MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By A.N.Shelley Wed May 31, 2023 3:50 pm
Why didn't Akai consider providing start/stop function in a single foot switch in the MPC X? Isn't that indispensable and easily possible in mpc X ?i mean seq play start/stop with only one foot switch. in MPC 2500 jjos. 3.14 it is available.
By Lampdog Wed May 31, 2023 6:44 pm
MPC Manual, os2.10, PG 80
Footswitch 1 & Footswitch 2: These determine how connected footswitches will work.
These options are available for MPC X only, not for MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One or
MPC Touch, which do not have footswitch inputs.

MPC Manual, os2.10, PG 17
Footswitch Inputs (FS 1/2) (1/4” / 6.35 mm): Connect optional 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS footswitches to these inputs.

My ASR-10 came with a single footswitch, I've in the past set it up just to see it work, it did, never used it again.
By A.N.Shelley Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:37 am
A.N.Shelley wrote:Why didn't Akai consider providing start/stop function in a single foot switch in the MPC X? Isn't that indispensable and easily possible in mpc X ?i mean seq play start/stop with only one foot switch. in MPC 2500 jjos. 3.14 it is available.
A.N.Shelley wrote:Why didn't Akai consider providing start/stop function in a single foot switch in the MPC X? Isn't that indispensable and easily possible in mpc X ?i mean seq play start/stop with only one foot switch. in MPC 2500 jjos. 3.14 it is available.
By sparky Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:26 am
Slightly off-topic I know but I’ve recently connected a footswitch to the X and set it to trigger whatever is on Pad 1 regardless of bank or program - kind of fun using to to kick samples in and out in a different way. Can use it to hold drones on a keyboard patch for example while playing a melody through a series of banks on the pads… footswitch options on the X are more flexible than I expected