MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mrmarbury Sun May 28, 2023 12:14 am
B-Wise wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/mpcusers/comments/13tm1d7/mpc_one/

Anybody got more info?

Samplekings just posted a video with pictures. While I don’t like most of his videos because he is like a chatter that just won’t stop he has some pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y1TSkjyarg

Spoiler alert: it looks exactly like the current One

He also claims that there will be a „big new MPC“ announcement at namm 24. :hmmm: we‘ll see.
By B-Wise Sun May 28, 2023 12:25 am
mrmarbury wrote:
B-Wise wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/mpcusers/comments/13tm1d7/mpc_one/

Anybody got more info?

Samplekings just posted a video with pictures. While I don’t like most of his videos because he is like a chatter that just won’t stop he has some pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y1TSkjyarg

Spoiler alert: it looks exactly like the current One

He also claims that there will be a „big new MPC“ announcement at namm 24. :hmmm: we‘ll see.

:lol: I was about to post & say the samething.

Another YT dude said he pre-ordered it for $700 & can pick it up on May 29. But I don't know how trustworthy he is.

Yeah its red & reminds me of Clifford the big red dog. I'll call it the Cliff :smoker:
By kja Sun May 28, 2023 6:49 am
I just want to know if it is 4gb?
By zangetsu01 Sun May 28, 2023 7:27 am
It looks like it’s got an battery icon in the top right corner of the display. And does the cursor indicate mouse support ? Source: SampleKings

By Ultros Sun May 28, 2023 8:39 am
Certified Beatz wrote:Great intro MPC will sell a ton.. so now just give us audio over usb standalone

or ethernet, which ever yeilds the best results. something.. anything...
By jpeg Sun May 28, 2023 8:59 am
Certified Beatz wrote:Great intro MPC will sell a ton.. so now just give us audio over usb standalone

it will sell bucket loads have to wonder why they did not have the internal battery from the outset cos the size was perfect for portability.

wonder how existing mpc one users will react; surely there will be some fustration regarding the battery added.

but seems like 4GB is the new wave, so I guess we should expect an update to the live 2 with 4GB also in prep for the mpc 3.0 software next year.

but for me I aint buying shit until the dust settles and akai put all they cards on the table in winter namm 2024
By B-Wise Sun May 28, 2023 9:55 am
jpeg wrote:

it will sell bucket loads have to wonder why they did not have the internal battery from the outset cos the size was perfect for portability.

wonder how existing mpc one users will react; surely there will be some fustration regarding the battery added.

but seems like 4GB is the new wave, so I guess we should expect an update to the live 2 with 4GB also in prep for the mpc 3.0 software next year.

but for me I aint buying shit until the dust settles and akai put all they cards on the table in winter namm 2024

A battery & more memory will be a major incentive to upgrade & will be an easier jump to make than going from the X to SE since the 1+ is the lowest priced model. I see a lot of cheap/broke customers getting old MPC One's (Should we call it 1- for short for now on? :nod: ) for the low & everybody all kinda happy...until most of the 1+ owners get sick of the red color & start hitting up MPC skin dealers & customizing their MPC's. If anybody wants to make some easy money start thinking about selling 1+ skins because it will be in high demand in the future. :lol:
By jpeg Sun May 28, 2023 10:57 am
B-Wise wrote:A battery & more memory will be a major incentive to upgrade & will be an easier jump to make than going from the X to SE since the 1+ is the lowest priced model. I see a lot of cheap/broke customers getting old MPC One's (Should we call it 1- for short for now on? :nod: ) for the low & everybody all kinda happy...until most of the 1+ owners get sick of the red color & start hitting up MPC skin dealers & customizing their MPC's. If anybody wants to make some easy money start thinking about selling 1+ skins because it will be in high demand in the future. :lol:

on the comments section of the sample kings vid I have already seen some existing mpc one owners complaining that akai should of had the battery added in the first mpc one and they are calling this a cash grab and disrespect of the existing customers.

but yeah the red colour is garish they should of gone with more neautral colours more in line with the classic mpc colour scheme, I suggested a grey colour would have been nice.

but this defo wont have the full plugin bundle as standard
By kja Sun May 28, 2023 11:17 am
Considering what push 3 just did, I don't think anybody could see this but anything but a big cash grab, a con really. People attack me for saying I hate these small updates that makes current stuff obsolete, but push really did it right and created a instrument.

Now once they sell enough of these they can release the one plus retro and screw all these customers..lol