MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Wed May 31, 2023 1:28 am
Oh that’s easy, ignore the link. flowers it. Don’t care. People don’t care to take time to show what it is, you don’t have to care and/or click. Done.

Every now and then I edit posts so that the links show up and people can actually SEE it.
By B-Wise Wed May 31, 2023 2:06 am
Lampdog wrote:Oh that’s easy, ignore the link. flowers it. Don’t care. People don’t care to take time to show what it is, you don’t have to care and/or click. Done.

Every now and then I edit posts so that the links show up and people can actually SEE it.

It's also easy to post, so that the video shows up here. Or at least put the tiles But as a mod why are you coming at me like that for asking someone else a legitimate question & making a suggestion to make this forum better. I didn't know if he knew how to do it & was trying to help out another member. I'm so sorry I dared to care. Wow :lol:
By astral_Signal Wed May 31, 2023 4:18 am
How would this community feel about product customisation during the ordering phase? Imagine if Akai adopted Apple's approach to spec configuration and customisation based on what the customers needs are at the time, as opposed to one product model tied to specifications with different tiers offering more overall. Wouldn't this be an interesting strategy moving forward for Akai?

Customer wants a MPC One but wants additional analog I/O, doesn't need CV outputs, needs more internal storage and has options for RAM size? Much like Apple, it gives the customer customisation options. I never owned the 2000XL, but I'm pretty sure you could customise hardware add-ons (I/O (analog/digital), FX).

I'm ready to jump back into the MPC world since my time with the classic 1000, but Akai haven't quite sold it to me yet.
By jpeg Wed May 31, 2023 5:00 am
astral_Signal wrote:How would this community feel about product customisation during the ordering phase? Imagine if Akai adopted Apple's approach to spec configuration and customisation based on what the customers needs are at the time, as opposed to one product model tied to specifications with different tiers offering more overall. Wouldn't this be an interesting strategy moving forward for Akai?

Customer wants a MPC One but wants additional analog I/O, doesn't need CV outputs, needs more internal storage and has options for RAM size? Much like Apple, it gives the customer customisation options. I never owned the 2000XL, but I'm pretty sure you could customise hardware add-ons (I/O (analog/digital), FX).

I'm ready to jump back into the MPC world since my time with the classic 1000, but Akai haven't quite sold it to me yet.

pointless train of thought;as this is not happenning, Akai sell products as is; if u customustomised after purchase thats on u
By Lampdog Wed May 31, 2023 5:38 am
I wasn’t “coming at you”. That wasn’t even a thought in my head.
By B-Wise Wed May 31, 2023 5:47 am
The older MPCs weren't really customizable & It's a cool idea, but it would be a headache to implement. Think about trying to buy 1 used & there's countless custom models or all the people who return their custom models & now the stores will have to hope someone will want to buy that exact model. As a business myself, my thought on that approach is, OH, HELL NO! :smh: :smh: :smh: :lol:
By Neodymium Wed May 31, 2023 6:40 am
Regards upgradable ram and storage, that's how it used to be. I'd prefer if it was a user upgradable option, so you can add later as needed. For ins and out, and CV, I think leaving that to an external device makes more sense. Otherwise the units would need to be really big to allow space. I like that Push chose ADAT, that really simplifes things. Less option but more stability.

Batteries are slim, that could be a user option too, with out really affecting the unit size. Especially as many (me) have concerns about battery reliability. I kind of miss the old days when you could by a spare laptop battery and swap out when the power was getting low.
By Lampdog Wed May 31, 2023 10:16 am
B-Wise wrote:… Think about trying to buy 1 used

I’d say mpc 4k man, it’s still a beast.
By B-Wise Wed May 31, 2023 11:05 am
Lampdog wrote:
B-Wise wrote:… Think about trying to buy 1 used

I’d say mpc 4k man, it’s still a beast.

I bet it is, but & I was replying to this dude: about the downsides of what he was asking for. It would be nice when your buying it new, but if you're in the used market looking for 1 that'll best fits you among so many different devices with different insides...good luck with that hot mess:
astral_Signal wrote:How would this community feel about product customisation during the ordering phase? Imagine if Akai adopted Apple's approach to spec configuration and customisation based on what the customers needs are at the time, as opposed to one product model tied to specifications with different tiers offering more overall. Wouldn't this be an interesting strategy moving forward for Akai?

By B-Wise Wed May 31, 2023 11:18 am
Lampdog wrote:I wasn’t “coming at you”. That wasn’t even a thought in my head.

I meant the way you told me "If don't like it don't click it" I know I don't have to click the link, that wasn't the point. I didn't know if he knew how to do it & your reply wasn't helpful. In the future I'll just post just repost it with the preview so people that don't like to blinding land on some YouTuber channel they don't like. No problem - easy fix. :smoker:
By kowalski Wed May 31, 2023 11:32 am
My screen is quite burnt out. Might get this rather than a replacement screen.

What's the Bluetooth do? Is it aux out for speakers and headphones?
By Lampdog Wed May 31, 2023 1:42 pm
2.10 manual is where BT info is at for now.

Bluetooth

The settings on this screen will determine how your MPC hardware’s Bluetooth connection works, so you can use Bluetooth MIDI controllers (e.g., LPD8 Wireless or LPK25 Wireless) or a Bluetooth computer keyboard with it. These settings are available only for MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II and MPC One when used in Standalone Mode.

To activate or deactivate Bluetooth connectivity on your MPC hardware, tap the On/Off selector. The available Bluetooth devices will appear in the panel below it under Available Devices. The Bluetooth devices that have already paired to your MPC hardware will appear under Paired Devices.

To select a Bluetooth device, tap it.

To pair a selected Bluetooth device (in the Available Devices section), tap Pair.

To connect to a selected Bluetooth device (in the Paired Devices section), tap Connect.

To disconnect from a connected Bluetooth device (in the Paired Devices section), tap Disconnect. To return an available Bluetooth device to its original state, tap Remove.
By kowalski Wed May 31, 2023 7:12 pm
Thanks for the info!

Seeing as I gotta keep using wired headphones either way, bought some beyerdynamic 1770s instead.

Sorry, Akai.
By Lampdog Wed May 31, 2023 7:43 pm
kowalski wrote:...bought some beyerdynamic 1770s instead.

:shock:

Grown folks toys right there.
By robleighton22 Wed May 31, 2023 10:03 pm
So discovered that plugging in my Samsung with wifi on allows my MPC One to connect to the internet plugins. Great discovery as I know no longer need to unplug every cable and move the MPC One to the kitchen just to activate my plugins via Ethernet. Given that my phone gives my MPC wifi, what else will Bluetooth in a + version enable?