By JohnnyRayJr Wed May 24, 2023 5:50 pm
EnochLight wrote:

even the cat5 cable does give me the same error, such a shame, support not answering yet (though i dont think they can help) servers or athentification has to be fixed
By JohnnyRayJr Wed May 24, 2023 5:52 pm
Money is tight atm, so if i cant use them i might get my money back from paypal, and buy again if this is fixed, as a few others also have this problem from what ive read.
Who knows how long it will take until its fixed.
By Lampdog Wed May 24, 2023 6:06 pm
Crazy to hear this is happening. I bought Air Delay Pro it via ipad @ https://www.airmusictech.com/effects/delay-pro.html, it asked what account, I pointed to it to my account, X and Keys were already connected to my network and logged into my inmusic account (same account used for purchase). Activation happened within 2-3 minutes on both machines on 2.11.9 and 2.11.10 I tested/tried. I never had a problem at all.