MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By B-Wise Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:12 am
B-Wise wrote:
godlike wrote:Yes, I agree that we should not have to pay to fix the software. I am wondering more about advancing the software--this is where the subscription model could be helpful. In essence we would be paying to support the strengthening and growth of the software. For example, we could be on version 3.0 by now with a subscription model.

BYE!

Certified Beatz wrote:Ok leave and go over to reason studio's great software but I'm staying on reason 11 for life no subscription for me..

Ok, but why are you telling me? I'm the that told him bye.
By Certified Beatz Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:48 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:Ok leave and go over to reason studio's great software but I'm staying on reason 11 for life no subscription for me..

Bwise wrote: Ok, but why are you telling me? I'm the that told him bye.

No sorry Bwise this was directed to slapnuts that started the post :wink:
By HouseWithoutMouse Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:17 pm
godlike wrote:For example, we could be on version 3.0 by now with a subscription model.

Wow. This troll show is getting better. Trolling or not, it doesn't matter because it's producing hilarious stuff.

Based on what should anyone believe this idea that a subscription leads to a much better product? What exactly would be the supposed chain of events.

- 1. subscription model
- 2. ????
- ... ??????
----> version 3.0
(assuming that "3.0" means "my MPC dreams come true" or something like that)

I can hardly wait for the fantastic explanation!
By Monotremata Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:42 pm
godlike wrote:Yes, I agree that we should not have to pay to fix the software. I am wondering more about advancing the software--this is where the subscription model could be helpful. In essence we would be paying to support the strengthening and growth of the software. For example, we could be on version 3.0 by now with a subscription model.

Um Akai has been raking in money from the MPC family for 4-5 years now?
If money was the issue, we would've had 3.0 long ago when 'Akai Dan' Gill was talking about the 3.0 'roadmap' like 3-4 years ago on Gearslutz (as it was still called hah). Money is not the issue at all.

Seriously why are people so obsessed with 3.0? Folks act like its going to be the second coming of Jesus or something. Most people don't even know how to use half of whats in 2.0.

Shit just yesterday someone on one of the Facebook groups was complaining about Time Stretch being 'broken'. The dude was trying to time stretch an Amen without knowing how Time Stretch works, and DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT A BAR WAS OR HOW TO COUNT BEATS.
By B-Wise Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:23 pm
@godlike how long have you've been using MPCs or have experience with InMusic/Akai for you to feel like that was a good idea? Especially on this site.
By 83dude Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:43 pm
All subscription models don‘t sell a product, but a promise.

That‘s the case with many things, but here it means that you usually have to update. In a (semi-)professional environment, that‘s not sustainable.
By 40Beatz Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:56 pm
I say If A Subscription is Offered....It has to Cover ALL of my Music Equipment regardless of the Manufacturer. Repair or Replacement
By godlike Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:09 pm
I merely presented an idea in the spirit of helping further our AKAI/MPC platform. This idea is for those who are willing to see the development move sooner and quicker. Those who are happy with staying at their current software would not have to subscribe. You would have the choice--no force.
By B-Wise Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:27 pm
godlike wrote:I merely presented an idea in the spirit of helping further our AKAI/MPC platform. This idea is for those who are willing to see the development move sooner and quicker. Those who are happy with staying at their current software would not have to subscribe. You would have the choice--no force.

:evil: But did you play devils advocate with that idea & see how it could turn out bad before you decided to "help"? :smh:
If so what did you come up with?

The problem with your idea is it seems like it was made by an Akai (& most definitely an MPC-Forums) outsider in a vacuum with total disregard of the members feeling/opinions here. Just look at how many pages of posts that all in disagreement with you, which shows just how out of touch you are with the community.

Not very godlike to make a mess like this on that scale...but then its kinda is godlike to mess of everything but that's a whole another talk not meant for this site. :lol:
By Monotremata Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:31 pm
godlike wrote:I merely presented an idea in the spirit of helping further our AKAI/MPC platform. This idea is for those who are willing to see the development move sooner and quicker. Those who are happy with staying at their current software would not have to subscribe. You would have the choice--no force.

They should already be moving as quick as they can trying to bring in new users to the MPC ecosystem because they want that money. A subscription doesn't mean a damn thing will move quicker. Whatever roadmap they are working on, should already be moving full speed ahead. Software development and bug hunting cant really be 'sped up' aside from someone just taking their sweet time actually writing out code.
By Neodymium Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:49 am
In other news: Cakewalk by Bandlab, previously Cakewalk or Gibson, previously Cakewalk of Roland, previously Sonar by Cakewalk, Previously Cakewalk by Twelve Tone Systems, after having failed on it's Subscription model "Membership", and offering lifetime membership options. under Gibson and failed, then sold to Bandlab who provided as a free product for 5 years announced "It's going to be a paid product, and re-named Sonar again". But no one knows how it's a paid product yet. Will it be subscriptions again!!!
By godlike Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:44 am
Listen everyone, I did not mean any harm. I had an idea that I thought I would share with the community. Some of you found value in the idea, others did not. Either way it was presented to gauge your thoughts. Hopefully AKAI is watching and will find the thoughts helpful.
By B-Wise Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:14 am
godlike wrote:Listen everyone, I did not mean any harm. I had an idea that I thought I would share with the community. Some of you found value in the idea, others did not. Either way it was presented to gauge your thoughts. Hopefully AKAI is watching and will find the thoughts helpful.

Will you stop already. Learn to play devils advocate with your ideas before presenting them & know the nature of the community that your trying to help.

Some found value in the idea :lol: kinda delusional :shock:

Just let it go bro!