MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By B-Wise Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:14 am
This was kinda helpful. He covered somethings that the Air Jura demo didn't.

From the description:

In this viewtorial, I provide an in depth look at the features on Roland's most popular single-oscillator, synth from 1982... The Juno 60, a rich sounding, yet very modest synth..some have declared it the finest single-osc. ever?! ..hmm, but it is tough trying to think of something that gives this thing shade!

Index:
0:00 Introduction
1:43 DCB
2:06 Transpose & Hold
3:35 Arpeggio
6:29 LFO
8:49 DCO
13:40 HPF
14:07 VCF
19:50 Chorus
21:56 VCA
26:23 Memory
28:57 VCF Jack
29:28 Bender (DCO, VCF, LFO Trig & Octave Transpose)
31:17 Manual Button
31:34 Tape Interface
34:38 Patch Memory Tones (Load into your Juno 60)

By marctronixx Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:20 pm
Neodymium wrote:
Have you tried plugging you phone into the usb, and setting that to be the wifi?

MPC One doesn't have wifi, but that's how I installed the Jura today.

mpcone retro user here. looking to try the android option. did you have to change the DNS settings or is it just plug and play? ive got an unlocked samsung galaxy fold 4. i connected to the usb port and checked usb tethering. got an ip address but a generic 255.255... dns. is there a consensus on what DNS to use?
By Neodymium Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:49 am
Connect via usb
turn off - data saver (data usage)
Turn on - USVB tethering ( mobile hotspots and tethering)

And it just worked for me.
My
IP Addres starts 192......
Subnet Mask 255.....
Gatway and DNS match the IP except for the last 2 digits.

I don't know what any of them mean :-D

EDIT: Just pulled the cable and only the DNS changed to 0.0.0.0
By mas_akala Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:46 am
Anyone purchase from Plug-in Boutique? Did it include stand-alone?
By marctronixx Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:17 am
Neodymium wrote:Connect via usb
turn off - data saver (data usage)
Turn on - USVB tethering ( mobile hotspots and tethering)

And it just worked for me.
My
IP Addres starts 192......
Subnet Mask 255.....
Gatway and DNS match the IP except for the last 2 digits.

I don't know what any of them mean :-D

EDIT: Just pulled the cable and only the DNS changed to 0.0.0.0

LOL yeah i did all that, had all the same info save the ip, and it didnt work. :Sigh:
didnt matter -- i sold the retro and picked up the plus so its moot now.

appreciate you mate.
By Zack Zerox Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:32 pm
mas_akala wrote:Anyone purchase from Plug-in Boutique? Did it include stand-alone?

Yes. Paste the serial in your Akai account online, connect your MPC/Force to the internet, update fw to 2.12, and Jura should show up and be ready to be activated.

PB have an instruction document that outlines this.
By mas_akala Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:02 am
Zack Zerox wrote:
mas_akala wrote:Anyone purchase from Plug-in Boutique? Did it include stand-alone?

Yes. Paste the serial in your Akai account online, connect your MPC/Force to the internet, update fw to 2.12, and Jura should show up and be ready to be activated.

PB have an instruction document that outlines this.

Awesome, thanks! Yeah, I saw that on the PB site, but several of the other AIR plugs mention that the purchase will work on all three (Mac/Win/MPC) but the Jura page doesn’t say that the license you are purchasing will work on MPC, so I wasn’t certain.
By Certified Beatz Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:35 am
This is one of the best plugins love it also mini D..
By Rank31 Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:02 am
For me Jura IS the best plugin. It is not powerfull but it does well what it is supposed to do: clone a Juno.

Plus:
- The UI is perfect
- The reverb is great
- the integrated arpegiator is simple and efficient but has the great advantage to be integrated.

I have the feeling that the guys from AIR increase the quality of the plugins and their competencies from a plugin to the next. Model D was good and Delay pro great. I just would like to see the already paid plugins improved. It seems fair. OPX need a new UI. The Jura's arpegiator needs to be integrated in all others synths such as its reverb.

I have the feeling too that we have AIR's designers on one side and AKAI's ones on the other side. AKAI seems focused on creating new hardwares based on bricks of old ones without improving the software of the machines.
By Neodymium Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:24 am
Hopefully they'll beef up the saturation/drive and analog range. When reviewers such as Tefty are saying they are not sure if it's a bug because they can't hear it, but have the Beta version, and then its released just the same.

I like the OPX4 UI, but I think they need to shift around some of the page groupings, to make it more intuitive and improve the workflow.
By Neodymium Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:47 pm
I went ahead and purchased today from Plug in Boutique. It's the same price, but they put about about 3 quid of virtual cash towards your last purchase (and I had about 2 quid from my last), you also choose a gift, which their is one choice. It's the SoftTube Dirty Tape plug in, which seems like it could sound pretty good as some tapes emulations can be a bit soft. I think it's iLok so I've not installed that yet.

When I went to enetr the serial code on my account with InMusic, I could only find where to register hardware serial numbers (which are a different format starting (21)). So I downlaoded the demo VST, opened and registered that way.

Lost all my authetications on the MPC One, when I connected to wifi through my phone, but a reboot fixed it

Last edited by Neodymium on Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Gabriel Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:56 pm
Ultros wrote:
B-Wise wrote:Eveybody ain't as broke/cheap as you. Don't want it, don't buy it, but don't hate it, it's business not friendship.

We already beat the plugin system. Beyond my public "air plugin patcher". It's kaput... had all the plugins unlocked before i ssh'd the bins to my machine. Just waiting on the asset zips.

I am not gonna get taken for my cash if I can get it free... I am down to mug a **** if i gotta.

Geez. So you’d rather steal than buy a plug in, considering it costs money to design, build and sell these plug ins……….I’m not certain if I misunderstood your post.
By jpeg Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:50 pm
Neodymium wrote:Hopefully they'll beef up the saturation/drive and analog range. When reviewers such as Tefty are saying they are not sure if it's a bug because they can't hear it, but have the Beta version, and then its released just the same.

I like the OPX4 UI, but I think they need to shift around some of the page groupings, to make it more intuitive and improve the workflow.

yes the saturation and rvie dont to shit; they defo need to amend that alogrithm that will really add some interesting depth / and harmonics to the sound.

but its already the best synth akia have deleivered in standalone along with mini d
By B-Wise Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:21 pm
jpeg wrote:yes the saturation and rvie dont to shit; they defo need to amend that alogrithm that will really add some interesting depth / and harmonics to the sound.

The drive in Baseline is better. I wish we could switch them.