MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Wed May 24, 2023 6:21 pm
I just logged out of my account on my Live II and "re-authenticated" all plugins just fine, all via WiFi. Might be a regional server issue for the OP? Or perhaps a bum MPC? :hmmm:

@JohnnyRayJr - is it possible to take your MPC back and get a refund, and try another (new) MPC? Maybe it's bum hardware...
By JohnnyRayJr Wed May 24, 2023 6:42 pm
EnochLight wrote:I just logged out of my account on my Live II and "re-authenticated" all plugins just fine, all via WiFi. Might be a regional server issue for the OP? Or perhaps a bum MPC? :hmmm:

@JohnnyRayJr - is it possible to take your MPC back and get a refund, and try another (new) MPC? Maybe it's bum hardware...

nah i really dont think so, its working perfect, clocked with synths, big projects etc, everything fine, i doubt that i can donwload Hype and the rest of the plugins but only the Activation doesnt work, thats 100% a Serverside issue i truly believe, or lets say an authentification issue i think.
By EnochLight Wed May 24, 2023 7:16 pm
True, true. Let us know what tech support tells you. Might have to jump on their social media channels if they're MIA for too long.
By JohnnyRayJr Wed May 24, 2023 7:24 pm
Yeah for sure, and thanks for all the suggestions guys, this forum is great and its awesome to be back to the now feature packed mpc, i even dig the built in speaker, didnt thought it be that good for jamming out ideas!!
By sparky Wed May 24, 2023 11:39 pm
Try changing your time zone settings to UTC in preferences. This worked for me on the advice of tech support to fix authentication/activation problems
By EnochLight Thu May 25, 2023 2:44 am
JohnnyRayJr wrote:i even dig the built in speaker, didnt thought it be that good for jamming out ideas!!

I absolutely love the built-in speaker on the Live II, and can't imagine using one without it. Just as a quick monitor while I sample, or jamming on the couch - it's great. I don't always have a set a cans nearby and the speaker takes care of that.

sparky wrote:Try changing your time zone settings to UTC in preferences. This worked for me on the advice of tech support to fix authentication/activation problems

Good suggestion! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
By JohnnyRayJr Thu May 25, 2023 6:19 am
Timezone was already UTC in my live 2, but tonight at 3am it worked after 5x trying to dis-and reconnect again, yeeeehaaw! The new Plugins are great!!! Thanks guys, time for jamming, Waldorf M also on the way im not going to leave my house for the next week :smoker:
By kaydigi Thu May 25, 2023 2:29 pm
JohnnyRayJr wrote:Timezone was already UTC in my live 2, but tonight at 3am it worked after 5x trying to dis-and reconnect again, yeeeehaaw! The new Plugins are great!!! Thanks guys, time for jamming, Waldorf M also on the way im not going to leave my house for the next week :smoker:

Same mine finally worked around 8 est , last night . I was able to authorize the Delay Pro Plugin.
By EnochLight Thu May 25, 2023 3:40 pm
JohnnyRayJr wrote:but tonight at 3am it worked after 5x trying to dis-and reconnect again, yeeeehaaw! The new Plugins are great!!! Thanks guys, time for jamming, Waldorf M also on the way im not going to leave my house for the next week :smoker:

Great news! Enjoy!

kaydigi wrote:Same mine finally worked around 8 est , last night . I was able to authorize the Delay Pro Plugin.

Just got Delay Pro myself - absolutely love that thing. Great delay for the price (in standalone)!
By Lampdog Thu May 25, 2023 3:45 pm
Yep, delay pro is a great great thing.
So, now, akai ‘n’ music, make a reverb pro with that same aggressive attention to detail.
By B-Wise Thu May 25, 2023 4:47 pm
I got it too & it's great but I wasn't as of yet able to emulate what the Odyssey delay can do when I tried it on the same track that I posted a link to somewhere on this site. I'll post it here if anyone wants reference.
By EnochLight Thu May 25, 2023 5:59 pm
Lampdog wrote:Yep, delay pro is a great great thing.
So, now, akai ‘n’ music, make a reverb pro with that same aggressive attention to detail.

I truly believe they could get Ether to run in standalone, at least 1 or 2 instances anyway. :lol: The CPU/RAM requirements for the desktop plugin of Ether are the exact same as the requirements for Delay Pro, Flavor Pro, Mini-D, etc. Hoping they bring that aboard.
By NearTao Thu May 25, 2023 6:33 pm
There can be issues with certain types of certificates and needing to have your clock within +/- some amount of seconds (or minutes) within the time on the other end. It helps prevent all kinds of hashing and related security issues.

Might be something to try, intentionally mucking with the internal date/time and see how activation works/breaks.
By Lampdog Thu May 25, 2023 6:40 pm
You think Ether will fit the bill as a "Reverb Pro". I haven't used it so I don't know about it.