MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:25 pm
Monotremata wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Right - USB tethering with an iPhone works on PC as well. Nothing on my Live II either.

That actually may be a carrier restriction believe it or not. I remember years ago people complaining about AT&T blocking tethering or using your iPhone as a hotspot because they wanted you buying another line for service instead heh.. I was an Android guy around then, just barely got my first iPhone like 3 years ago, so no clue if that was truth or not. Hotspot works fine on AT&T nowadays, have had to use it a couple times when working from home when our internet went down hah. Of course doesn't help when you have no wireless devices to connect to it.

If it were carrier limited, USB-tethering wouldn't work on PC, though - correct? :hmmm:
By Monotremata Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:17 pm
EnochLight wrote:If it were carrier limited, USB-tethering wouldn't work on PC, though - correct? :hmmm:

Err yeah I guess so haha. I just remember people complaining about that left and right over at various mobile forums maybe 10 years ago? I think I got my first Android in 2010 or so and it was some issue back then about AT&T wanting you to either buy their separate hotspot or pay for another line of service. That was still back when they had 'unlimited' data and all that too, so we know things changed A LOT since then hah.
By pixie42 Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:21 pm
Hi ! I have just bought JURA for my MPC live, it's registered and appears in my product, but it's doesn't appear in the "activate plugin" menu of the MPC. I can DL and trial OPx-4 and Fabric but JURA is nowhere. I have FW 2.11.1
Can anyone tell me what I'm missing ?
Thx
By EnochLight Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:29 pm
pixie42 wrote:Hi ! I have just bought JURA for my MPC live, it's registered and appears in my product, but it's doesn't appear in the "activate plugin" menu of the MPC. I can DL and trial OPx-4 and Fabric but JURA is nowhere. I have FW 2.11.1
Can anyone tell me what I'm missing ?
Thx

1. Make sure you are on the latest firmware, which is 2.12 (not 2.11.1).
2. Log out of your account on your MPC (release all activations).
3. Log back in to your account on your MPC. Hit "Refresh" (side note: make sure you have chosen your Synth Content folder location to be on user-attached storage like an SSD, SSD Card, etc).
4. Scroll down - Jura should be there (assuming you have logged in to the same account that you bought and registered it on).
5. Activate and download content.

Good luck!
By pixie42 Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:34 pm
Thx EnochLight, will try this at once !

edit : It's working ! Wooohoo !
By SuperKonquer Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:14 pm
I think there is some kind of bug in 2.11 regarding WIFI. My Wifi stopped working after I installed it and I didn't bother sussing it out until after I bought Jura. When I upgraded through pc update mode, my MPCX said it was on 2.12 firmware. On 2.12 my wifi still wasn't working and Jura was not present.

I tried reinstalling 2.12 a few times but still no Jura and no wifi. I downgraded to back to 2.11 and still no wifi. I downgraded to 2.10 and my wifi was working perfectly. From 2.10, I upgraded to 2.12 and Jura appeared and wifi was working fine.

So possibly there is some kind of bug in 2.11 messing with the wifi. Or maybe I had a corrupted upgrade. Anyone having the same issue should try a downgrade first, instead of spending 2 hours taking apart your machine, to see if any cables were lose or the wifi antenna was bad, like I did.
Last edited by SuperKonquer on Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 83dude Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:20 pm
As posted somewhere before, after going 2.12 try „forgetting“ your network, reboot your MPC and try connecting again.
By SuperKonquer Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:40 pm
I'm seeing a lot of people's posting about WIfi not even seeing any networks. What happens is as soon as you turn WIFI on, it greys out and it doesn't even bothering searching for any networks. This is what was happening in my case. Some people are not even getting any option to forget the networks because the WIFI page is frozen until you switch to another menu.
By jaymack Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:10 pm
always try resetting your preferences. its a pain in tha ass, but most times it helps after an update
By LivePsy Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:57 pm
SuperKonquer wrote:I'm seeing a lot of people's posting about WIfi not even seeing any networks. What happens is as soon as you turn WIFI on, it greys out and it doesn't even bothering searching for any networks. This is what was happening in my case. Some people are not even getting any option to forget the networks because the WIFI page is frozen until you switch to another menu.

My wifi has always done this so I use Ethernet and it works about half the time. It reliably says connected and has an IP address but sometimes the OS says there's no network. This won't get fixed because its a Linux issue and InMusic isn't going to fix other ppl's bugs - the downside of open source is no one fixes those bugs.
By SuperKonquer Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:30 am
LivePsy wrote:
My wifi has always done this so I use Ethernet and it works about half the time. It reliably says connected and has an IP address but sometimes the OS says there's no network. This won't get fixed because its a Linux issue and InMusic isn't going to fix other ppl's bugs - the downside of open source is no one fixes those bugs.

Have you tried rolling back to a super early version then upgrading to latest from there? This is the second time it has happened to me throughout the updates. Before the new plugs started dropping I had a period where my wifi didn't work at all and I thought it was done forever but after some update x, it started working again. I'm sure it's a firmware install error or something with a bad configuration causing a conflict.
By Zack Zerox Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:39 am
SuperKonquer wrote:
LivePsy wrote:

Have you tried rolling back to a super early version then upgrading to latest from there? This is the second time it has happened to me throughout the updates. Before the new plugs started dropping I had a period where my wifi didn't work at all and I thought it was done forever but after some update x, it started working again. I'm sure it's a firmware install error or something with a bad configuration causing a conflict.

I know this is a side issue for this thread, but the wifi on my Live 1 has never worked from whenever I first tried it (bought it new in early 2018), and with whatever fw version (not sure that I've always updated prefs mind). I've always assumed it's a dodgy connection or piece of hardware, but perhaps not. I've used a usb/ethernet adapter and latterly usb tethering with my phone to get around it.

On-topic: Jura is great! Extremely playable. I had 30 mins spare yesterday before travelling for a few hours; downloaded the demo and straight away recorded a couple of parts to an existing song that sat right in there and sounded solid and lively.

As I said, I've had my battered looking little unit for over 5 years now. It's fabulous to get all these new updates, even if they are paid for.
By pixie42 Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:17 am
While I've never gelled with Tube synth or Hype, I'm really in love with JURA. It is everything I was missing in the Live : A simple polyphonic analog emulation with all the classic sounds of the 80s right at my fingertips with a nice user interface. Presets are well programmed and really usable.

I'm 50 and I'm a sucker for the soundtrack of my childhood. Always chasing "this retro sound", Jura is a time capsule and a great source of inspiration for me.
I tend to stockpile hardware synthesizers (Virus, Nordlead, DM12, Prophet 10, JX10, JX8, alpha juno to name a few), it's odd to have so much fun down on the floor with the Live, a pair of cans and a crappy bluetooth controler. Oh, the irony.
By jpeg Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:34 am
interesting to see how much positive response to this Jura synth; it seems there is much more positive response to the Juno then there was to Mini D; is that cos the Jura is better then Mini D or is it cos Juno was better the and more influential then Moog?
By HouseWithoutMouse Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:45 am
pixie42 wrote:I'm really in love with JURA. It is everything I was missing in the Live : A simple polyphonic analog emulation with all the classic sounds of the 80s right at my fingertips with a nice user interface. Presets are well programmed and really usable.

I'm 50 and I'm a sucker for the soundtrack of my childhood. Always chasing "this retro sound"

Is this really something that can't be done with samples and keygroups? If you just want to get an 80s sound.