MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By B-Wise Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:53 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Oh, and they sell Jura as well, and are running 10% off everything until Sunday, code: APDIS6. So that's $67 for Jura, which is around £55 for UK (i.e. save £20 on Akai's UK pricing of £75).

Thanks for the cash saving info.
By LivePsy Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:12 am
For the love of God, don't install this crap! Took an hour to get through the registering, install and authorizations to find out the "Free J60" is a sample based component of something evil called Syntronik 2. Took me an hour to do that and then pick through the Mac to delete its components.

MPC-Tutor wrote:Free J60 from IK Multimedia:

https://audioplugin.deals/product/syntr ... ia/ref/12/
By IndigoBeatz Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:19 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Oh, and they sell Jura as well, and are running 10% off everything until Sunday, code: APDIS6. So that's $67 for Jura, which is around £55 for UK (i.e. save £20 on Akai's UK pricing of £75).

just bought it , payed with paypal ... but in the mail where is says here is your redeem code and download link
it's just ....empty :lol:

So just mailed to support , great first impression at this site :WTF:
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:54 pm
Same thing happened to me, I got a separate email an hour later from ‘plugivery’ which eventually gave me the activation code. I think this is probably inmusics way of delivering the code. I did email audio plugin deals, they reckon there’s a glitch. Clunky. But anyway, code works, £53 vs £75.

I’ve purchased from audio plugin deals before, code was available immediately no hassles, I suspect inmusic are to blame for the issues :)
By jpeg Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:18 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Same thing happened to me, I got a separate email an hour later from ‘plugivery’ which eventually gave me the activation code. I think this is probably inmusics way of delivering the code. I did email audio plugin deals, they reckon there’s a glitch. Clunky. But anyway, code works, £53 vs £75.

I’ve purchased from audio plugin deals before, code was available immediately no hassles, I suspect inmusic are to blame for the issues :)

decent discount but I reckon black friday combine with 35 year mpc aniversary there will be some monster discounts; so i will wait this out, but defo best synth akai have done and I like that it also includes the orginal presets from the juno.

notice how much better/usable the og presets are when compared to the akai presets, so hopefully akai come with some new sound designers to breat life into the current synth lineup
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:46 am
Each to their own, I would rather get 6 months use at of this now than potentially save a few £ by buying in November. But if you wait a few years it will probably be $10 on pluginboutique, or given away for free with your next MPC hardware purchase.

There's always a better deal round the corner with these types of companies ('the discounters'), a few weeks ago UAD we trying to convince me I was getting the deal of a lifetime on all their native plugins. This week those same plugins are even cheaper. No doubt black friday will be even cheaper. Softube discount all their plugins in a cycle, who the hell pays full price for anything from these kind of sites? It's like half the audio production world graduated from the Udemy University of marketing.
By Neodymium Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:08 am
I can see them going to their retail price once initial numbers have shifted, and then drop back down to the 75 dollars when the sales hit again. I went for it now as I suspect that would be the case and it's a really versatile synth mean it's great for getting ideas down. I have some hardware synths and great VSTs, so if this is only used to sketch out an idea and the same lines then sent to something else after, I think the whole process of being focused on one box should hep me be more productive.

I used the feed back box on the MPC software to point out that reveiwers such as Tefty (who they sent and early release to) though the Sat,DRive and Analoge functions were either bug not tuned to the software, and thats the feeling of user's too. Maybe if others did the same they'd beef that up a bit
By Dafonk Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:18 pm
Hi, I can't see the JURA in the MPC Software. I can launch it as stand alone and on my MPC KEY, the plugin isin't available on the MPC Software.
Any Idea ?
By Dafonk Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:28 pm
found the solution JURA is installed here C:\Program Files\Akai Pro\Synths\AIR Music Technology - MPC - Jura
It has to be capoied to here in order to work on MPC software : C:\Program Files\Akai Pro\MPC\Synths\AIR Music Technology - MPC - Jura
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:37 pm
Dafonk wrote:found the solution JURA is installed here C:\Program Files\Akai Pro\Synths\AIR Music Technology - MPC - Jura
It has to be capoied to here in order to work on MPC software : C:\Program Files\Akai Pro\MPC\Synths\AIR Music Technology - MPC - Jura

Hitting 'Download' in Activate Plugins should do that for you, no need manually copy stuff.
By Zack Zerox Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:27 pm
Side issue, but having installed and activated this just last week, tonight I powered up my Live and Jura - and other paid plugins - were deactivated. Because wifi doesn't function on my machine, grabbed a USB cable+mobile and it was sorted, but it's bloody annoying.

This is in the latest fw. I thought akai were going to address this? At the very least, the system should warn you if you have less than a certain number of days left before reactivation is required.