MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By B-Wise Tue May 30, 2023 3:46 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:People with more than half a braincell left will see how much is new. And Akai are not specifically targeting people with less than half a braincell left, thinking HA HA HAA WE GONNA GRAB MONIES NAO. They added a little bit of something and got publicity. New customers will get a slightly upgraded version.

Ok, it wasn't a big upgrade. But you've been getting upgrades all the time, software upgrades. Would it make you happier if you had to pay for them?

Man, why you mad at a company for hustling? Making money is what business is about.
You do know companies need to make money all year round not just sometimes & that you don't have to buy anything right?
Last edited by B-Wise on Tue May 30, 2023 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SakisX Tue May 30, 2023 3:46 pm
EnochLight wrote:
enzyme wrote:So right at the beginning of the Sweetwater vid, the guy says its got the 'newer' processor from the Live 2 & X.

I'm confused, is the OG One running a different processor??

Yeah that's wrong. There is no new "processor". Probably a coffee fueled faux pas. :lol:

Actually , "plus" has lower power consumption , even with the added wifi/bt module , so maybe Akai used a more efficient cpu
( 19*3,42=~65 watt , vs 19*3=57 watt )
By enzyme Tue May 30, 2023 3:53 pm
New firmware on the Akai website. 2.12... literally just adds support for One+ by the look of it, though its been added to the product pages of all the different models.
By Gearwacz Tue May 30, 2023 4:25 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Wonder if the MPC One+ comes with the same premium plugins as the X SE/Key?

From what I can gather from the product page, it has the same included plugins as the original One / Live / X series, but they're including a voucher to get one free premium plugin.

https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-one-plus

"FREE PLUGIN VOUCHER WHEN YOU PURCHASE & REGISTER AN MPC ONE+
For a limited time, receive a voucher for one free plugin in the MPC store with a new purchase of MPC One+.

Choose from synthesizers like JURA or OPx4, acoustic instruments like Stage EP or Organ, and more.

On this website, you will discover a range of MPC Expansion content and software from world-class sound designers, artists and developers."
By B-Wise Tue May 30, 2023 6:26 pm
jpeg wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4qxfc0JYe4

akai is focused on new user not the old mpc heads as explained in this vid

Do you know how to post, so that the video shows what the link is without having to click on the link to know what it is.

Just copy & paste after the =
By J.O.BEATS Tue May 30, 2023 8:09 pm
B-Wise wrote:
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:People with more than half a braincell left will see how much is new. And Akai are not specifically targeting people with less than half a braincell left, thinking HA HA HAA WE GONNA GRAB MONIES NAO. They added a little bit of something and got publicity. New customers will get a slightly upgraded version.

Ok, it wasn't a big upgrade. But you've been getting upgrades all the time, software upgrades. Would it make you happier if you had to pay for them?

Man, why you mad at a company for hustling? Making money is what business is about.
You do know companies need to make money all year round not just sometimes & that you don't have to buy anything right?

Its one thing to be profitable and another to run your business with integrity. Whats the problem with people calling out companies or people for doing stupid shit? Just dont see the need to give them this blanket excuse to so because they need to make money
By chrisroland Tue May 30, 2023 8:13 pm

akai is focused on new user not the old mpc heads as explained in this vid

i've only had my MPC One for a year and still barely scratched the surface. but would probably have re-purchased the One+ if they had added something genuinely new to it, like disk streaming. oh well.
By SuperKonquer Tue May 30, 2023 8:18 pm
:smh: :hmmm: :popcorn: I don't understand how Akai offended some people. If it is not a desirable product for you, then don't buy it and wait till something desirable comes along. They are clearly marketing the ONE+ as a device to bring in new users.

I'm not upset that it doesn't have Ableton live auto warp and MPE and 32 gigs or ram. In fact I am mad at Ableton for coming out with the Push 3 because I don't want to spend anymore money on gear but my GAS is telling me that auto Warp in a hardware solution will change my life and I must buy it. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
By BKLYN Tue May 30, 2023 8:53 pm
I think it looks cool and the price is decent for what they are offering, I have no use for it. I already have the MPC X and MPC Live 2...
By B-Wise Tue May 30, 2023 9:39 pm
J.O.BEATS wrote:Its one thing to be profitable and another to run your business with integrity. Whats the problem with people calling out companies or people for doing stupid shit? Just dont see the need to give them this blanket excuse to so because they need to make money

I don't know what part of a release that's not targeted for you is stupid & saying that a company needs to make money isn't an excuse, it's a reality. Remember you don't have to buy it & everything thing Akai make won't be for everybody. What this Model shows is that that current MPC's will be getting more updates & yes, there will be other models that may come out that may or not be of interest to you! - But it is free to be mad at them if that makes you happy :x :-D
By Lampdog Tue May 30, 2023 11:18 pm
B-Wise wrote:

Do you know how to post, so that the video shows what the link is without having to click on the link to know what it is.

He knows. He doesn't care.

BKLYN wrote:I think it looks cool and the price is decent for what they are offering, I have no use for it. I already have the MPC X and MPC Live 2...

Agree.
I aint mad at it.
I have X and Keys61.
By B-Wise Tue May 30, 2023 11:37 pm
OK I was just checking, I don't like clicking on blind YouTube links.