MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By B-Wise Tue May 30, 2023 9:48 pm
Monotremata wrote:All of EMU's romplers content is copywritten, just like every other rompler out there. The owner has been selling all those as Kontakt banks for decades now.

The Proteus and all those rackmounts were very similar to an EIII/EIV, I don't think they could handle it. There's more than 2 places you can send an LFO in those (and more than 1 LFO), and they actually have options for positive and negative movement. Akai cant even pull that basic stuff off with their 'flagship' sampler. :lol:

Just having the EMU synth engine with with new samples & the ability to add our own samples would be dope.

BYW some dudes on gearspace are making new sound ROM for the Command Stations:
https://gearspace.com/board/electronic- ... ction.html
By BKLYN Wed May 31, 2023 12:36 am
B-Wise wrote:
Monotremata wrote:All of EMU's romplers content is copywritten, just like every other rompler out there. The owner has been selling all those as Kontakt banks for decades now.

The Proteus and all those rackmounts were very similar to an EIII/EIV, I don't think they could handle it. There's more than 2 places you can send an LFO in those (and more than 1 LFO), and they actually have options for positive and negative movement. Akai cant even pull that basic stuff off with their 'flagship' sampler. :lol:

Just having the EMU synth engine with with new samples & the ability to add our own samples would be dope.

BYW some dudes on gearspace are making new sound ROM for the Command Stations:
https://gearspace.com/board/electronic- ... ction.html

Thanks for the link. I was thinking maybe Arturia will do more Emu emulations in their product line. Their Emu Emulator 2 is outstanding and I also have to mention their Ensoniq SQ-80 is excellent! It would be nice if Air Music Tech could go hard and bring these instruments to the MPC, but time will tell I guess...
By B-Wise Wed May 31, 2023 1:00 am
Or even 1 of the Prophets (RIP Dave Smith) :worthy:
By Low3001 Wed May 31, 2023 2:22 am
Anybody still have trouble with the required firmware 2.11.9 (or higher) for Jura on the MPC One?
By Jtpack Wed May 31, 2023 2:54 am
I had no issues activating the free trial on my Live II. It immediately inspired a new song. So I've just purchased it for $74.99
By jpeg Wed May 31, 2023 4:58 am
B-Wise wrote:
jpeg wrote: :lol: the presets are just aight as per usua;l but when palyaing with the filters and other parameters am aready get some interesting tones; so I'd say this is seems to be the best synth they have done thus far; followed by Odessy.

Well coming from you that's great to hear & I love Odyssey so if it's on that level it must sound crazy!

yup its good not sure how close it is to the real Juno but its defo the best synth in standalone to date; some good presets in the pluck section; but just the tonal quality when editing the synth is much more usable in an urban hip hop conext and for other styles also, then the other previous synth offerings, such as tubesynth, etc, that have the typical generic vst softsynth sound tonal quality.

so good job by air and akai on this
By B-Wise Wed May 31, 2023 5:36 am
jpeg wrote: yup its good not sure how close it is to the real Juno but its defo the best synth in standalone to date; some good presets in the pluck section; but just the tonal quality when editing the synth is much more usable in an urban hip hop conext and for other styles also, then the other previous synth offerings, such as tubesynth, etc, that have the typical generic vst softsynth sound tonal quality.

so good job by air and akai on this

Ok, I'll hit up the streets & hustsle up the cash to buy it.
By Lampdog Wed May 31, 2023 5:40 am
jpeg wrote:…. but its defo the best synth in standalone to date….

You think so man. I’mma go with opx.
By B-Wise Wed May 31, 2023 5:49 am
Lampdog wrote:

Maybe he likes the presets better :lol:
By Rank31 Wed May 31, 2023 6:01 am
I fully agree. Based on my personal taste this Jura plugin is the best synth plugin on MPC. Especially it's great and reverb and the arpegiator (see below). The sound is good and close to Juno sound. And I love it.
Talking about its Arp nobody said that the notes generated are not recorded in the sequencer. It means that a chord recorded will stay a chord in the sequencer so you will be able to change the Arp parameters in real time. This function is unique in the MPC.
I agree too that compared to OPX the Jura is more limited in term of sonic territories and parameters. But that's the sound i like.
By jpeg Wed May 31, 2023 6:56 am
Lampdog wrote:

its all debateable; but certainly OPX, Jura, Mini D & Odysee for synths are top in my book, but ultimately I suppose depends of what sound ur going depending on what genre u make.
By THXjay Wed May 31, 2023 9:44 am
I'm 100% standalone, never used the software but was just curious as to what the differences are with these new plugin instruments. Has anyone compared the standalone directly with the VST? I haven't seen anyone do this on youtube, they seem to use one or the other.

I'm presuming that the Piano, Strings, Model D etc must sound a lot better on the computer.....or maybe not!
By jpeg Wed May 31, 2023 9:47 am
THXjay wrote:I'm 100% standalone, never used the software but was just curious as to what the differences are with these new plugin instruments. Has anyone compared the standalone directly with the VST? I haven't seen anyone do this on youtube, they seem to use one or the other.

I'm presuming that the Piano, Strings, Model D etc must sound a lot better on the computer.....or maybe not!

thats a baseless assumption why would u assume that the vsts sound better then the mpc standalone? is the same app so they sound identical
By B-Wise Wed May 31, 2023 10:51 am
Just in case anyone missed it