MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Neodymium Tue May 30, 2023 5:26 pm
Yeah, he seems to do honest review. HIs MPC One Plus conclusion was 'It's a great piece of kit, but not worth upgrading to, shame it wasn't 4GB'

I've been waiting on the Jura, but I can wait some more. May pick up the new Edge (DFAM) in the UK next month but it's currently inflated in price to do so, but I'd probably pay the same if it was available here. I I got costs in returning the Hydrasynth. (as well as a new Vacuum cleaner :-D ) so I think I should wait for when its a good price again.
By B-Wise Tue May 30, 2023 5:28 pm
Neodymium wrote:Yeah, he seems to do honest review. HIs MPC One Plus conclusion was 'It's a great piece of kit, but not worth upgrading to, shame it wasn't 4GB'

I've been waiting on the Jura, but I can wait some more. May pick up the new Edge (DFAM) in the UK next month but it's currently inflated in price to do so, but I'd probably pay the same if it was available here. I I got costs in returning the Hydrasynth. (as well as a new Vacuum cleaner :-D ) so I think I should wait for when its a good price again.

You just had to mention the vacuum cleaner :lol:
By B-Wise Tue May 30, 2023 5:39 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: And you just had to post the biggest picture you could find didn't you? :nod:
By Ultros Tue May 30, 2023 5:59 pm
I was trying to sleuth this plugin yesterday off the plugin repo, either ive not deciphered the correct name or it wasnt on the host yet... is jura out now for release?
By TT_Lab Tue May 30, 2023 6:15 pm
B-Wise wrote:Eveybody ain't as broke/cheap as you. Don't want it, don't buy it, but don't hate it, it's business not friendship.

I'm sorry Andy.
By Monotremata Tue May 30, 2023 6:47 pm
TT_Lab wrote:who in his right mind will jump for 75 fo a single plugin?
They must realize they are not scamming anyone anymore with this prices.

That's a decent price for Softube's Model 84. :wink:
By B-Wise Tue May 30, 2023 6:55 pm
TT_Lab wrote:
B-Wise wrote:Eveybody ain't as broke/cheap as you. Don't want it, don't buy it, but don't hate it, it's business not friendship.

I'm sorry Andy.

Who is Andy?
By Ultros Tue May 30, 2023 7:14 pm

We already beat the plugin system. Beyond my public "air plugin patcher". It's kaput... had all the plugins unlocked before i ssh'd the bins to my machine. Just waiting on the asset zips.

I am not gonna get taken for my cash if I can get it free... I am down to mug a **** if i gotta.
By Ultros Tue May 30, 2023 7:28 pm
Awe shit. there it go: https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/akai/Plug ... Jura.2.zip

Time to **** with it and snap some photos.

:)

edit.. trap heads will like the sound for sure. got lots of creepy and dreary patches right out the gate. dunno how similar to a juno it actually is though. I dont own a real one to test against.
By Ultros Tue May 30, 2023 8:56 pm
Naw its just the direct link to the synth content. Rather than use my mpc to look I just check via a browser.
By BKLYN Tue May 30, 2023 8:57 pm
It was interesting beta testing this for the past few months, I enjoy it for what it is, but I still feel they could do more. I hope Air models the Emu Proteus and Kwai lines of synthesizers in the not-so-distant future. It would really be great to have those in the MPC...
By Monotremata Tue May 30, 2023 9:35 pm
BKLYN wrote:It was interesting beta testing this for the past few months, I enjoy it for what it is, but I still feel they could do more. I hope Air models the Emu Proteus and Kwai lines of synthesizers in the not-so-distant future. It would really be great to have those in the MPC...

All of EMU's romplers content is copywritten, just like every other rompler out there. The owner has been selling all those as Kontakt banks for decades now.

The Proteus and all those rackmounts were very similar to an EIII/EIV, I don't think they could handle it. There's more than 2 places you can send an LFO in those (and more than 1 LFO), and they actually have options for positive and negative movement. Akai cant even pull that basic stuff off with their 'flagship' sampler. :lol:
By BKLYN Tue May 30, 2023 9:46 pm
Monotremata wrote:
BKLYN wrote:It was interesting beta testing this for the past few months, I enjoy it for what it is, but I still feel they could do more. I hope Air models the Emu Proteus and Kwai lines of synthesizers in the not-so-distant future. It would really be great to have those in the MPC...

All of EMU's romplers content is copywritten, just like every other rompler out there. The owner has been selling all those as Kontakt banks for decades now.

The Proteus and all those rackmounts were very similar to an EIII/EIV, I don't think they could handle it. There's more than 2 places you can send an LFO in those (and more than 1 LFO), and they actually have options for positive and negative movement. Akai cant even pull that basic stuff off with their 'flagship' sampler. :lol:

For now maybe, but who is know what is in store for the 3.0 platform with the MPC X SE?