MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By polysci Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:50 pm
Have you tried plugging you phone into the usb, and setting that to be the wifi?

MPC One doesn't have wifi, but that's how I installed the Jura today.[/quote]

Yeah that works, you can use usb tethering to get to the plugin page. Usb tethering / hotspot should work simultaneously as well if someone needs to validate their profile with the authorizations page as well.

Steps: plug in usb to the phone / mpc, enable tethering on the phone and go to settings set network addressing to auto. should work then.[/quote]

Perhaps not iPhone? I've only received unrecognized device warnings.
By Neodymium Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:59 pm
polysci wrote:
Yes, but no luck. iPhone. Did you use Android?

I had to check :lol: , but yes, android.
By polysci Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:07 pm
Neodymium wrote:
polysci wrote:
Yes, but no luck. iPhone. Did you use Android?

I had to check :lol: , but yes, android.

haha. wrong camp again: i can't get rid of the beeping in my aiaiai wireless+ because the firmware update is windows-only and i'm on a mac :roll:
By Ultros Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:32 pm
Ah yeah.. android here too.. iphone may be outta luck.
By HouseWithoutMouse Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:04 pm
I don't know what "natively" means but USB tethering with an iPhone works on Linux without any Apple-made software. Maybe not on Akai's Linux though. Didn't seem to do anything on my Force 3.2.3.
By EnochLight Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:14 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:I don't know what "natively" means but USB tethering with an iPhone works on Linux without any Apple-made software. Maybe not on Akai's Linux though. Didn't seem to do anything on my Force 3.2.3.

Right - USB tethering with an iPhone works on PC as well. Nothing on my Live II either.
By Monotremata Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:52 pm
EnochLight wrote:Right - USB tethering with an iPhone works on PC as well. Nothing on my Live II either.

That actually may be a carrier restriction believe it or not. I remember years ago people complaining about AT&T blocking tethering or using your iPhone as a hotspot because they wanted you buying another line for service instead heh.. I was an Android guy around then, just barely got my first iPhone like 3 years ago, so no clue if that was truth or not. Hotspot works fine on AT&T nowadays, have had to use it a couple times when working from home when our internet went down hah. Of course doesn't help when you have no wireless devices to connect to it.
By jonbon Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:06 pm
Have to chime in and say that this is really a good one.

Not really been sold on any of the other instruments, although i used hype for a few tracks.
Dissapointed by the fabric xl sample library as well (the nasal strings, forexample, yuck), but this is really useable.

7 notes polyphony as well :worthy:

This, delay pro and a GOOD reverb Pro and I wont ask for more :mrgreen:
By Big Tick Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:43 pm
jonbon wrote:7 notes polyphony as well :worthy:

8 actually, in standalone.
32 in the vst version.
By jpeg Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:45 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
jonbon wrote:This, delay pro and a GOOD reverb Pro and I wont ask for more :mrgreen:

I remember back in 2013 when people were saying 'I only need audio tracks, nothing more and I'll be happy'. :-D

there will always be more but I think audio tracks without the arranger view is kinda shit for adding external synths to beats
By THXjay Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:50 pm
HDMI out and I'm good :hdmi: :hdmi: :hdmi: :hdmi:

Just saw a post with someone using a Roland 8800 with a 50inch monitor :mrgreen:
By EnochLight Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:20 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
jonbon wrote:This, delay pro and a GOOD reverb Pro and I wont ask for more :mrgreen:

I remember back in 2013 when people were saying 'I only need audio tracks, nothing more and I'll be happy'. :-D

You can remember that far back??! :wink: :lol:

#Veteran_geezers_mpc_club