MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By doctortweek Wed May 31, 2023 3:43 pm
jpeg wrote:
Jtpack wrote:I had no issues activating the free trial on my Live II. It immediately inspired a new song. So I've just purchased it for $74.99

am tempted but wondering if it will be cheaper come black friday

Doubt it, as it is currently half price at launch.
By Neodymium Wed May 31, 2023 4:33 pm
After a few google searches, the best price happened on the OPX-4 on St Patrick's Day, other than that it seems the release offer price of 79.99 wasn't beaten. I wasn't really watching last year at black Friday, as I had the OPX-4 on release. So feel free to correct me if you know anything

So this may be the best price we see on the Jura
By jpeg Wed May 31, 2023 5:06 pm
Neodymium wrote:After a few google searches, the best price happened on the OPX-4 on St Patrick's Day, other than that it seems the release offer price of 79.99 wasn't beaten. I wasn't really watching last year at black Friday, as I had the OPX-4 on release. So feel free to correct me if you know anything

So this may be the best price we see on the Jura

OPX was way cheaper then $79; maybe it was some sort of site error but am pretty sure OPX was around $40 at one point or even less.

does anyone know the cheapest price that was on mini D?
By EnochLight Wed May 31, 2023 5:39 pm
jpeg wrote:OPX was way cheaper then $79; maybe it was some sort of site error but am pretty sure OPX was around $40 at one point or even less.

Mini D was on Black Friday sale for $59 USD, but I think there was another 10% off coupon floating around on top of that. I'm a little hazy on the details. I don't remember OPx-5 being way cheaper than $79 USD - not on purpose anyway. I think there was a site glitch or something.
By jpeg Wed May 31, 2023 5:58 pm
EnochLight wrote:
jpeg wrote:OPX was way cheaper then $79; maybe it was some sort of site error but am pretty sure OPX was around $40 at one point or even less.

Mini D was on Black Friday sale for $59 USD, but I think there was another 10% off coupon floating around on top of that. I'm a little hazy on the details. I don't remember OPx-5 being way cheaper than $79 USD - not on purpose anyway. I think there was a site glitch or something.

the mpc-forums search tool is useless; but did a goodle search and found this thread; officially OPX was $30 dollars on St Patricks day but there was a site glicth so some got it for $9 and some got it for less then 5 Euros.

SO I will wait for this plugin to be on sale either black Friday or next St Patricks as is not urgent for me as am mostly sample based and I have other hardware synths that I can use anyhow, that I prolly need to make more use of.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=215570
By joegrant413 Wed May 31, 2023 6:08 pm
Got the Jura trial really and really like it.

Many of the presets I like most come in the folders at the end. They look like they correspond to original Juno presets.

At lunchtime, I AB'd some of those presets against similar presets on the Softube Model 84. Guess what? The Softube sounds better, fuller. But the Jura sounds great. And I really like having the MPC plugins on my standalone MPC.

Is it worth it to get it now, or wait a few months and pay $30 or $40 less? Dunno, especially since I have the Softube. But I might.

Thx
By EnochLight Wed May 31, 2023 8:32 pm
jpeg wrote:the mpc-forums search tool is useless; but did a goodle search and found this thread; officially OPX was $30 dollars on St Patricks day but there was a site glicth so some got it for $9 and some got it for less then 5 Euros.

SO I will wait for this plugin to be on sale either black Friday or next St Patricks as is not urgent for me as am mostly sample based and I have other hardware synths that I can use anyhow, that I prolly need to make more use of.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=215570

Ahh right - I remember that happening now. Lots of people scored it for less than 5 Euros before Akai/Air caught the glitch and fixed the price. But even at a $30 sale price, that was a steal.

joegrant413 wrote:At lunchtime, I AB'd some of those presets against similar presets on the Softube Model 84. Guess what? The Softube sounds better, fuller. But the Jura sounds great. And I really like having the MPC plugins on my standalone MPC.

Is it worth it to get it now, or wait a few months and pay $30 or $40 less? Dunno, especially since I have the Softube. But I might.

