MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By pedro_oliveira1993 Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:08 am
EnochLight wrote:
robleighton22 wrote:Yeah don't know why they don't mention this option in their user guides. Everyone has a phone and USB cable. .

Not everyone's phone supports USB-WiFi tethering to an MPC (I just tried my iPhone 14 Pro Max - MPC claims it's not supported). Not even every Android phone does.

Funny. Over the years I used a bunch of cheap android phones and they all worked. Even with my Live II because for some reason the Wi-Fi is janky. Usually the MPC complains about something not being supported but it works fine. I would have never guessed that.
By mpc_fan_2022 Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:15 am
pedro_oliveira1993 wrote:
Funny. Over the years I used a bunch of cheap android phones and they all worked. Even with my Live II because for some reason the Wi-Fi is janky. Usually the MPC complains about something not being supported but it works fine. I would have never guessed that.

Yes, it works on all android devices, I don't know a single Android device that doesn't do USB tethering.

However it might not be able to forward WIFI, only 3/4/5G on some. But the older devices should forward WIFI.

Not sure what the deal with iPhones though.
By jpeg Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:49 pm
initially hated the red colour of the mpc one but the more I see it; actually starting how to like how it look, also love the white LED buttons over the yellow LEDs on the orginal, is the red colour growing on u also?

it may just be that inital pics we saw was taken against a green background so maybe it clashed to harshly;but the unit looks good in natural light.

not that I would purchase but the red does take me back the korg esx days

By Neodymium Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:05 pm
I don't mind the red either. I guess it's just a launch model and they'll go back to black after. Personally I think manufactures should mix it up a bit more.

I missed out on this

Got the standard, and now they doing this

Basststation did this for a bit, but I love my blue one more

I got the blue TD3, but when the MO came out, I went for the yellow which I originally didn't vibe with

And now I looking forward to this
By B-Wise Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:28 pm
jpeg wrote:initially hated the red colour of the mpc one but the more I see it; actually starting how to like how it look, also love the white LED buttons over the yellow LEDs on the orginal, is the red colour growing on u also?

it may just be that inital pics we saw was taken against a green background so maybe it clashed to harshly;but the unit looks good in natural light.

I agree, the more I see it in under different lights it's I realize that it's not as bright red as they first made it look. Still like black with red pads better.
By EnochLight Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:44 pm
jpeg wrote:initially hated the red colour of the mpc one but the more I see it; actually starting how to like how it look, also love the white LED buttons over the yellow LEDs on the orginal, is the red colour growing on u also?

Unrelated: nice to see Gnarly back on the MPC. She's been doing Maschine+ videos pretty much exclusively for the past year, so I thought she dropped her MPC love for a minute.
By fmq75 Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:52 pm

Yes, it did grow on me and i love the white buttons. I think i gonna buy (the)one...again :lol:

I sold the one retro to get the force. I liked the look of the retro case but button lights and this"agrressive" pad perform yellow was just a weird mashup. It just looks shit together with the case imo.
By bitermc Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:24 pm
C'mon, it's not that weird. Clavia has been making red gear for decades and everybody loves it.
By jaymack Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:29 pm
and don't forget those limited edition red Supreme MPC Lives that were selling for nearly $3,000 a couple years ago
By jpeg Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:34 pm
fmq75 wrote:

Yes, it did grow on me and i love the white buttons. I think i gonna buy (the)one...again :lol:

I sold the one retro to get the force. I liked the look of the retro case but button lights and this"agrressive" pad perform yellow was just a weird mashup. It just looks shit together with the case imo.

when u say pad perform yellow are u talking bout the yellow LED's on the og One? but yeah if u like the look of the one+ no harm in getting it , cos the looks of a machine can make a person want to use the device more, so the look can boost creativity in my opinion.

shame the leds of the buttons are not changeable colours, but me am sticking with my og live for now
By fmq75 Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:28 pm
jpeg wrote:
fmq75 wrote:

when u say pad perform yellow are u talking bout the yellow LED's on the og One? but yeah if u like the look of the one+ no harm in getting it , cos the looks of a machine can make a person want to use the device more, so the look can boost creativity in my opinion.

shame the leds of the buttons are not changeable colours, but me am sticking with my og live for now

I meant the yellow of the pads when in scale mode. Which is the basic colour for everything synth related. I wish i could customize it the way you can when using samples. I hate the colour but at least with the red (or black for that matter) case they don‘t look so“off“ like on the grey machine.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UhK55pI3b ... cmZvcm0%3D

The yellow buttons are“okay“ but i do like the new white ones much more (in combination with the red case).

Do i „need“ another one currently?No but i want it. I‘m such a GAS victim :lol:
By J.O.BEATS Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:29 am
I actually really liked the red even from the leaked photos. I love my live but I think the One is a better looking kit and the red is slick

Would have bought one if he had a battery….
By marctronixx Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:44 am
but i had to get the plus just for the wifi and BT alone! i was half thinking to swap the outer shells of the two and put the retro on the plus...

the red is striking in person. i've got the mpk miniplus that travels in my bag with the one so together they look better than my retro and the controller, but overall im a old school fan of the beige... :smoker:
By jpeg Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:02 am
marctronixx wrote:but i had to get the plus just for the wifi and BT alone! i was half thinking to swap the outer shells of the two and put the retro on the plus...

the red is striking in person. i've got the mpk miniplus that travels in my bag with the one so together they look better than my retro and the controller, but overall im a old school fan of the beige... :smoker:

nice so do u prefer the retro or the red?

I never uunderstood how people could justiy getting two of the same units; especially when the featureset and interface is identical.

like currently I have an sp404SX but I could justify getting a 404 mk2 cos the features are different enuff and the interface is different enuff to warrant.

but to each they own; I know some people are collectors of hardware also.

but I even found it hard to justify getting the live 2 even tho my live 1 battery is dead; but there was not enuff of a difference witht the re-organised buttons and the speaker and volume knob, cos I know that I was not going to be using my live as a mobile unit, I just wanted a space saving beat device.

I would have to see new features that I actual would use to justify upgrading my live 1
By fmq75 Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:28 pm
Sorry if this has been asked before: running the one + first time and when i want to activate my purchased plugins via wifi i get an error “can not validate license from server“. Is this a known issue?

edit: and i thought i can install at least the plugins on the luxury 16gb storage but when i want to download (i.e hype) it still gives me a“no drive“ warning. Whats the storage for if not for this?

edit2: after searching a bit in the net it turns out it‘s a known problem and not even a new one. And there is no easy solution for this. It may work or not in 1-2 days or you can hack your firmware. Or contact support and prey they answer more or less in time.Bullshit, thanks akai. It makes want to send the shitbrick back right away :evil: