MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BKLYN Wed May 31, 2023 7:30 pm
hyena wrote:
BKLYN wrote:I think it’s lost on some of you guys how much analog modeling has advanced in the past two decades and the fact that Inphonik spent several years developing the RX1200 plugin by modeling each separate component and circuit one by one in order to recreate that classic SP-1200 sound us Boom Bap producers love so much.

The dynamic filter sounds amazingly good, the aliasing sounds incredible, they nailed the sound we want, so why are some of you being miserable and nitpicking about something you seem to haven’t tried for yourself?

hey, do you have a short memory span? i repeated multiple times that i LOVE rx950 and that's the closest thing to the original i've ever heard. but we are pointing out something else: that it doesn't make for the whole thing. it's not being miserable, it's being true to one's own experience. (by the way, what i have to be miserable about, i have and still use an actual 950 here...) if you are talking about the sp1200 plugin, i haven't said a word about that because i still haven't tried it, and also i have absolutely zero experience with the real sp1200 and tend to speak only about things i have direct experience with.

BKLYN wrote:It like you’re fixated on looking for the wackness of life instead of seeing the dopeness.

I mean do you even enjoy having fun, or you don’t even know what fun is?

why all these conversations must always end up being emotionally charged\drama?

What drama????? I'm just asking valid questions based on your comments...
By SuperKonquer Wed May 31, 2023 8:11 pm
BKLYN wrote:I think it’s lost on some of you guys how much analog modeling has advanced in the past two decades and the fact that Inphonik spent several years developing the RX1200 plugin by modeling each separate component and circuit one by one in order to recreate that classic SP-1200 sound us Boom Bap producers love so much.

The dynamic filter sounds amazingly good, the aliasing sounds incredible, they nailed the sound we want, so why are some of you being miserable and nitpicking about something you seem to haven’t tried for yourself?

It like you’re fixated on looking for the wackness of life instead of seeing the dopeness.

It may be an amazing plug in I'm sure. But the weakness being discussed is how the MPC sounds in standalone. When your in a DAW you have practically unlimited options to sculpt the sound. Understand that it will be hard to impress upon people how great something is when for most, the draw of the MPC is being able to craft music in one hands on box as opposed to having to go to a computer.
By Sir Snaxalot Wed May 31, 2023 9:26 pm
hyena wrote:

hey, do you have a short memory span? i repeated multiple times that i LOVE rx950 and that's the closest thing to the original i've ever heard. but we are pointing out something else: that it doesn't make for the whole thing. it's not being miserable, it's being true to one's own experience. (by the way, what i have to be miserable about, i have and still use an actual 950 here...) if you are talking about the sp1200 plugin, i haven't said a word about that because i still haven't tried it, and also i have absolutely zero experience with the real sp1200 and tend to speak only about things i have direct experience with.

BKLYN wrote:It like you’re fixated on looking for the wackness of life instead of seeing the dopeness.

why all these conversations must always end up being emotionally charged\drama?

Because most people are at a rested state of constant internal conflict within themselves, and things that they like or enjoy allow them to find some sense of peace amidst all of that. When you disagree or challenge that thing, you're indirectly removing them from their position of peace, so they can become quite defensive or outright hostile.

Disclaimer: Not implying that the person you quoted is within that state or not. Just making an observation and felt compelled to respond.
By jaymack Wed May 31, 2023 9:46 pm
Sir Snaxalot wrote:Because most people are at a rested state of constant internal conflict within themselves, and things that they like or enjoy allow them to find some sense of peace amidst all of that. When you disagree or challenge that thing, you're indirectly removing them from their position of peace, so they can become quite defensive or outright hostile.

just summed up the last two months of mpc "drama"
By pedro_oliveira1993 Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:19 am
Sir Snaxalot wrote:Because most people are at a rested state of constant internal conflict within themselves, and things that they like or enjoy allow them to find some sense of peace amidst all of that. When you disagree or challenge that thing, you're indirectly removing them from their position of peace, so they can become quite defensive or outright hostile.

Deep and very much the truth. Sense of self worth and identity should not be based on an external medium.

And like jaymack said, this mpc drama is nothing more than that. Never trust guys who want to convice you're dying of thirst while trying to sell you water. Because that's all it's about. Money.
By jacques_retro Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:07 am
I personally think that the best thing on KFC's menu was the honey barbecue wings. KFC took those of the menu a long time ago. Like I said, I personally think that that was the best thing on their menu and many other people would agree but,people obviously still rock with KFC cause they're still in business. I've been pescaterian for the last 13 years so, I'm good with it either way. The good thing about technology and the internet is that if you really, really want those same honey BBQ wings, you can go online, get the recipe and make them yourself.