MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Wed May 31, 2023 10:09 pm
robleighton22 wrote:Given that my phone gives my MPC wifi, what else will Bluetooth in a + version enable?

Bluetooth is used for MIDI connections (Korg Microkey Air controller works well), I believe bluetooth keyboard for typing might also be supported, if only vaguely useful.

So apart from the extra internal storage (which is generally pointless as you can't easily back up or transfer content to this), and the free plugin voucher, the One+ adds a red skin.
By Lampdog Wed May 31, 2023 10:13 pm
Yeah, I remember reading a few times recently where people have been using their phones/devices and connecting MPC One to network this way.
By Lampdog Wed May 31, 2023 10:16 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:.... I believe bluetooth keyboard for typing might also be supported

I've used this many times with X and Keys61 when renaming.
That's about it though.
By fmq75 Wed May 31, 2023 10:22 pm
actually, i like the colour. Even with a force i´m a little bit lurking to get a one again. BUT i´m not happy they killed the ethernet port. I use it for link with logic pro and it`s breathtaking how GOOD the timing is. Like rivets bolted in steel good. Yes, you can link with wifi but i prefer the cable connection.
By HouseWithoutMouse Wed May 31, 2023 10:32 pm
Just think about how much has been added in software updates, and you didn't even have to pay for them. And now this!? Why do I have to pay for this crap, and I don't even like the color!!!! Akai are complete idiots. I'll file a complaint with the UN or the king of Sweden or something. This is outrageous! I could have used that money for something useful instead of this piece of junk. Doh.
By Neodymium Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:00 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Bluetooth is used for MIDI connections (Korg Microkey Air controller works well), I believe bluetooth keyboard for typing might also be supported, if only vaguely useful.

You can get these too, so any synth with and in and an out can be made bluetooth.
By Neodymium Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:57 am
robleighton22 wrote:So discovered that plugging in my Samsung with wifi on allows my MPC One to connect to the internet plugins. Great discovery as I know no longer need to unplug every cable and move the MPC One to the kitchen just to activate my plugins via Ethernet. ?

Whhhaaaaaat, No Waaaaaaay!
:smh:

Cheers man, my router is on the opposite side of my apartment, and used to be next to my desk in the last place.
:-D
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:44 am
fmq75 wrote:. BUT i´m not happy they killed the ethernet port. I use it for link with logic pro and it`s breathtaking how GOOD the timing is. Like rivets bolted in steel good. Yes, you can link with wifi but i prefer the cable connection.

I never noticed the Ethernet port was removed, can’t imagine it’s a cost saving decision. Why not still offer both options?

That said, usb to Ethernet adapters work fine
By robleighton22 Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:55 am
Neodymium wrote:
robleighton22 wrote:So discovered that plugging in my Samsung with wifi on allows my MPC One to connect to the internet plugins. Great discovery as I know no longer need to unplug every cable and move the MPC One to the kitchen just to activate my plugins via Ethernet. ?

Whhhaaaaaat, No Waaaaaaay!
:smh:

Cheers man, my router is on the opposite side of my apartment, and used to be next to my desk in the last place.
:-D

Yeah don't know why they don't mention this option in their user guides. Everyone has a phone and USB cable. The ethernet port is useless. ok for Ableton Link or ethernet midi it could have a use, but weirdly Ableton Link won't work when I directly plug my MPC One ethernet into my laptop. Furthermore, the ethernet midi is terrible, completely unstable clock, which wasn't my experience on the MPC Live.
By bitermc Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:10 am

YESSSSSS!!! USB Tethering works for me too. Good bye, Ethernet, you've been a pain in the arse.

Thanks man, you have saved me a lot of trouble :worthy:
By fmq75 Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:34 pm
Are the one plus buttons with white leds or is this a fata morgana?
By EnochLight Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:54 pm
robleighton22 wrote:Yeah don't know why they don't mention this option in their user guides. Everyone has a phone and USB cable. .

Not everyone's phone supports USB-WiFi tethering to an MPC (I just tried my iPhone 14 Pro Max - MPC claims it's not supported). Not even every Android phone does.
By robleighton22 Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:13 pm
Fair enough. Although a note in the manual to advice devices that enable wifi tethering are supported. Glad it's working for others, saw someone else post it on Facebook, so not my idea! Going to burn my ethernet cables.
By EnochLight Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:16 pm
robleighton22 wrote:Going to burn my ethernet cables.

By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:32 am
EnochLight wrote:Not everyone's phone supports USB-WiFi tethering to an MPC

I see the situation the other way around. Akai has added USB tethering support for only some devices.

I tried an iPhone in a Mint Linux box and tethering worked. And I don't think Apple has written any support code for Linux. It's the other way around.