Thx

That's what it boils down to - getting a pretty nice Juno-106/60 emulation on your MPC/Force in standalone, and for that - Jura is a no-brainer. If you already own Model 84, though, it's not really useful on the desktop aside from transferring 1:1 productions back and forth to your MPC/Force and your DAW. It'll always go on sale at some point, but the question is do you want it NOW, on your MPC/Force, in standalone? If the answer is no, then I'd wait. If the answer is yes, then the current price isn't really going to stop anyone.
By Uncle Dieppe Wed May 31, 2023 8:57 pm
I’m really liking this Jura,having owned a J60/106 in the past ,plus I’d originally sold my Jupiter X when the MPC keys came out to fund it so glad Air have created this plug in which has kind of compensated for me ditching the Jupiter X

it’s great to still have access to those sounds again with the similar interface without owning the hardware,I’ve jumped on this and purchased it,loving the fact I can layer/Split this with the mini D and other plugs in too,been creating some nice sound combos this afternoon with it :lol:
By jpeg Wed May 31, 2023 11:01 pm
joegrant413 wrote:Got the Jura trial really and really like it.

Many of the presets I like most come in the folders at the end. They look like they correspond to original Juno presets.

At lunchtime, I AB'd some of those presets against similar presets on the Softube Model 84. Guess what? The Softube sounds better, fuller. But the Jura sounds great. And I really like having the MPC plugins on my standalone MPC.

Thx

the $40 saving is not exactly life changing; but I also have softube and Auturias versions of the Juno which I hardly use; as well as a JX-08 and MicroKorg XL that I hardly use.

So I dont need the sytnh but th econvenicne of having the synth in standalone is enticing but I thin I will just wait for the innevitable sale; as TT_Lab stated in thr OPX thread:

"This is typical AKAI move. Back in June when it was released it was obvious that this was gonna come. So boys and girls, when AKAI launches a new product, specially a software product, don't be victims of your own fomo and hold your horses, eventually this is going to happen.
Happy for y'all that waited."

and MPC-Tutor said in the same thread:

"Still crazy discount for an 8 month old plugin, but as TT_Lab says, it was obvious that they would be engaging in heavy-discounting, it's what they've been doing for some time with all the AIR VST plugins and it's a pretty common tactic for a section of the software market who are targeting the type of customer who is always chasing a deal. Price artificially high and then increasingly bigger discounts over time, until eventually it's one of those $1 plugin boutique flash offers (or one of the plugins that gets given away free with each purchase).

I honestly prefer it when companies just pick a decent, fair price and stick with it all year round, you know where you stand . You also don't leave half your customers with a bitter taste in their mouth when they see that plugin being sold for less than half what you paid for it just a few weeks previously."
By Neodymium Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:52 am
Seems to me that the Black Friday sales of software really impacted synths price structures. And manufacturers were competing for costumers pockets, at that time, then pockets were empty for xmas, and then January sales came around.

The Juno for me has always been a bench mark synth, it's simple architecture makes it really intuitive, yet it has enough to give it range and it's full of sweet spots. I really like that they gave the Jura a 2nd ASDR. Having started on a Bass Station (and return to the BS2) I love this little extensions to the original.
By Neodymium Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:52 am
Neodymium wrote:Seems to me that the Black Friday sales of software really impacted synths price structures. And manufacturers were competing for costumers pockets, at that time, then pockets were empty for xmas, and then January sales came around.

The Juno for me has always been a bench mark poly synth, it's simple architecture makes it really intuitive, yet it has enough to give it range and it's full of sweet spots. I really like that they gave the Jura a 2nd ASDR. Having started on a Bass Station (and return to the BS2) I love this little extensions to the original.
By Wul Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:22 am
I got the demo and was going through the presets thinking how good it sounded till I realised my micro freak with v5 firmware was sounding at the same time ……..shit.
Turned the freak down ….shit again, so **** ordinary.
By EnochLight Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:28 am
“Ordinary” is the last thing that comes to my mind when Jura is running. :hmmm: But - everyone has different tastes. Or tinnitus. :lol:
By Ultros Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:59 am
Wul wrote:I got the demo and was going through the presets thinking how good it sounded till I realised my micro freak with v5 firmware was sounding at the same time ……..shit.
Turned the freak down ….shit again, so **** ordinary.

You're ordinary!!! I kid i kid lol! funny how a second layer adds so much pop... ive done that same thing.. just rocking out like man this patch is DOPE. hit record, play it back and it's missing a full timbre. "oh dang thats my keyboard..."
By Neodymium Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:16 pm
Juno is such a great synth if you want to nail that 80's vibe, synthwave kids love it.

Me, I grew up in the 80's and that 80's vibe can makes me do a little bit of sick in my mouth. But chuck it through pedal and amp effects, and bang on big beat 90's vibe. Had great fun demoing this morning.

Chemical brothers have a Boss Heavy Metal sat on their 106. There's some less than ordinary fun to be had here