MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By godlike Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:06 pm
So far we have been satisfied with the development of the MPCs and their updates. I am wondering if they moved to a subscription model we would see faster development and growth?

I sense that we would be okay with a monthly subscription if the rate was reasonable. Somewhere around $15.99 per month is a thought.
By B-Wise Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:29 pm
Oh hell. Paying them upfront won't garentee consistent reliability service. I don't want to be under the mercy of Akai’s janky-ass services delays, delays, delays, delays.... :smh:
By kaydigi Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:54 pm
godlike wrote:So far we have been satisfied with the development of the MPCs and their updates. I am wondering if they moved to a subscription model we would see faster development and growth?

I sense that we would be okay with a monthly subscription if the rate was reasonable. Somewhere around $15.99 per month is a thought.

By jpeg Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:35 pm
godlike wrote:So far we have been satisfied with the development of the MPCs and their updates. I am wondering if they moved to a subscription model we would see faster development and growth?

what fool in they right mind would pay subscription to use a standalone software on the mpc, dude u smoking dope

ive seen peeps complain about having to re authenticate plugins so i doubt there would be any apetite for subscription standalone
By Ultros Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:24 pm

Eat shit and choke. I aint havin that... they can go ahead and try if they got the balls but folks know what i am about and i will make sure it fails if implemented.

A better idea is fully design a piece before selling it. That way we dont gotta suckle the tit.
By Neodymium Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:34 pm
Ultros wrote:
Eat shit and choke. I aint havin that... they can go ahead and try if they got the balls but folks know what i am about and i will make sure it fails if implemented.

A better idea is fully design a piece before selling it. That way we dont gotta suckle the tit.

No need to sugar coat it Ultros, say what you really think. :lol:
By mrmarbury Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:17 pm
godlike wrote:So far we have been satisfied with the development of the MPCs and their updates.

Must be the royal we right?

godlike wrote:I sense that we would be okay with a monthly subscription if the rate was reasonable. Somewhere around $15.99 per month is a thought.

Short answer: lol
Longer Answer: My Studio One Sphere Subscription is $15/month. Not only is the SW a gazillion years ahead of the MPC feature wise. You also get 100GB cloud memory for your projects, It’s a full suite with high class plugins for composing, mixing, mastering and as of new scoring for videos. This DAW can do magic. And their free master classes are rock solid stuff. And you think people will pay $16 for a daw where you can’t even pinch to zoom? If we are talking about the MPC Standalone it’s even more ridiculous. Not to say dubious. How should that work? I buy a new MPC with let’s say v3 of MPC OS. As usual the software shipped with that device will be more an alpha or beta product than a fully featured software. Now I pay monthly to eventually get something that will work? If you buy the MPC a year later will it have the initial release of the OS or everything available until then? Either way this would be a scam. I wouldn’t buy a half finished product that will never get an update and wouldn’t buy a product that I know is more stable in a year. So no matter what they do they will cheat customers.

You must be trolling us here :smh:
Last edited by mrmarbury on Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By mrmarbury Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:18 pm
jpeg wrote:what fool in they right mind would pay subscription to use a standalone software on the mpc, dude u smoking dope

I think he should smoke dope. He clearly isn’t
By Monotremata Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:24 pm
Ultros wrote:A better idea is fully design a piece before selling it. That way we dont gotta suckle the tit.

Quoted for MF TRUTH, and this applies to just about EVERY manufacturer out there nowadays.
By mrmarbury Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:29 pm
Monotremata wrote:
Ultros wrote:A better idea is fully design a piece before selling it. That way we dont gotta suckle the tit.

Quoted for MF TRUTH, and this applies to just about EVERY manufacturer out there nowadays.

:nod: :nod: :nod: