MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mpc_fan_2022 Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:51 am
godlike wrote:Listen everyone, I did not mean any harm. I had an idea that I thought I would share with the community. Some of you found value in the idea, others did not. Either way it was presented to gauge your thoughts. Hopefully AKAI is watching and will find the thoughts helpful.

Here: you can already send AKAI money every month since you're so bent on doing that:

Off course, AKAI doesn't guarantee monthly software updates, why would they? Anybody who thinks that paying a subscription fee would somehow speed up software development is deluded, but knock yourself out.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:10 am
Air also offer a monthly/annual subscription, but it only covers all the old plugins:

https://www.airmusictech.com/subscriptions.html

Seriously, if you follow pluginboutque sales most of these plugins are frequently available to purchase for peanuts ($10), many of them are given away for free in your Akai account. All those plugins are old and barely supported, subscribing does not give you ongoing updates. VIP was last updated in 2020, most of the others got a 2021 Macos stability update, in fact most of them only ever get 'stability' updates, no new features or improvements.
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:10 pm
What kind of a service guarantee could possibly make a subscription useful? Something like: "at least X number of new features, Y bug fixes and Z releases are guaranteed per year, or else you get your money back." ????????? LOL Nobody will promise subscribers anything.

Actual service promises are more like, "you are guaranteed to have access to a download area, and the ability to run the software, as long as you keep paying whatever price we dictate."
By Ultros Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:09 pm
MPC Gang propigates retardation. It starts at the top and trickles down lol.
By Monotremata Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:49 pm
B-Wise wrote:
Neodymium wrote:Waves makes U-turn on subscription-only model following user backlash: “We are genuinely sorry”

https://musictech.com/news/industry/wav ... -licenses/

They're sorry their scam didn't work.

Oh it worked alright! The day they announced that, I bought Softube's American Class A channel, and like 2 days later they released their Bus Compressor. Took care of my channel strip and the bus comp cheaper than WUP heh. Only have the Waves stuff installed for when I run into old projects (and will swap them out).

Turns out Im liking the API channel strip way more than the SSL. Eventually I'll get SSL's 4K B when it ever goes on sale or maybe buy the Console 1 which comes with Softube's E channel.. I busted out the Brainwork SSL's to try and use those instead but those sound like shit compared to Waves even heh.
By Korzo Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:40 pm
I don't understand people who want to pay every month and people who want Akai to release a new MPC that make their obsolete...
By bitermc Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:30 pm
Korzo wrote:I don't understand people who want to pay every month and people who want Akai to release a new MPC that make their obsolete...

By B-Wise Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:34 pm
Monotremata wrote:Oh it worked alright! The day they announced that, I bought Softube's American Class A channel, and like 2 days later they released their Bus Compressor. Took care of my channel strip and the bus comp cheaper than WUP heh. Only have the Waves stuff installed for when I run into old projects (and will swap them out).

Turns out Im liking the API channel strip way more than the SSL. Eventually I'll get SSL's 4K B when it ever goes on sale or maybe buy the Console 1 which comes with Softube's E channel.. I busted out the Brainwork SSL's to try and use those instead but those sound like shit compared to Waves even heh.

Best news in this whole thread :lol: